It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Considering Social Credit Score System to determine Who Can Buy a gun.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: swimmer15

originally posted by: JAGStorm

a reply to: JAGStorm

Sounds like the military of yesteryear has been replaced by the DNC. They get all of society's rejects now.

How many years ago was your dad a drill sergeant?

40+ years ago. Trust me, they got rejects way back then too. I vividly remember
him telling me about all the young men that were mentally ill too. It seemed like they would just let anyone in.
Now I think there might actually be stricter standards.

11 year vet here.. it goes in phases depending on manpower needs (which they manage very poorly) at times when manpower is close to optimal or they are looking to cut they tighten requirements real tight. This is done by way of waivers/ quotas. I have seen times where they offer no waivers for anything, and others where i have seen people come in handicap. I went through A school with a guy who had a muscle condition that made him a bobble head (idk the condition but he couldn't control it) he had to get a waiver for that. On the flip side i have seen a competitive HS wrestler multi sport athlete passed ASVAB denied because a heart murmur even though the doc who followed him his entire involvement in HS sports drafted a letter saying it was not an issue. When they are short people (usually at different times and different services) depending on manpower they give waivers for many things they dont usually. Only one you don't see vary much is Coast Guard and AF, its my understanding they stick pretty hard to standards and offer few waivers as they tend to not get into as many general manning issues. Air force because the tech nature of the job, and coastguard they just don't have the equipment for the manning.

I tried joining the Air Force in Dec 2006 but was denied because I was turning 28 in Jan 2007 and wouldn't have been done with Basic Training by then. We were still in the middle of a war so yeah, they definitely stuck to their limits.

I had the same experience in 2004-2005. Every branch except Army wouldn't give me a waiver for practically imperceptible hearing loss and was told that they were so glutted with recruits that nobody was getting a waiver at that time and that sorry that's just the luck of the draw kid.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Social Credit Score to buy guns...Do have any idea how many likes you can get actually blowing up an abortion clinic or beating a guy in a MAGA hat with a bike lock?

Those are not the metrics I want used to determine who can and cannot buy a firearm.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Ya, in the meantime anyone not connected to the online social media is gonna be suspicious since they are such oddballs.
Maybe that is what their goal is, kind of like our credit score, you dont have a good credit score unless you use credit and run some debts.. sorry but it you want to buy that gun you are gonna have to tap into the internet and get connected to the rest of the online community.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I don't know how it is today, but when I was in basic training around 2011 they still hit us on occasion and screamed at us to 'shut your cock garage, ain't no one gonna park # in there'

It just depended on the DS, some were meaner than others.

You are correct, it is necessary in training. In my opinion.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
And in between them screeching about Trump they will show ads for Google, Facebook and Amazon.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

just out of curiosity, have you ever been to a gun show, and attempted to buy a gun of any sort without a check??

Can't be done. I've bought guns at shows, and guess what, I had a background check run each time. Every time.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

If you have windows in your home any one of them can be used as a remote listening device. In fact the device to do that is easy to make DIY.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Its usually less than 300 people, and that is for rifles of all types including all semi auto "assault" rifles that iincludes both mass and non mass shootings. Far less than the number of people murdered without any weapons at all, around 700 people in America are murdered by unarmed people using their hands and feet. Should we ban hands and feet?

" the designation of a mass shooting is. It's one or more people in agreement with each other making a plan to go out and shoot a large number of people. "

That is neither the "designation" or any definition for the term "mass shooting". That is not anyone's definition. To really prevent mass shootings we should encourage as many people as possible to legally conceal carry in as many places as possible.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

It's a nightmare when you try to fly, I was searched 4 different times on one trip! WTF, did they think the first three people to search me failed?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Theres probably been more killed in chicago in a couple of years than was killed by terrorist on 911 and since.. but we've made a big deal out of the terrorist threat posed by Islamic groups. That's where we ended up with the idea of radiating everyone getting on a plane was a good idea came from.
The mass shootings of late seem to be more similar to those terrorist attacks than they do the inner city violence that has been around since I can remember...

I didn't see a problem stopping air travel from terrorist rich countries or keeping a close eye on islamists from those areas. Why pile on more chances when we have enough problems with our own citizens? It's equivalent to legalizing weed when we already have enough problems with irresponsible people drinking and driving.

