It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have kept me awake, my eyes open

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I cried out loud to the Lord,
Cried out to God, and he turned to me.
In my time of trouble I sought for God,
My hands stretched out all night long,
tireless in supplication.

My beloved is mountains,
His face is comely,
His gaze peers through the latice,
Piercing me deeply with his grace.

His glance hath left a mortal wound,
Who can heal me?
He has left me after spying,
His immaterial steps made no trail.

His forest and His creatures,
Dispel the scent of his perfume.
I call out in desperation,
"Tell me, have you seen my love?"

"We that hath seen are enamored,
He looked upon us all,
Aftur rapture we awoke,
And the gentle one had fled".

I am wounded, I am faint,
Must I limp on through,
He shall heal me whom i search for,
Heaven lift me from my falls.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ah, Cool....I see you're invincible....yea!

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

"He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. "

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase
a reply to: GBP/JPY

"He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. "

What a wonderful hope the resurrection (lit. a raising up) of the dead in the future "last day" or "judgement day" is! The "last day" is the thousand year reign of Jesus over humankind. That is when his kingdom will have come and will accomplish his will on earth as it has been in the heaven.

Far from the false teaching of apostate Christianity that dishonorably teach the soul cannot die, or that people go to heaven or hell the moment they die.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ExpectingChange

'And Jesus said to him: Amen I say to thee: This day thou shalt be with me in paradise.'

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

Jesus did tell him on the day he died, that the evil doer would be in the future with him in paradise. Obviously Jesus didn't go to paradise with the evildoer that day. The Bible said he went to hell for parts of 3 days. (The KJV says Jesus went to hell, over versions state: Sheol, or the grave, as the place Jesus died and went to until he was resurrected on the third day).

Afterwards his apostles preached that Jesus was the first and only one to be raised from the dead and to go to return to heaven.

The Christian scriptures even console the anointed Christian congregation with the fact that they would all die and be sleeping in death awaiting Jesus Christ revelation in heaven with his holy angels at the end of this wicked system of things....

13 Moreover, brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who are sleeping in death, so that you may not sorrow as the rest do who have no hope. 14 For if we have faith that Jesus died and rose again, so too God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in death through Jesus. 15 For this is what we tell you by Jehovah’s word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep in death; 16 because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. 17 Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we will always be with the Lord. 18 So keep comforting one another with these words.

1 Thes 4:13-18.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Jesus did tell him on the day he died, that the evil doer would be in the future with him in paradise. Obviously Jesus didn't go to paradise with the evildoer that day. The Bible said he went to hell for parts of 3 days. (The KJV says Jesus went to hell, over versions state: Sheol, or the grave, as the place Jesus died and went to until he was resurrected on the third day).

Afterwards his apostles preached that Jesus was the first and only one to be raised from the dead and to go to return to heaven.

The Christian scriptures even console the anointed Christian congregation with the fact that they would all die and be sleeping in death awaiting Jesus Christ revelation in heaven with his holy angels at the end of this wicked system of things....

13 Moreover, brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who are sleeping in death, so that you may not sorrow as the rest do who have no hope. 14 For if we have faith that Jesus died and rose again, so too God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in death through Jesus. 15 For this is what we tell you by Jehovah’s word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep in death; 16 because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. 17 Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we will always be with the Lord. 18 So keep comforting one another with these words.

1 Thes 4:13-18.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You really want me to crack open books huh? That's okay, I knew where to look.

To rise with Christ, we must die with Christ: we must "be away from the body and at home with the Lord." In that "departure" which is death the soul is separated from the body. It will be reunited with the body on the day of resurrection of the dead. CCC 1005

Death puts an end to human life as the time open to either accepting or rejecting the divine grace manifested in Christ. The New Testament speaks of judgment primarily in its aspect of the final encounter with Christ in his second coming, but also repeatedly affirms that each will be rewarded immediately after death in accordance with his works and faith. The parable of the poor man Lazarus and the words of Christ on the cross to the good thief, as well as other New Testament texts speak of a final destiny of the soul--a destiny which can be different for some and for others. CCC 1021

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Want to see if you believe what scripture states. It shows your heart if it is honest and you love truth.

