It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Considering Social Credit Score System to determine Who Can Buy a gun.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: swimmer15

My sister has dwarfisam but the navy needed doctors so bad that they lowered the physical fitness requirements so she could get in.

To be fair though my sister made all a's throughout school and was part of the rotc.
Went right into the military after highschool.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap
I wrote a post about HARPA SAFE HOME project a week ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically, if it gets backing, it's a brand new department of the federal government that will use all of our devices to psychoanalyze each member of the populace.

They say that it will be a volunteer program; and that everyone would be a volunteer. It would both be a red flag waving mechanism, having an algorithm that would send storm troopers to disarm a person based on the possibility of a future crime. It would also be used to determine if you can buy a gun in the first place.

But, if it's voluntary I would imagine that with time those that do not submit to the program will be automatically deemed unfit to own a gun.

Scary Orwellian stuff... but seems like it's inevitable at this point. It's only a matter of time before the right President and the right Congress enacts such a program.

When a lunatic with a Koran attacks us, the left tells us not to blame all Muslims. When a lunatic with a gun attacks us, the left blames all gun owners.

Yes volunteer, as in have you ever read all 20 pages on the user agreement that you click ‘I accept ‘ on your new phone software. No choice but to ‘volunteer ‘.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

There are currently two seperate problems. Legal gun owners who go crazy and start killing people, and people who own illegal guns an kill people as part of gang or criminal activity.

I think that we can all agree that we'd all sleep more soundly if Trump could get some of the illegal guns off of the streets and out of the hands of criminals. No second amendment problems there. Disarm the gangs first.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Can we all agree that people with a history of suicidal behavior andor violence or criminal activity should have their access to guns restricted?

If somebody holds up a grocery store, or beats up on their spouse then they should be made to wait a set period before they can legally own a gun again. Like a form of parol, but withe access to guns.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
(Post moved from deleted thread)

Trusting the same big tech companies that he says he claims interfere with our freedoms to determine if we are eligible to exercise our freedoms?
Makes sense..
Companies, ran by people who think anyone who disagrees with them are racist, will determine if you can get a gun.
Post an american flag pic on your facebook? racist.. no gun.
Share a pepe meme on a message board? Fascist... no gun.

Believe in the 2nd amendment? obviously your a white nationalist.. no gun

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I know most gun owners will disagree but people who consider firearms a toy and play with them should move on to some other "toy".

Making a video while doing this playing tends to prove the point.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

If somebody holds up a grocery store, or beats up on their spouse then they should be made to wait a set period before they can legally own a gun again. Like a form of parol, but withe access to guns.

Or a drunk DUI offender. If you can't responsibly even drive a car, no gun!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

By strange coincidence Facebook wanted to know if I wanted to share a memory from two years ago. The pictures were of a collection that I took and only let Semperfortis have permission to see. No other friends, not open for the world. Just he and I. And all because most of the models are no longer produced and some have been out of production for decades.

Any bets on what would happen if I shared that memory right now?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

These companies are becoming increasingly more invasive.
After fines/penalties, investigations, testimonies under oath, ect., I thought this administration was doing something to protect our privacy.

Seems now, they are at the least complacent and at worst encouraging it.
Scary times.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: Ahabstar

These companies are becoming increasingly more invasive.
After fines/penalties, investigations, testimonies under oath, ect., I thought this administration was doing something to protect our privacy.

Seems now, they are at the least complacent and at worst encouraging it.
Scary times.

Maybe thats what they are trying to accomplish by gaining control or at least access of the information. If these companies agree to terms or agree to allow access its a sort of government control/ inside without a hard law regulating them. The implications would be disastrous imo, these few companies combined would have incredible power. Political opponents would be a thing of the past. World will be a bit nicer if we let these companies die honestly, they already have more power/influence than they should.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

If knowledge is power, Google, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, ect. are already the most powerful forces on the planet.
Should they combine, and we all sign their 'terms of use' who knows what they would be capable of.
They would have more money than god and more influence, too.
Then they just have to start making weapons. Hell, they probably don't need them!

Blackmail and money would make most, if not all politicians bend the knee, when the time is right.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Isn't all of this for nothing if a person can buy a gun without any checks at gun shows or private sales?

IF...IF...this was true.

Of course it's true purpose would not be to limit the sale of guns to terrorists or people with mental health issues.

The plot would be that an Administration could get something like this passed and built. Stronger background checks have bipartisan support and why waste that rarity? Once in place that data plus AI would get a laser focused pulse on every American and those in power could push buttons at will to manipulate the public.

That said? The OP smells like BS.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Isn't all of this for nothing if a person can buy a gun without any checks at gun shows or private sales?

IF...IF...this was true.

Of course it's true purpose would not be to limit the sale of guns to terrorists or people with mental health issues.

The plot would be that an Administration could get something like this passed and built. Stronger background checks have bipartisan support and why waste that rarity? Once in place that data plus AI would get a laser focused pulse on every American and those in power could push buttons at will to manipulate the public.