But this is about gun control and nobody cares to mention inner city gun violence because it's business as usual. We can only be negative when whitey pulls the trigger because he's the loony mental one, not all the blacks in inner cities who pull the trigger. That dude is off limits and being himself, living his culture. Am I close?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I have made a person to person transaction at gun show before. We showed each other our Ohio Driver’s License to verify both age and Ohio residency which was completely legal transaction. Firearm was a Henry made AR 7, which for the uninformed is a .22LR with two 8 round magazines. Whole gun disassembled fits inside the shoulder stock. Was designed as a survival gun for pilots that had to eject meant to hunt rabbits and squirrels while walking back towards friendly territory. Despite the scary letters of AR, a rather benign rifle with diminishing accuracy over all but short ranges. But fits in a backpack if you needed to bug out.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

If he tries it I will rail against it. I see infowars as your source. Interesting. I guess infowars is reliable when it's anti Trump.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I like that, actually.

It may be that that was just Washington state...? Does Ohio allow for bordering state resident purchase? Washington does, or did, that may have changed with that idiocy that was passed last election cycle. I'm becoming ever more glad I've moved to the deep south.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So, all this will do is generate a vibrant underground industry which (for the low price of $99.99) develops a profile for you which is sparklingly clean and impressive. A thousand Instagram followers, each one a church going pillar of virtue and all of them claiming you are the bees knees.

Oooh... I just had a great idea for a fine money making scheme for the 21st Century.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: swimmer15

originally posted by: JAGStorm

a reply to: JAGStorm

Sounds like the military of yesteryear has been replaced by the DNC. They get all of society's rejects now.

How many years ago was your dad a drill sergeant?

40+ years ago. Trust me, they got rejects way back then too. I vividly remember
him telling me about all the young men that were mentally ill too. It seemed like they would just let anyone in.
Now I think there might actually be stricter standards.

11 year vet here.. it goes in phases depending on manpower needs (which they manage very poorly) at times when manpower is close to optimal or they are looking to cut they tighten requirements real tight. This is done by way of waivers/ quotas. I have seen times where they offer no waivers for anything, and others where i have seen people come in handicap. I went through A school with a guy who had a muscle condition that made him a bobble head (idk the condition but he couldn't control it) he had to get a waiver for that. On the flip side i have seen a competitive HS wrestler multi sport athlete passed ASVAB denied because a heart murmur even though the doc who followed him his entire involvement in HS sports drafted a letter saying it was not an issue. When they are short people (usually at different times and different services) depending on manpower they give waivers for many things they dont usually. Only one you don't see vary much is Coast Guard and AF, its my understanding they stick pretty hard to standards and offer few waivers as they tend to not get into as many general manning issues. Air force because the tech nature of the job, and coastguard they just don't have the equipment for the manning.

I tried joining the Air Force in Dec 2006 but was denied because I was turning 28 in Jan 2007 and wouldn't have been done with Basic Training by then. We were still in the middle of a war so yeah, they definitely stuck to their limits.

I had the same experience in 2004-2005. Every branch except Army wouldn't give me a waiver for practically imperceptible hearing loss and was told that they were so glutted with recruits that nobody was getting a waiver at that time and that sorry that's just the luck of the draw kid.

I could have gone in the Army but they wouldn't guarantee me special training before my first tour so I decided not to go. I really wanted to be in the Air Force like my dad and grandfather. Probably best for the both of us that we weren't qualified...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Ya, in the meantime anyone not connected to the online social media is gonna be suspicious since they are such oddballs.
Maybe that is what their goal is, kind of like our credit score, you dont have a good credit score unless you use credit and run some debts.. sorry but it you want to buy that gun you are gonna have to tap into the internet and get connected to the rest of the online community.

Yeah it's a stupid idea. The whole Social Credit Score thing is idiotic. I use facebook for messenger to talk to my fam on a daily basis and that's all. I probably have about 30 shared tweets on my Twitter and it's all LSU football related, and I'm not connected to anything else. My DISH remote have voice bio on it which is now "Google Assistant" so I guess they'll find out that I watch Back to the Future a lot and movies/series related to knights, the 80's, or aliens.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

That's good, I can't remember where or when I saw that but it was disheartening. Hopefully it was exaggerated. They definitely need the mean drill sergeant who isn't going to cave to their feelings.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Like clockwork...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Trump will probably change his mind in a few days.

If not, this will be fun to watch.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Infowars is the source.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join