It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan becomes first state to ban sales of flavored e-cigarettes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I use an e-cigarette. I stopped smoking cold turkey for a couple of months and all of a sudden I got the urge to smoke again. I also got perturbed as hell at every little thing.
So instead of buying a pack of cigarettes, I purchased an e-cigarette. That was over three years ago.
When I was smoking cigarettes, I had a nagging cough and discolored sputum.
With e-cigarettes, I do not cough and if I get a cold, my phlegm is not discolored.

My doctor listened to my lungs last week and remarked "Good, good!"

I will not go back to tobacco cigarettes.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
As a Michigander, The Wench in the mansion has pee'd me off to no end since she has gotten there, and it just keeps getting worse.

She has her head so far up Union and Tobacco's behind, she can't see a dang thing.

We have a damn law for the age of tobacco and vape users. If she would freaking enforce that, with hefty fines, then she could "fix the damn roads".

Or, I don't know, use common sense on all matter in our state.

She would have to borrow the common sense from some else though.

God she sucks.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What nonsense...

A) no one thinks vaping is healthy..

B) no one is claiming vaping is as dangerous as cigarettes..

C) people make it at home..all it will do is start a trend of the flavor being sold separately.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

And yet Tobacco, Alcohol, and Sugar remain free to purchase.

The mind boggles at the stupidity really. LoL

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
Big win for the tobacco lobby. Wonder how much moolah they have given to trump and other Republicans?

The governor of Michigan is a Democrat.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
I absolutely agree, as far as knowing what you are buying.
I make my own Vape fluid, since I discovered that Propylene glycol, A) is not good for you and B) made my eczema go crazy.

3 ingredients in what I vape. Smoked cigs for 30 years, haven't had one in 3 1/2.

Just still makes me angry she did this.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

What goes in your mix?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Veggie glycerin
Nicotine
Flavoring.

I wonder if she will try to ban online sales of this stuff?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
She's nowhere near as bad as Jennifer Granholm was. Granny's big idea
was for our state to start accepting Canada's garbage. She also pushed General Motors and Ford to move more production to Ontario, at the expense of factories in Michigan (and Ohio).

She became ambassador to Canada after she left office. In hindsight, it wasn't surprising.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: butcherguy

Veggie glycerin
Nicotine
Flavoring.

I wonder if she will try to ban online sales of this stuff?

As soon as she finds out that people are still enjoying themselves... probably.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
She hasn't been in long enough to be that bad.

But she is trying like hell.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Make it a prescription.

Vaping makes it harder to quit though, so for those who want to quit it wouldn't make much sense to switch to vaping.
edit on 4-9-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Teens eat tide pods, snort condoms and do all kinds of other stupid #.
Oh yeah, adults drink and drive, use meth, etc etc...

When I was in high school it was "don't do crack!"
Today it's "don't vape!"

Just get some damn perspective and leave the kids alone.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

What nonsense...

A) no one thinks vaping is healthy..

B) no one is claiming vaping is as dangerous as cigarettes..

C) people make it at home..all it will do is start a trend of the flavor being sold separately.

Vaping used to be considered safer than cigarettes. Studies are starting to show vaping makes quitting more difficult, so while they may be safer per day to use, they may lead to longer use especially in those who want to quit.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

No judgement from me, everybody can do whatever they want to their bodies.
I just meant to say that many maybe think it is totally safe. With everything, it is the dose/amount that makes things toxic.

I do think that it is safer than inhaling smoke of course, I agree with you on all what you wrote (except the french fry, I can not verify).

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
When I was in high school it was "don't do crack!"
Today it's "don't vape!"

Just get some damn perspective and leave the kids alone.

My whole life is regulated to address the needs of hypothetical children.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Vaping made it easy for me to quit after awhile I couldn't stand cigg's now I can't even stand the smell , But I've been vaping for 8-10 years so I have not quit that yet I am down to 3mg now when I started I was up to 30mg I find that crazy now I look back .

edit on 9/4/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
For the past month or two I've noticed that vape related stories have been common to see when I opened up my home page. Stories usually with sensationalist headlines like "TEEN DIES FROM VAPING" and also usually highly misleading.

For example, deeper research into several of those stories all led to the same unmentioned information. The kids weren't vaping nicotine - they were vaping bootleg THC cartridges.

The reason that I've taken the time to read the stories and do the research is pretty simple. On June 4th of 2018, after 35 years as a 1 to 2 pack per day smoker, I smoked the last cigarette out of the last pack of cigarettes that I ever purchased. The last cigarette that will ever be lit and anywhere near my mouth.

The vape mod and eliquid I had purchased enabled me to accomplish that. Previously I had tried to quit dozens of times and for a variety of reasons - and always failed. Hell in the 90's I caused a ruckus because I was caught smoking in the bathroom of my ICU room. I could not function without nicotine.

Fifteen months on... I still vape. I go through about 4 or 5 ml of 6 mg liquid a day. I've never bothered to do the math but I am fairly confident that my nicotine intake is far less now than it was for my 35 years as a smoker.

The morning cough that I'd just learned to live with for years upon years? Gone.

The persistent nose congestion that I seemed to always have when I smoked? Gone.

My GERD / reflux symptoms that became nearly impossible to live with and required prescription medication to treat for the last decade that I smoked? Not quite gone but I no longer have to dump Prilosec and antacids down my body every single day.

Vaping saved me from cigarettes and improved my health. Even if it's found that vaping is bad for ones health, I'm confident that the risks and effects are still nowhere as bad as they are with cigarettes. It's a trade-off that I specifically am happy to take.

So yeah. Those who haven't started with nicotine? Don't smoke. Don't vape. Don't buy nicotine gum. Stay away from it entirely. But for those of us who were stupid enough to start - Well outlawing vaping is simply an inhumane and irrational move.

Especially considering that as far as I know, I can still walk into my corner store and buy a pack of Marlboro's.

Thinking about it... Maybe I have figured this out.

If I do walk into the store and buy cigarettes, there's a funny little sticker on the box. A tax sticker.

Can't seem to find such a sticker on my eliquid...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Going to stop by my local shop tomorrow after learning about this.

My wife vapes menthol flavor, I prefer American Tobacco flavor. I've never run across just plain no flavor oils - so my questions at the shop will be exactly which flavors are banned. Is it "sweet flavors" as the local news is reporting or all flavors including menthol and American?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

If you are still vaping you have not quit. But like all things one person's experience is just that. Studies show people who want to quit and switch to vaping have lower success in quitting and tend to keep vaping. You have cut back so I am happy to hear that. Some who switch have increased nicotine consumption than when they smoked.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join