It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes the Democrats are coming for your guns. The black scary ones.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What guns? Mine ran away years ago while we were sleeping in the woo... er, hunting for food. I haven't seen them since.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: shooterbrody

As bad a trump can be, he is not coming after constitutional rights;

How many times do y’all need to be reminded that he said, point blank, “take the guns first, go through due process later.” and that he’s entirely in favor of red flag laws?

Good Christ, I know a lot of people on here said it wasn’t a big deal when he said he thinks due process is something to worry about later but his position on it hasn’t changed.

Eta @ OP - as pointed out in the thread I authored a while back, if they had their way they’d come for a lot more than just the scary black guns

Twist his words how you like; a discussion of red flag laws is VASTLY different than what the drms are pushing.

The answer to the dems is NO.
This will boil down to a 1 issue election.
We WILL CLING TO OUR GUNS! PERIOD!

NO CONFISCATION
STAND UP FOR THE CONSTITUTION

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Quoting him directly, which is what I did, is not twisting his words. He supports red flag laws. He’s good with taking the guns first and worrying about due process later. Good try at deflecting though.
edit on 5-9-2019 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Quoting him directly, which is what I did, is not twisting his words. He supports red flag laws. He’s good with taking the guns first and worrying about due process later. Good try at deflecting though.

A lot of people support "red flag" laws. Or do you think it is a good idea to leave firearms with someone who may have mental issues?
Discussing such is in no way the bs you are making it out to be.
On the other hand Robert Francis and other democratic candidates for president want to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens.
Funny your directed at one and not the other.
or not

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

if we allow ourselves to not be able to point out Trump's faults, we are becoming as stupid as the left is. We are supposed to be above that. Trump has said some stupid things. This instance was one. He didn't act on it, some folks with more reasoned answers explained it all to him. (the constitution)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
That is why I included this:

Even IF the "red flag" law is enacted, once the citizen is unencumbered with the "red flag" designation they would have their fire arms returned. They would not be CONFISCATED as beto and the other disgusting dems are campaigning for.

It is a bs distraction.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

A lot of people support "red flag" laws.

Oh cool. So if “a lot” of people support something then it must be a good thing, right? We’re not discussing “a lot” of people though.

Or do you think it is a good idea to leave firearms with someone who may have mental issues?

Nice strawman. Key phrase: might have mental issues. No, I don’t think somebody who’s been adjudicated mentally deficient should have firearms. But I think you should be adjudicated as such before being deprived of your rights, rather than just “maybe he’s got mental issues so let’s take his guns and then he can prove he’s not crazy.” Y’know, due process and all.

I’m sorry you think “I like taking the guns first and worrying about due process later.” is such a difficult quote for you to accept. He said it, not me.

Funny your directed at one and not the other. or not

Funny I wrote a whole thread a couple weeks ago about how the left really does want to take away all the guns, which is the thread I referenced in my initial comment.

You should take a page out of Network’s book. He’s capable of having an adult conversation about things without resorting to shrill strawman attacks and blatant partisan hackery.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Thank god for it. While some people are worried about whether or not he drew on a map with a sharpie, a few of us are paying attention to actual issues with stuff he’s said. I absolutely do commend you and a few others for being able to say “yes you’re right that was really #ing stupid” when it’s an actual issue. And y’know...not sharpie ink on a map.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

We’re not discussing “a lot” of people though.

Correct, the tread is about dems wanting to confiscate guns.
Why you choose to include the president, I don't know.
His discussion of "red flag" laws is not allowed?

No, I don’t think somebody who’s been adjudicated mentally deficient should have firearms. But I think you should be adjudicated as such before being deprived of your rights, rather than just “maybe he’s got mental issues so let’s take his guns and then he can prove he’s not crazy.” Y’know, due process and all.

Would you be so kind as to source anyone who is in favor of “maybe he’s got mental issues so let’s take his guns and then he can prove he’s not crazy.”
I will wait.......

