It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes the Democrats are coming for your guns. The black scary ones.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: InTheLight

You’re debating somebody who spent page after page defending the idea of red flag laws, which are predicated on the belief that somebody might do something, entirely because Trump thinks they’re a good idea, then turns around and says they don’t believe in giving up a right because somebody might do something.

If you don’t see the futility in that discussion, I’m gobsmacked.

and you posted made up lies about such laws
now you move to stifling discussion?
well done comrade

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
At one time I actually thought to myself, " well for the better of society, and if it'll help save one life I may just be willing to give up my right to have an assault rifle". I mean after all, there's plenty of other types of rifles I can hunt with, and in some case even better than say an AR-15, or an Bushmaster for sure...However, after more forward thinking I realized that if we allow this to happen, where would it end? If we allow them to make any limitations to our precious rights it will not stop, and will only continue until our rights are completely obliterated into what resembles some communist nation...

I don't know what the answer is to this whole mass shooting/killing argument is.. I do know that it's tied to #1..mental illness,..#2..The internet ( Yes, I said that because like a lot of other things that are happening, we did not see an uptick in it until the internet's rise)....#3..Family, and it may seem silly, but family just isn't what it used to be, and family structure is very important to a person's mind, body, and spirit...We used to help one another, and be there when cousin Charlie needed a hand, or Uncle Dave needed to be told " that's enough Dave, we love you but we're not going to see you end up in jail "... These things are important, but America is changing, and it started slowly, but we've hit warp drive now...#4.. It may be the last on my list, but it's certainly not the least, and that is DRUGS... I'm not just talking about street, but prescription drugs are just as deadly, and causing havock on Americans everyday.. Drugs in modern day America has got to be dealt with, and it's a situation we as a nation are going to have to get serious about if we plan on making it another 200 years as a nation.. This ties into the current border debate, among other things...But drugs are destroying everyday Americans life's, and they're destroying what once was beautiful families..They must be stopped at all cost!!

Anyways, that's just couple of pennies I thought I would throw out there on the topic, and hey " It's My First Post, and My First Anything Here On AboveTopSecret...Glad to be here guys, and hope to be a stable contributer lol....

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Someone tell me why a hunter needs an AR15 with a 30 round clip to go deer hunting. In my day it was a 30-06 bolt action for the skill of taking down a deer with one shot.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for gun ownership but some take it to the extreme. Especially those that walk around with a fully loaded AR15 with a 30 round clip strapped to their back. For what? What are these people expecting?

I would say it gives them a sense of power.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym

The second amendment wasn't written in case the deer population rise up against us.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Just because you’re to ignorant too understand the topic doesn’t mean other people are lying. It means you’re ignorant. There’s a difference.

Nobody is stifling anything. No need for you to create more strawmen to attack in an effort to be right about something.

I can tell you’re in “get the last word in and it means I win” mode now, and that’s fine. I can tell you really need to be able to tell yourself that you’re right about this, because that’s easier than learning something and accepting that maybe Trump isn’t perfect all the time. That’s okay buddy. You can have that you can rant and rant long after everybody else has tired of talking to you and tell yourself in between gulps of Mountain Dew and chicken tenders how you showed all those damn dirty leftists (who aren’t really leftists but that’s how you have to think of them because it makes it easier on your brain) who’s really right.
edit on 7-9-2019 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
Someone tell me why a hunter needs an AR15 with a 30 round clip to go deer hunting. In my day it was a 30-06 bolt action for the skill of taking down a deer with one shot.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for gun ownership but some take it to the extreme. Especially those that walk around with a fully loaded AR15 with a 30 round clip strapped to their back. For what? What are these people expecting?

The great thing about a Right is that you don't need a justification to exercise it.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The second amendment wasn't written with deer hunters in mind... FYI.

The Founding Fathers had life experiences with totalitarian govt., and were of no mind to see it repeated. Hence, the "shall not be infringed." part of the second amendment.

"Needs" are meaningless. "Rights" are, on the other hand, chock full of meaning.

Said deer hunter can have a 30 rd magazine for his rifle if he so desires.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BrandonJoe

That’s what the liberals want you to think. “Even if we save one life”. BS. The idea of freedom is worth more than 1,000,000 American lives. The founding fathers would agree. Give me liberty or give me death. Does anyone remember that?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

First: hunting rifles are more destructive than tactical rifles
Second: the second amendment was written for the maintaining the security of a free state and prevention of tyranny.
As much as y’all claim to hate Trump, I’d think that would be an easy concept to grasp.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

You are not hunting deer legally in Ohio with an AR-15 or 30-06 nor even a .308. Ohio requires straight wall cartridges no smaller than a .357 magnum. All of those rounds are bottleneck cartridges and too small of a diameter. 9mm while the same diameter and straight walled is also out due to being lower power than a .357. .44 magnum seems to be the choice rifle, most use 12 gauge slugs although some will use a 45-70 government which is best used on buffalo, but not my deer.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Wow
Nothing on topic
Well done

What a jackass

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Neat! You’ve now resorted to name calling.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
They are coming for all guns.
The trump haters will help them.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Neat! You’ve now resorted to name calling.

Meh
The truth isnt an insult
Why would you consider it an insult to be identified as dnc ?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

They could teach Patrick Henry quotes for a week in History class minimum.

“They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power.” ― Patrick Henry

“Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?”
― Patrick Henry

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who comes near that precious jewel. Unfortunately, nothing
will preserve it but downright force. When you give up that force, you are ruined.”
― Patrick Henry

“Show me that age and country where the rights and liberties of the people were placed on the sole chance of their rulers being good men, without a consequent loss of liberty?”
― Patrick Henry

And perhaps one of my favorite because it says so much today.

“It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains.”
― Patrick Henry

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The Second amendment constitutes two parts, the prefatory clause and the operative clause.

The prefatory clause states, “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State”
The operative clause states, “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed”

Prefatory basically means "pertaining to"

When taking these two clauses in context it simply means a person belonging to a militia may own, possess and transport arms in the volition of participating in militia activities.

When taking the clauses out of context the clauses could take on any meaning, especially the operative clause.

It doesn't mean an individual should own 10 tactical rifles and several thousand rounds of ammunition for personal reasons. Just cuz.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

In the landmark Supreme Court case, D.C. vs Heller, the court explains that all citizens are the militia; the Second Amendment is an individual right, just like every other right protected in the Bill of Rights, and is independent of membership in any organized group or military unit.

www.mic.com...

So. . . ummm, you're wrong.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Next you will tell us the moon is made of green cheese?
SCOTUS says you sre full of crap.
Nice try tho.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I agree. If a person is armed in their home they have the right to defend their life and property. I am sure this was implied.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I am not full of crap. I just quoted clauses in the second amendment.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join