It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes the Democrats are coming for your guns. The black scary ones.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
― Patrick Henry

Well regulated means working order, that is to say arms, powder and ball or cartridges and enough provisions to sustain yourself for a couple of weeks until you can be supplemented by government backing. It was so every able bodied man could answer the call of immediate defense while Congress got organized.

If you had to take a trip to the armory to arm and provision, the invaders could become entrenched in makeshift fortifications. Your job was to hold the line and confound and harass the enemy until help arrived. Even if that meant you died trying. Ad hoc militias were pawns, sacrificed to place the back row power pieces in position, the trained units backed with logistics supporting them.

Tactics have come a long way since then as has firepower. But militias still have that important role and an unestablished enemy is weaker due to the disorganization of being disrupted. Even if the equivalency is Star Destroyers versus sticks and spears. Why would you not want a good blaster by their (or your) side instead?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
The Second amendment constitutes two parts, the prefatory clause and the operative clause.

The prefatory clause states, “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State”
The operative clause states, “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed”

Prefatory basically means "pertaining to"

When taking these two clauses in context it simply means a person belonging to a militia may own, possess and transport arms in the volition of participating in militia activities.

When taking the clauses out of context the clauses could take on any meaning, especially the operative clause.

It doesn't mean an individual should own 10 tactical rifles and several thousand rounds of ammunition for personal reasons. Just cuz.

Only in your broken mind.
The Supreme Court has already ruled years ago that you are wrong.
Who teaches you guys such stupid ideas? And why do people keep bringing up these tired and well debunked beliefs.
You might as well be arguing that 1+1=100. You would be just as wrong.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Why were you insulted by being called ignorant? The truth isn’t an insult.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Who teaches you guys such stupid ideas?

Vox.

And why do people keep bringing up these tired and well debunked beliefs.

Because outlets like Vox keep rewriting the same inaccurate articles.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Why were you insulted by being called ignorant? The truth isn’t an insult.

I wasn't as I am not.
Try harder.
Next time don't make up easily reasearched bs about existing laws.
Or not, as your bs doesn't really matter.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yet here you are, still trying to say I lied when I didn’t.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

You can't use a .30-06 on deer in Ohio? That's...crazy. I've taken more than one with it. A .30-30 will do, as well, rather easily, too.

I can't think of a single reasonably large animal that either one of those rounds couldn't take, in North America...

That's an odd rule.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

It appears to me that your Constitution was instituted to restrain anybody in any position that may constitute the need for restrain as per the majority.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

A convoluted statement so before responding I need to ask to clarify. Are you saying that the Constitution is supposed to be used by the majority to restrict the minority in a “Might equals right.” Sort of fashion? Or that a changing mindset can be used to eliminate the guaranteed rights of others just because goading and cheerleading a point got a majority to passively agree to remove that right?

My opening quote of Patrick Henry, one of the founding fathers, was that the Constitution was specifically designed so that We the People have the ultimate position of power over the Federal Government and not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yes, no bottleneck rounds. Mostly due to the extended range during a miss versus the faster dropping rate of a larger, heavier slug like the .357 or .44

Most of Ohio is fairly rural, but the houses are closer together than say Montana or Wyoming.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join