It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes the Democrats are coming for your guns. The black scary ones.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
still not a definition of an "assault weapon" is it?

would you also define a "high capacity magazine"

the actual problem is they want to take all the guns
having no actual definition helps with that agenda.....

you do understand machine guns(fully automatic) are already highly regulated and not sold to the general public?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
still not a definition of an "assault weapon" is it?

would you also define a "high capacity magazine"

the actual problem is they want to take all the guns
having no actual definition helps with that agenda.....

you do understand machine guns(fully automatic) are already highly regulated and not sold to the general public?

If you look at the link below it's a cat and mouse game going on with definitions and getting around 'legal'.

As a result, the latest AR-15 patterned rifles are not that different from the assault weapons California banned in 1989.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I did not ask for "their" definition.
you brought the education please share it with us....

when you can't provide a definition for what you want to ban it is an issue

keep attempting to forward that confiscation agenda tho

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What make one semi automatic firearm different and less at killing then another. ignorance?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
perception

the perception of the nut

we are to ban it based on the nuts perception

so when the nut starts using chainsaws they will be banned next.........

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I did not ask for "their" definition.
you brought the education please share it with us....

when you can't provide a definition for what you want to ban it is an issue

keep attempting to forward that confiscation agenda tho

My agenda here is to bring experts' (criminal psychologists, gun experts, and others) opinions into this debate, however for this particular thread, I see it is futile.

Question, what solutions do any of you here have to offer? I wait.

The last of the summer sun is calling me, until later.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The FN Five-Seven would be my choice except for price and availability of ammo and low opportunity for spare magazines. But 20 rounds in a compact and concealable pistol format makes for a deeper threat than an AR-15. Secret Service uses them as their duty piece for a good reason. Maybe it is a good thing that is not my nature.

But the promotional aspect of the AR-15 is point to address. And by promotional I mean the media and certain politicians shrieking to the high heavens every last detail. The Dayton shooting was a month ago and is still being hammered on the local stations. Of course the Memorial Day tornados still get mentioned and really only dropped from the local news cycle due to the shooting.

There are bad people out that do very bad things. I have been toe to toe with one. I can’t tell you his name, which exact white supremacy group he was with, what the name of the Saratoga sailor who was murdered that he was affiliated with was. I can’t tell you those details because it wasn’t worth it to me to memorize that crap. I can tell you that he served time in Fort Leavenworth for crimes committed in the Vietnam War, I know what his face looks like if I ever ran across him again but he might be dead by now.

But that’s just me. I tend not to catch the names of the shooters in these cases because they don’t deserve to be remembered. Others need that info and others still need to manipulate that info to force their mindset and position on others. Which is exactly what a mass shooter does most of the time come to think of it. Most mass shooters just want to be killed, suicide by cop, and they force their want upon bystanders by killing them.

Maybe some gun grabbers are just mass shooters that want to be stopped ahead of time?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Progressive do not trust white males to retain their ancient rights--to act responsibly their guns. Progressives do not trust what they might do.

Gun ownership advocates do not trust progressives to control gun owners' rights for them. They don't trust progressives to act responsibly with their confiscatory powers. 2nd amend advocates do not trust what they might do.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the "education"

still no definition of "assault weapon" or "high capacity magazine"

your "experts" are nothing of the sort, simply partisans poorly disgusised

enjoy the sunshine!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

you made all of that up you know as it is still in the discussion phase...... nice try tho

17 states and DC already have red flag laws. No discussion, it’s already the law. And that is the exact process red flag laws use. Somebody files a petition, there’s a hearing, decision made. You have committed no crime and haven’t been judged mentally deficient. You said something that scared somebody and the government can now deprive you of your rights until such time as you prove to them you should get your rights back. Trump called for more of them. There won’t be a national red flag law, but congress can and probably will pass legislation that encourages the state’s to adopt red flag laws.

If you’re going to debate a topic you should probably not be so woefully uninformed about it. Since you’re so wildly in the dark as to what some pretty basic constitutional rights are and how our president has said he’s cool with ignoring them, I think we can go ahead and end our discussion here. I’m sure you’ll take a parting shot so you can convince yourself you “won” somehow, but we both know that isn’t the case. Take care.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

17 states and DC already have red flag laws

which of those was trump a party to?
none?
so trump was discussing a federal law?
so it was then a part of a discussion?

And that is the exact process red flag laws use

sorry without a source im calling bs

Somebody files a petition

it is not just "somebody"
nice try tho

there’s a hearing

so then that is due process?

You have committed no crime and haven’t been judged mentally deficient.

more of your made up bs
threats are crimes
should a nutcase have access to a gun while he is being evaluated to find he is a nutcase?