It states that the anointed Christian dies and falls asleep in death, and remains asleep until Jesus returns. And then he will call with the archangel's voice as he descends at the last trumpet and those dead in union with Christ will be raised first.

If you don't believe the apostles and Christians of the first century are asleep in death as the Bible says they are...then you don't believe God, or Jesus. You don't have to crack any book but the Bible. And a few verses to know and cherish that truth.

Everyone good in the Bible, aside from Jesus is still asleep in death. Not one person has gone to heaven, accept for one, the person that descended, Jesus.

"Moreover, brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who are sleeping in death, so that you may not sorrow as the rest do who have no hope." - 1 Thessalonians 4:13.

"Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but the one who descended from heaven, the Son of man." - John 3:13.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I believe the bible and I believe it requires interpretation, but not by the individual. As you've seen our disagreement stems from seemingly opposing scripture. Both scripture is correct but the whole picture is left out, because what you're asserting describes the death of the body and the resurrection of the body, and you describe the soul as one and the same, but that is where you're wrong. At death, body and soul are seperated; the dust returns to dust and the soul returns to God. This is called the particular judgement. When the soul is reunited to the body (which is asleep) that is the final judgement
edit on 053030p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Please give scripture that upon death the soul return to God.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The soul that sins will die. - Ezekiel 18:4.

When a person dies they cease to exist says the Bible. The Bible teaches their will be a resurrection of both good and bad people.

It teaches some people will be raised to heavenly spirit life as spirit creatures, not as physical humans. It says that those, among whom the apostles were called, and many other first century Christians, if not all, will reign in heaven with Jesus over the earth as kings and priests during Christ's thousand year reign over mankind.

It says that they are asleep in death awaiting the return of Christ with his angels in heavens. Then Jesus, at the last trumpet will descend and with the archangel's voice and the loud sound of a trumpet he will resurrect the holy ones, or saints, to heavenly spirit life with him, as firstfruits among those raised from the dead.

The Bible needs no interpretation.

This was all written long before men came along with the foolish philosophies and empty traditions and corrupted the word of truth, and began to twist it to teach false stories.

You don't need an interpretation, nor do I. You just need to believe what God's word is saying to you. God's word does that by means of his holy spirit. You don't need to look to false religious dogma invented after scripture, that contradicts scripture. You have what is termed in scripture the "falsely called knowledge."

"Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called “knowledge.” 21 By making a show of such knowledge, some have deviated from the faith." - 1 Timothy 6:20, 21.

"But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep in death. 21 For since death came through a man, resurrection of the dead also comes through a man. 22 For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each one in his own proper order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence." - 1 Corithinans 15:20-23.

If you notice that the firstfruits of Christ will be raised from the dead to spiritual life in heaven during "Chirst's prescence", some translations state that as his return.

Jesus said his presence and return will be during the last days of the wicked world we live in...

"Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?” - Matthew 24:3.

During Jesus sign of the last days he talks about a great tribulation that will affect the entire world of mankind. After which he will appear in heaven with supernatural signs and portents. And THEN he will descend and with a trumpet send his angels to all the corners of the world to raise his holy ones, or saints, from death, to heavenly spirit life:

"Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity." - Matthew 24:30, 31.

So as you can clearly see, the Bible teaches that when a person dies he falls asleep in death in the grave. The anointed called and chosen will be raised to heavenly spirit life with Jesus after the great tribulation, when Jesus appears in heaven with supernatural signs and portents and descends with an archangel's voice, with a loud trumpet, he will send his angels to all the corners of the world and resurrect the anointed.

There is another resurrection after this one. This is the first resurrection. The second resurrection is of the rest of godly and ungodly mankind to prospects of perfection of life on earth.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You gave a very good exegesis of the scriptures which I agree with soul sleep until the resurrection. One question in your opinion where do all these NDE go to heaven, streets of gold everyone hanging out with Jesus. Other side of coin going to hell and seeing all the horrors of that place if no one is in either place?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yeah, we believe different things. I wrote a poem and I didnt know i'd be getting deep into an argument(kinda derailed me). Also im on mobile so I dont really want to put much effort into a response.