I’m sorry you think “I like taking the guns first and worrying about due process later.” is such a difficult quote for you to accept. He said it, not me.

If said imaginary person is targeted for having firearms removed SOME due process has occurred?
Or are you implying this will be applied with no due process?
Even trump did not say that.
It appears the discussion of due process is the actual issue, that or you just don't like trump.
IMO the discussion prior to any of this being law is the most important thing.
It appears trump is open to that?
The dems however simply want to take our guns, and are no longer hiding that fact.

Funny I wrote a whole thread a couple weeks ago about how the left really does want to take away all the guns, which is the thread I referenced in my initial comment.

congrats

You should take a page out of Network’s book.

no thanks

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Why you choose to include the president, I don't know. His discussion of "red flag" laws is not allowed?

Except I didn’t bring Trump into the discussion, you did. Pointing out that he’s advocated ignoring due process isn’t allowed?

If said imaginary person is targeted for having firearms removed SOME due process has occurred?

A short hearing being held to decide whether or not to deprive you of your rights without you present to defend yourself is not due process.

congrats

Thanks. Congrats on being a big enough person to congratulate me for not being a hack like yourself.

no thanks

Not surprised.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

A short hearing being held to decide whether or not to deprive you of your rights without you present to defend yourself is not due process.

you made all of that up
you know as it is still in the discussion phase......
nice try tho

Thanks.

you are very welcome!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You have missed one important point, that being, that 'recently' the AR-15 is the gun of choice for mass shootings.

The 9 mm handgun round has a larger bullet, but this AR-15 round has more gunpowder, accelerating its velocity. Both the round and the rifle were designed in the 1950's for the military. The result was the M16 for our troops and the AR-15 for civilians.

Cynthia Bir: There's going to be a lot more damage to the tissues, both bones, organs, whatever gets kind of even near this bullet path. The bones aren't going to just break, they're going to shatter. Organs aren't just going to tear or have bruises on them, they're going to be, parts of them are going to be destroyed.

Paramedic Laz Ojeda saved Maddy Wilford, in part, because Broward County EMS recently equipped itself for the battlefield wounds that the AR-15 inflicts.

Laz Ojeda: We carry active-killer kits in our rescues.

Scott Pelley: Active-killer kits?

Laz Ojeda: Yes.

Scott Pelley: What is that?

Laz Ojeda: That is a kit that has five tourniquets, five decompression needles, five hemostatic agents, five emergency trauma dressings.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

You have missed one important point, that being, that 'recently' the AR-15 is the gun of choice for mass shootings.

The 9 mm handgun round has a larger bullet, but this AR-15 round has more gunpowder, accelerating its velocity. Both the round and the rifle were designed in the 1950's for the military. The result was the M16 for our troops and the AR-15 for civilians.

Cynthia Bir: There's going to be a lot more damage to the tissues, both bones, organs, whatever gets kind of even near this bullet path. The bones aren't going to just break, they're going to shatter. Organs aren't just going to tear or have bruises on them, they're going to be, parts of them are going to be destroyed.

Paramedic Laz Ojeda saved Maddy Wilford, in part, because Broward County EMS recently equipped itself for the battlefield wounds that the AR-15 inflicts.

Laz Ojeda: That is a kit that has five tourniquets, five decompression needles, five hemostatic agents, five emergency trauma dressings.

www.cbsnews.com...

Yes, that's nice and all. Does it change the numbers?

And now that we have that straight, let's talk about it. AR15's have been around a long time. Since early Viet Nam war. Why is it that just recently, they have become such a highly used tool in the fight to kill innocents? And perhaps more importantly, if it's the use of the weapon, when statistics clearly show handguns are the main tool used almost 2 to 1, why is the focus on the scary black rifle?

I look forward to your well informed and well thought out answers.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: InTheLight

www.cbsnews.com...

Yes, that's nice and all. Does it change the numbers?