Trump called for more of them.

which requires DISCUSSION
wow that was hard

If you’re going to debate a topic you should probably not be so woefully uninformed about it.

physician heal thyself

Since you’re so wildly in the dark as to what some pretty basic constitutional rights are and how our president has said he’s cool with ignoring them, I think we can go ahead and end our discussion here.

thats cool as you make crap up to suit your bs positions

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

You have missed one important point, that being, that 'recently' the AR-15 is the gun of choice for mass shootings.

The 9 mm handgun round has a larger bullet, but this AR-15 round has more gunpowder, accelerating its velocity. Both the round and the rifle were designed in the 1950's for the military. The result was the M16 for our troops and the AR-15 for civilians.

Cynthia Bir: There's going to be a lot more damage to the tissues, both bones, organs, whatever gets kind of even near this bullet path. The bones aren't going to just break, they're going to shatter. Organs aren't just going to tear or have bruises on them, they're going to be, parts of them are going to be destroyed.

Paramedic Laz Ojeda saved Maddy Wilford, in part, because Broward County EMS recently equipped itself for the battlefield wounds that the AR-15 inflicts.

Laz Ojeda: We carry active-killer kits in our rescues.

Scott Pelley: Active-killer kits?

Laz Ojeda: Yes.

Scott Pelley: What is that?

Laz Ojeda: That is a kit that has five tourniquets, five decompression needles, five hemostatic agents, five emergency trauma dressings.

www.cbsnews.com...

Yes, that's nice and all. Does it change the numbers?

And now that we have that straight, let's talk about it. AR15's have been around a long time. Since early Viet Nam war. Why is it that just recently, they have become such a highly used tool in the fight to kill innocents? And perhaps more importantly, if it's the use of the weapon, when statistics clearly show handguns are the main tool used almost 2 to 1, why is the focus on the scary black rifle?

I look forward to your well informed and well thought out answers.

I am just going by what some gun experts are telling me and you.

Dean Hazen, owner of The Gun Experts in Mahomet, Ill., and a master firearms instructor, said the reason mass shooters are turning to the AR-15 is due to a "copy-cat" mentality more than any feature of the rifle. "It’s really just a perception thing," Hazen said. "There are rifles that are more powerful and more dangerous than that, but they're not being used." Hazen said the AR-15 has "gotten a bad rap." He believes mass shooters generally don't know much about guns and choose the AR-15 because of the reputation it has gotten from being used in other mass shootings. "Thank God they don't know any better because if they did they would use much more effective weapons," Hazen said.

www.usatoday.com...

It looks like AR-15 will continue to be the mass murdering gun of choice for the reasons Dean Hazen states above, so it looks like the numbers will change dramatically in the future.

so your answer is to remove that particular weapon, due to it's popularity, and you think that will stop mass shootings? Honest question.

ETA:and while I'm asking things,

And perhaps more importantly, if it's the use of the weapon, when statistics clearly show handguns are the main tool used almost 2 to 1, why is the focus on the scary black rifle?

I read your link, so I know what they said. it's all just trying to be cool.

But I want to know what you think. You came here to talk. I feel it's important to know that you are informed about what you are wanting. I have a really good idea that most of the loud voices have little to no clue about weapons, or what makes them work. If everyone was informed, then I feel certain, some good INFORMED decisions might be made. But doing so out of ignorance, and knee jerk reactions won't help save kids.

And lastly, know this: the law abiding citizens will follow the rule set forth. It's what we do. But criminals will not. It's what they do. So when you come up with a plan, be damn sure that it will deter a CRIMINAL from killing kids. Unless that isn't your goal at all.
edit on 5-9-2019 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

We both know that’s not the goal though, don’t we? Right?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Thanks for the "education"

still no definition of "assault weapon" or "high capacity magazine"

your "experts" are nothing of the sort, simply partisans poorly disgusised

enjoy the sunshine!

They are more expert than you or me, that's for sure.

You didn't answer my question. What solutions do you have to offer?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
without being able to define what they wish to ban, no they are not
and anyone who attempts to use a nutcases perception to ban something is in no way an expert
these are no solutions only attempts to forward the agenda to disarm the law abiding citizens

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You have missed one important point, that being, that 'recently' the AR-15 is the gun of choice for mass shootings.

The 9 mm handgun round has a larger bullet, but this AR-15 round has more gunpowder, accelerating its velocity. Both the round and the rifle were designed in the 1950's for the military. The result was the M16 for our troops and the AR-15 for civilians.

Cynthia Bir: There's going to be a lot more damage to the tissues, both bones, organs, whatever gets kind of even near this bullet path. The bones aren't going to just break, they're going to shatter. Organs aren't just going to tear or have bruises on them, they're going to be, parts of them are going to be destroyed.

Paramedic Laz Ojeda saved Maddy Wilford, in part, because Broward County EMS recently equipped itself for the battlefield wounds that the AR-15 inflicts.

Laz Ojeda: We carry active-killer kits in our rescues.

Scott Pelley: Active-killer kits?

