It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Considering Social Credit Score System to determine Who Can Buy a gun.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

You don’t outside of “gut feeling”. As a private sale of private property you are not responsible for what happens outside your possession. But as the purchaser, you also have no recourse if the gun doesn’t function by say the lack of a firing pin or mismatched magazines.

And the ever popular worry, the gun you are buying was used in a murder or crime. No paper trail means you can’t really prove when you purchased. Receiving stolen property is also another worry for the buyer.

In my particular case, it was in the original cardboard box along with the original receipt. Only one other time have I purchased a used gun that had all that and the original factory test fire round included. New guns rarely come with the test round anymore.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: funbobby
You don’t outside of “gut feeling”. As a private sale of private property you are not responsible for what happens outside your possession.

The court system tries to blame the bartender for serving Susie the drinks that caused her to drive over a cliff.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

" But as the purchaser, you also have no recourse if the gun doesn’t function by say the lack of a firing pin or mismatched magazines."

You could sue someone if they misrepresented the condition of the item, just like any other second hand item. Intentionally misrepresenting something is fraud. Most of those concerns apply to any used or second hand item bought on the private market.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But never ever the guy who sold that boozebag a car.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The Daily Caller has an article about it.

“THe Trump administration is considering a proposal that would use Google, Amazon and Apple to collect data on users who exhibit characteristics of mental illness that could lead to violent behavior, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

The proposal is part of an initiative to create a Health Advanced Research Projects Agency (HARPA), which would be located inside the Health and Human Services Department, the report notes, citing sources inside the administration. The new agency would have a separate budget and the president would be responsible for appointing its director.”

The Daily Caller

There’s also the Aug 22 Washington Post report-

“The concept was advanced by the Suzanne Wright Foundation and first discussed by officials on the Domestic Policy Council and senior White House staffers in June 2017. But the idea has gained momentum in the wake of the latest mass shootings that killed 31 people in one weekend in El Paso and Dayton, Ohio.

The Suzanne Wright Foundation re-approached the administration last week and proposed that HARPA include a “Safe Home” — “Stopping Aberrant Fatal Events by Helping Overcome Mental Extremes” — project. Officials discussed the proposal at the White House last week, said two people familiar with the discussions. These people and others spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the conversations.”

washington post

It’s getting weird...

edit on 4-9-2019 by raedar because: Typo

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

"The mass shootings of late seem to be more similar to those terrorist attacks than they do the inner city violence that has been around since I can remember... "

Wrong again, if you consulted your list of mass shootings you would see that all the recent ones in fact took place in inner cities and were what are commonly known as "drive by shootings"

But you were talking about the ones on the news huh? The ones that involved white people and legal guns?

Why does the news never cover the day to day mass shootings with illegal guns and black people?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Listening to a proposal =/= considering. You can not consider anything until you look into it and see what "it" is. I think one of the best qualities Trump has is his willingness to listen to every possible idea and wants out of the box thinking.

I will not be happy though if he does anything of this sort.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

All very true; I agree 100%.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ok, an update and addendum for the sensational article that I posted in the OP.
Just watched "todays broadcast"
Very informative.
From the horses mouth:

pretty scary future regardless of where you stand politically

edit on 4-9-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is just a natural extension of Big Brother. It just a matter of time. Maybe not next year but social media data is going to be meaningful. People, in general, are too lazy to stop it.

Why do you think FB was pushed as such a big deal. Because Big Brother is inside.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
I really want to give this post a star, but I know I'm going to want to buy a new hunting rifle one day, so ...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: roadgravel
I really want to give this post a star, but I know I'm going to want to buy a new hunting rifle one day, so ...

That's cool.

At least you know it is coming some day, because it can be done.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: LSU2018

It's equivalent to legalizing weed when we already have enough problems with irresponsible people drinking and driving.

Lol, just, lol. What you are thinking of as a potential problem could instead be used as a solution of the latter problem you described. My guess is that if you ever tried it it was not very good. If you have never even experienced it then you do not have any call to attempt to judge it. As a sufferer of a TBI and PTSD (not military related) smot saved my life and allowed me to exist in society. Never once did it impair my ability to drive, work, or have any of the negative side effects that the big pharma pills did (those did impair my ability to work and drive.)

God gave us mj/hemp naturally alcohol needs to be created. There is a difference
edit on 4-9-2019 by CrazyFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So, I take it that the lower your social credit score, the more interesting of a person you are. You will not automatically believe the lies thrown at us. People who visit sites like this and bash the president....they will never be allowed to own a gun. People who bash congressmen....well, it depends...is the congressman a trouble maker. If you back a chaotic politician than you will have a lower score. If the politician is found to be corrupt, their goes your reputation.

Best to stay out of politics and start discussing UFOs. I do not have an alexa or hey google. I like to research things on my own instead of listening to the opinion of the person programing that technology. I do not need alexa to turn off my lights or adjust my heat, I can get up and do things myself.

Oh well, criticizing these big technology businesses is not doing my social score any good, I like to talk to people in person, not just discuss things online. I have never done a text message on a phone and hopefully never will need to do it. I do use messengers and E-mail sometimes but prefer to talk to people on the phone.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I wrote a post about HARPA SAFE HOME project a week ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically, if it gets backing, it's a brand new department of the federal government that will use all of our devices to psychoanalyze each member of the populace.

They say that it will be a volunteer program; and that everyone would be a volunteer. It would both be a red flag waving mechanism, having an algorithm that would send storm troopers to disarm a person based on the possibility of a future crime. It would also be used to determine if you can buy a gun in the first place.

But, if it's voluntary I would imagine that with time those that do not submit to the program will be automatically deemed unfit to own a gun.

Scary Orwellian stuff... but seems like it's inevitable at this point. It's only a matter of time before the right President and the right Congress enacts such a program.

When a lunatic with a Koran attacks us, the left tells us not to blame all Muslims. When a lunatic with a gun attacks us, the left blames all gun owners.
edit on 4-9-2019 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Most of the gun arguments are so off-base, because 95% of shootings by handguns. Just change the law so that anyone over age 12 who shoots someone with a handgun, gets a mandatory minimum 5 year prison sentence.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I don't believe this will ever happen. Never. Not in america.

The potus that does anything like this will get voted out.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Donald Trump needs to get a grip.

If he follows though, this is a deal-breaker. This ain't his movement; he is just a champion that was chosen. He can be replaced, with someone even less 'couth' if need be. I don't even like the idea of him considering this crazy proposal.

Trump has done great on the economy. Trump is doing great on immigration. Trump is making progress in international relations. But he needs to keep his filthy paws off my guns.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jademegjosh

it's the Americans constitutional rights to buy one. This is the excuse they come out with every time

That's not an excuse it's our law.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You can't train a boy into a soldier without discipline and a mean attitude.

Agreed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join