It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Considering Social Credit Score System to determine Who Can Buy a gun.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

I think we agree more than you think. You wrote a huge post basically highlighting that they already have the power i conclude that they have. Im just saying for me attempting a deal like this makes perfect sense and because so its implications should be looked at seriously. Will it be bought off on who knows. We dont know if its a real deal on the table. If so It would have to be seriously considered no matter how pro constitution or 2nd amendment an individual is if it is. Having a favor in the pocket of google has global implications, wouldn't we agree? A guy like Trump thinking he could broker a hell of a deal is also not something outside the realm of possibilities. Without going into “Trump” im sure we can agree is arrogant enough to think he's just the man to broker such a deal. If disregarded completely id think you'd be ignoring the global, national and local pressure to pass what would seem like meaningful legislation regarding gun control. From a government perspective they are not impeding on anyones rights.. you have a choice to shut this stuff off. The data is already there and being used and they have a lot of people accessing it who know how to use it. We are in complete agreement there right? You don't think the government officials want their hand in it? I feel maybe you tried to interpret what i felt was a threat, which i didnt really attempt to do.. all i did/set out to do is show a deal makes sense and shouldn't be quickly brushed off. Also consider how hard the government has been trying to access information these companies have.
edit on 5-9-2019 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 5-9-2019 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: swimmer15

In short, the Gov. might rightly assume the "horse is already out of the barn" and either they start to exploit big data plus machine learning to control/use/manipulate US Citizens or other countries will.

Corporations are already doing it. Other countries are already doing it. Why not US Gov?...for the people's own good and protection

Improved background checks seems a good vehicle to achieve those ends.

Still not buying the OP, but it is not as wild a conspiracy as one might think at first glance.

The Gov. is always willing to bend some privacy laws behind closed doors if it can be sold as a "pre-crime" anti-terrorist or now mass-shooter tool.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The 'gun show loophole' is a myth.

The only gun show sales that do not require background checks are... private sales.

This is what is considered the loophole.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
And how do you come to those numbers? never by painting in broad strokes with your own opinion right?? Cause that would be foolish... a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Loopholes are the white spaces in the written laws where what is left of our freedom resides.

edit on 9 5 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

[...]

HARPA would employ “breakthrough technologies with high specificity and sensitivity for early diagnosis of neuropsychiatric violence,” including Apple Watches, Amazon Echo and Google Home.

Just by looking at their names is reason for big concern, look:

Apple watches - as in Apple is always watching everyone.
Amazon echo - as in Amazon is echoing every word we utter in some chamber, scary indeed.
Google home - as in Google is in our homes spying and collecting everything it can. What can I say ... ?!

What dangerous times we live in ....!

... As far as the OP, I don't put my trust in any man, politician and what not. Just in God and nobody else.
edit on 6-9-2019 by miri2019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

"The only gun show sales that do not require background checks are... private sales."

This is what is considered the loophole.

And it has nothing to do with gun shows, which is why it is a myth.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It's a very bad idea, it will catch lot's of innocents and let some baddies through.

It's not a gun issue it's a mental health issue, stronger gun laws don't prevent the crazies anyways.

Look at this guy who stormed the Canadian Parliament, Canada has way stronger gun laws and it never stopped him.
Although he ended up shot 31 times... that stopped him.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Exactly. When did making something illegal ever stop people from getting it? This is a very lazy idea. People have not thought it though. Make guns illegal and all you are going to do is create a huge, unregulated black market. Then instead of things like AR-15s, we will see Uzi's and RPGs and god knows what else. They are going to make things a thousand times worse.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join