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Please give scripture that upon death the soul return to God.

I wrote in a response earlier the words that Jesus spoke to Dismus. And actually when I looked it up in the CCC it used that same thing as an example.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

You gave a very good exegesis of the scriptures which I agree with soul sleep until the resurrection. One question in your opinion where do all these NDE go to heaven, streets of gold everyone hanging out with Jesus. Other side of coin going to hell and seeing all the horrors of that place if no one is in either place?

I don't know. I can guess that some of it is probably fraudulent claims. And others lucid hallucinations, or dreams.

In the Bible Lazurus was dead for 3 days. And Jesus told him to get up and come out! He wasn't calling a part of Lazarus that was somehwere alive, as in heaven for example. He was calling on God's power to put the life back into the dead man Lazarus.

God can do that to everyone that has ever died. An easy way to explain it is when you die who you are everything about you returns to God. Like a USB drive connected to a HDD (hard drive). All the information is copied over, then the HDD is destroyed, non-existent. But all the memory is still on the thumb drive. A new HDD is made and the data stored in the USB installed onto the HDD. It runs as if nothing had happened.

So it is with the resurrection. While the dead are sleeping in death (God uses the term sleep to give us the idea that they have no consciousness which they don't, but it is to him as if sleep because he can raise them back up whenever he so choses), they have no thoughts. God will call them back to life, and they will raise up again as they were when they died, of course with the exception to any physical defects. They will be brought back in perfectly healthy and youthful bodies. Everyone that remains in God's memory will be brought back to life.

This is really an easy thing for God to do. And he promises to do it!

“Most truly I say to you, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who have paid attention will live. 26 For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to do judging, because he is the Son of man. 28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment." - John 5:25-29.
edit on 4-9-2019 by ExpectingChange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yeah, I realize that. I was using some of what you wrote to help you see something. I hope it did. I meant no offense. It is really amazing though, these truths. I have no doubt you can see them, and you can see them. It is a wonderful thing that is being done.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No offense taken at all. I wasn't going to log back in but your first comment was intriguing, thanks for the talk

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Matthew 12:39-40
And he answering said to them, `A generation, evil and adulterous, doth seek a sign, and a sign shall not be given to it, except the sign of Jonah the prophet; for, as Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights, so shall the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights.

In Matthews account, Matthew says that Jesus said that He [Jesus] would be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights. That was the prophecy given to the unbelievers who wanted a sign from Jesus that He was indeed who He said He was.

Jesus and the other two who died beside Jesus were put to death on the 14th of Nisan which was a Wednesday afternoon at about their 9th hour and our understanding of about 3 pm. The new day starts with another 12 hours period of four watches of three hours each watch. At the end of the four watches starts another 12 hour period of a 12 hours day.

Jesus was entombed shortly after the 9th hour with only three more hours of the day of the 14th left. His tomb was on a 72 hour temple guard watch and a seal on the tomb. That day of the 15th was a high sabbath day and not the regular sabbath. The count starts with the 15th [Thursday], the 16th [Friday], and the 17th [Saturday]. those are the three days and three nights. The tomb was then unsealed on the 18th [Sunday] between the first and 4th watch.

Jesus said that He would be in the heart of the earth [not the tomb] for 72 hours. We only have 72 hours and if Jesus was in the heart of the earth 72 hours then how could He be in the tomb and dead 72 hours?

Luke_23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. ------------------

Jesus said to Dismas, the repenting thief, that the day they both died that Dismas would be in paradise with Him [Jesus]. We do not know how soon after Jesus died that Dismas also died but according to scripture it was within three hours that both Jesus and Dismas died. That was on the preparation day before the sabbath of Passover.

Luke 16:19-31 tells us that Paradise was at this time in Sheol. Paradise had moved from being Gan Eden to being Abraham's Bosom [Paradise]. After the death of Jesus and 72 hours later the justified spirits were resurrected into the kingdom of heaven along with Paradise. Paradise is now in the kingdom of heaven with all sanctified spirits of the dead souls of the Adamic race.
lol seede

top topics

join