Laz Ojeda: Yes.

Scott Pelley: What is that?

Laz Ojeda: That is a kit that has five tourniquets, five decompression needles, five hemostatic agents, five emergency trauma dressings.

www.cbsnews.com...

Yes, that's nice and all. Does it change the numbers?

And now that we have that straight, let's talk about it. AR15's have been around a long time. Since early Viet Nam war. Why is it that just recently, they have become such a highly used tool in the fight to kill innocents? And perhaps more importantly, if it's the use of the weapon, when statistics clearly show handguns are the main tool used almost 2 to 1, why is the focus on the scary black rifle?

I look forward to your well informed and well thought out answers.

I am just going by what some gun experts are telling me and you.

Dean Hazen, owner of The Gun Experts in Mahomet, Ill., and a master firearms instructor, said the reason mass shooters are turning to the AR-15 is due to a "copy-cat" mentality more than any feature of the rifle. "It’s really just a perception thing," Hazen said. "There are rifles that are more powerful and more dangerous than that, but they're not being used." Hazen said the AR-15 has "gotten a bad rap." He believes mass shooters generally don't know much about guns and choose the AR-15 because of the reputation it has gotten from being used in other mass shootings. "Thank God they don't know any better because if they did they would use much more effective weapons," Hazen said.

www.usatoday.com...

It looks like AR-15 will continue to be the mass murdering gun of choice for the reasons Dean Hazen states above, so it looks like the numbers will change dramatically in the future.

so your answer is to remove that particular weapon, due to it's popularity, and you think that will stop mass shootings? Honest question.

ETA:and while I'm asking things,

And perhaps more importantly, if it's the use of the weapon, when statistics clearly show handguns are the main tool used almost 2 to 1, why is the focus on the scary black rifle?

I read your link, so I know what they said. it's all just trying to be cool.

But I want to know what you think. You came here to talk. I feel it's important to know that you are informed about what you are wanting. I have a really good idea that most of the loud voices have little to no clue about weapons, or what makes them work. If everyone was informed, then I feel certain, some good INFORMED decisions might be made. But doing so out of ignorance, and knee jerk reactions won't help save kids.

And lastly, know this: the law abiding citizens will follow the rule set forth. It's what we do. But criminals will not. It's what they do. So when you come up with a plan, be damn sure that it will deter a CRIMINAL from killing kids. Unless that isn't your goal at all.

The point you missed from the criminal psychologist expert is that copycat shooters will use choose the AR-15 or some other semiautomatic weapon because of the extreme carnage that weapon will cause, as media reports. Also your own FBI warns of copycat shooters and that means, in all probability, they will choose a semiautomatic weapon. And, recently, that semiautomatic weapon of choice is the AR-15.

So, what solutions do you offer?

Australia and New Zealand have taken action and banned semiautomatic weapons and you can't acquire for a gun just for 'self-defense', they want a good reason why you need (not want) a gun. And these two countries and many others just don't understand what the U.S.A.'s problem is in banning these types of weapons. B. Obama stated that your country should follow Australia as an example of how to dramatically reduce gun violence.

The Odessa shooter had guns in his possession, but went out of his way to look for and buy an illegally manufactured AR-15.

The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is currently investigating a man who they believe illegally manufactured and sold the AR-15-style rifle that Seth Ator used to kill seven people and injure 22 more on Saturday, before he was shot and killed by police.

I would hate to give up my semiautomatic magnum rifle, but my magazine holds only six bullets. Would a cap of 10 bullets be the answer? I don't know, do you?

Or do all of you believe that "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun"?

www.nationalreview.com...

As to addressing law abiding citizens who own guns...here is what your Secret Service says about them. How many law abiding citizens fit this description?

According to the report, 56% of attacks in 2018 had stressors related to financial instability. The Secret Service says that “78% of the attackers in 2018 exhibited behavior that caused concern in others, that behavior is not limited to, Social media posts with alarming content , Stalking and harassing behaviors, Escalating anger or aggressive behavior, Increased depression, Changes in behavior and appearance, Increased drug use, Expressions of suicidal ideations, and Erratic behavior.”

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 19CDT08America/Chicago01180830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 19CDT08America/Chicago01280830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Or do all of you believe that "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun"?

I do not believe in giving up a right so important because someone committed a crime and may commit another.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I do not believe in giving up a right so important because someone committed a crime and may commit another.

Not someone, many people and more copycat shooters to come.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Not someone, many people and more copycat shooters to come.

is murder not already illegal?
as to the "more copycat" that is fear mongering bs
you in no way know that specifically

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

You’re debating somebody who spent page after page defending the idea of red flag laws, which are predicated on the belief that somebody might do something, entirely because Trump thinks they’re a good idea, then turns around and says they don’t believe in giving up a right because somebody might do something.

If you don’t see the futility in that discussion, I’m gobsmacked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join