And now that we have that straight, let's talk about it. AR15's have been around a long time. Since early Viet Nam war. Why is it that just recently, they have become such a highly used tool in the fight to kill innocents? And perhaps more importantly, if it's the use of the weapon, when statistics clearly show handguns are the main tool used almost 2 to 1, why is the focus on the scary black rifle?

I look forward to your well informed and well thought out answers.

I am just going by what some gun experts are telling me and you.

Dean Hazen, owner of The Gun Experts in Mahomet, Ill., and a master firearms instructor, said the reason mass shooters are turning to the AR-15 is due to a "copy-cat" mentality more than any feature of the rifle. "It’s really just a perception thing," Hazen said. "There are rifles that are more powerful and more dangerous than that, but they're not being used." Hazen said the AR-15 has "gotten a bad rap." He believes mass shooters generally don't know much about guns and choose the AR-15 because of the reputation it has gotten from being used in other mass shootings. "Thank God they don't know any better because if they did they would use much more effective weapons," Hazen said.

www.usatoday.com...

It looks like AR-15 will continue to be the mass murdering gun of choice for the reasons Dean Hazen states above, so it looks like the numbers will change dramatically in the future.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
from your link

"It’s really just a perception thing,

perception?

"There are rifles that are more powerful and more dangerous than that, but they're not being used." Hazen said the AR-15 has "gotten a bad rap." He believes mass shooters generally don't know much about guns and choose the AR-15 because of the reputation it has gotten from being used in other mass shootings.

omg
so we should confiscate guns from law abiding citizens and stop on our constitution because of "perception" and "reputation" of mass shooters?
really
really??????

ridiculous
a stupid excuse to disarm the public imo
imo that is their ONLY agena

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
from your link

"It’s really just a perception thing,

perception?

"There are rifles that are more powerful and more dangerous than that, but they're not being used." Hazen said the AR-15 has "gotten a bad rap." He believes mass shooters generally don't know much about guns and choose the AR-15 because of the reputation it has gotten from being used in other mass shootings.

omg
so we should confiscate guns from law abiding citizens and stop on our constitution because of "perception" and "reputation" of mass shooters?
really
really??????

ridiculous
a stupid excuse to disarm the public imo
imo that is their ONLY agena

Your gun experts are saying it, not me.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

lol
ok
you brought the stink, but it is not yours

what utter bs

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

lol
ok
you brought the stink, but it is not yours

what utter bs

So now being educated is stink to you?

More on what the gun experts and general public are trying to tell you. More numbers.

A number of surveys show that bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines are popular among the general public. A 2017 Pew Research Center poll found that 68 percent of adults favor banning assault weapons, and 65 percent support a ban on high-capacity magazines.

More strikingly, substantial numbers of gun owners supported the measures as well: 48 percent of gun owners in that poll said they would support a ban on assault style weapons, and 44 percent said they favored a ban on high-capacity magazines. A Quinnipiac poll conducted later in the year showed similar numbers.

Additionally, the percent drop in gun massacre deaths while the 1994 assault weapons ban was in place was 43 percent, not 49 percent.

www.washingtonpost.com...

With smaller-capacity magazines, said Robert Spitzer, a State University of New York at Cortland professor who has written five books on gun policy, “you could still do bad things. But not nearly to the same scale.” Studies have bolstered the view that a ban could have an impact.

www.washingtonpost.com... 5c6-1e74f7ec4a93_story.html
edit on 19CDT10America/Chicago004101030 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
bs polls and the washington post are far from your "educated"

shall we start from the beginning?
define an assault weapon please

i will wait.....

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

bs polls and the washington post are far from your "educated"

shall we start from the beginning?
define an assault weapon please

i will wait.....

What they want to ban are high capacity magazines and any customization parts which turns a semi-automatic weapon into an assault weapon.

Gunmakers and owners can modify guns in ways that keep the weapons legal but nearly indistinguishable from illegal assault weapons.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 19CDT10America/Chicago008101030 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join