That said? The OP smells like BS.

Hope your right, but i doubt it. These are global companies with the power to sway very large masses (apple not really but their tech would greatly help the other two). If a foreign government has a heavier influence on them the results would no doubt be disastrous for the US government. Its in the governments interest to get as many hands in them as possible no matter what it is. Its a win for the companies, they go unchecked and continue to spread fingers with some government backing. Just my thoughts.
edit on 5-9-2019 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Well...A more realistic danger?

Apple, Google, FB, Twitter, Instagram et al. collect massive amounts of data and run it through machine learning and AI algorithms to offer "insights". Does person X who follows topic Y vote for Z and buy A?

Apple, Google and Amazon already "listen" via Google home, Amazon Echo and Apple home.

They have explained they only do it to "tune" the devices. They have people who listen and then determine if the device responded appropriately, if not they can give feedback to engineering who tweaks the Machine Learning so that the device can get it right next time.

But for Data Obsessed companies, it's like kids in a candy store...mission creep. What else can we learn from listening?
It might be data they collect for Ad Targeting purposes, but it is the same data that can be used for political purposes.

Identifying a target and knowing what exactly buttons to push, what stories to show them on their feed, tell them who they might want to "follow" in order to nudge them into purchasing something is the same exact strategy and data that can be used to nudge them to vote a certain way or become "outraged" over a certain issue.

What Cambridge Analytica was able to do in 2016 is child's play compared to the available data now and advancements in Machine Learning.

Not just Facebook data...but combined with Amazon Echo data..Google Home data...iPhone Data...location and navigation...IP providers...store purchases/memberships and debit/credit card records? etc. Assign each individual a number and run it through heavy duty machine learning prediction algorithms? They do it every day.

Hackers or one of the many thousands of coders working at these companies can easily access, share or sell the data, that is when the companies themselves aren't selling or giving away the data for advertising purposes.

Combine all the data with modern computing power and advancements in AI? They can tell you what you had for breakfast right down to the brand of cereal you are eating and when and where you bought it. Literally. They can tell you that the car you drive and where you work is a predictor of how you will vote. They know what issues are important to you and can tailor news, messaging etc to mobilize you, make you angry, change your mind etc. "They" is not accurate, computers and Machine learning algorithms actually push the buttons, millions at a time, over and over.

Data privacy is the biggest threat to the USA right now. You might say, "I don't use Amazon Echo or go on FB or Instagram or Snapchat!, I don't use navigation! I pay in cash! etc. etc. I am safe!" but when 99% of the country DOES live on google and social media and uses technology daily, your country is at the mercy of those that posses the data. Believe me, YOU have a number assigned and their are thousands of data points associated with it and Machine Learning algorithms examining correlations at the speed of light and comparing you to similar profiles building code to predict what they need to tell you or show you to get you to do what they want.

They call it "ad targeting"..I call it terrifying. It is strange to me that Cambridge Analytica in 2016 looks like child's play in just a few short years. It isn't the Russians that are a threat now, it is anyone that can get their hands on a sufficient amount of data.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

If knowledge is power, Google, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, ect. are already the most powerful forces on the planet.
Should they combine, and we all sign their 'terms of use' who knows what they would be capable of.
They would have more money than god and more influence, too.
Then they just have to start making weapons. Hell, they probably don't need them!

Blackmail and money would make most, if not all politicians bend the knee, when the time is right.

They employ thousands of Data Analysts/Scientists/Engineers that have full access to the data. It only takes one to sell it for a payday. That assumes that the data is not vulnerable to hackers, which it is.

It needs to be cut-off at the collection point. Congress barely knows what the internet is, but they need to catch up fast and pass laws around data collection.

One of Trump's first moves was to:
Trump Signs Measure to Let ISPs Sell Your Data Without Consent
www.nbcnews.com...

Which no one talks about, but was HUGE. That means your actual internet provider can track everything you do with an internet connection and sell that data without your consent.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Unreal.
To think, that the gov't that is supposed to protect us, is allowing, and seemingly encouraging this to happen..
All the while this administration has been wagging the dog, claiming to be fighting this sort of thing.
Or maybe they only care when it hurts them.. SMH

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Well, you can talk about anything you want and enacting any system you want, but I'm not entirely certain that would pass any kind of Constitutional muster once it's going through the court system.

Could just be Trump Trollin'

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Let me just go on record as saying, whatever the government, aided by the quite possibly misinterpreted data provided by Big Tech decides, I completely agree with. We should trust their decisions with all our hearts. Personally, I wouldn't ever harm anyone, unless my government told me to.

(How was that? Did I pass?!)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Still pushing this? The 'gun show loophole' is a myth.

The only gun show sales that do not require background checks are... private sales.

All others, require the seller to have an FFL, and the buyer to go through a background check.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Fake news...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join