It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Considering Social Credit Score System to determine Who Can Buy a gun.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

To be fair it is a group of people who volunteered to slaughter strangers for minimum wage.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

you have a smart phone though right? A microwave oven?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

What percent of gun criminals do you imagine bought their guns at gun shows?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

To be fair the premise of this article is totally fabricated and not something that is actually happening.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Neither does some of the crazy people wearing their tin foil hats who believe the govt is using basis household appliances and computers, TVs, to control their thoughts.
They'd get the same score probably as the live and let live, just enjoying the simple things in life hunter, but might be paranoid schizophrenics one step away from going off.
It's easy to destroy someone's reputation via the internet social media, or boost it up.
A social credit score is not gonna be as accurate as a in depth background check and just might be the most inaccurate score you could use.
Could monitoring forums like ATS and places like facebook possibly help point out people who should be looked at more carefully. But in the end, Facebook account are left abandoned and can be hijacked and people can lie about each other if they see and advantage to doing so or feel like revenge in called for.
We already have to endure being radiated at airports, cameras are all over the place, kids have to carry their belongings in clear bags to schools that we want to make more like prisons that they already are. They could ban the sale of the ak whatever and the cartridges that enable people to unload so many bullets so quickly. They could stiffen the background checks for those who want to purchase them, they could tone down their own political rhetoric that is playing a role in getting people into a frenzy. What they dont need to do is worry about that small grocery list I texted to my sons looking for one who is willing to swing by the store and pick it up for me. They dont need to know that my son is working late. Or any of the other piddly arse boring day to day details of my life. Our right to privacy, our right not to live in a police state with armed men on every corner are also given by the constitution. They aren't to be infringed on any more than your right to own a gun! Just how many rights do you thing the population should be willing to give up just so you dont have to go through a background check or have a few limitations on just what weapons you can legally own?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: JAGStorm

a reply to: JAGStorm

Sounds like the military of yesteryear has been replaced by the DNC. They get all of society's rejects now.

How many years ago was your dad a drill sergeant?

40+ years ago. Trust me, they got rejects way back then too. I vividly remember
him telling me about all the young men that were mentally ill too. It seemed like they would just let anyone in.
Now I think there might actually be stricter standards.

I didn't know women were allowed to be soldiers back then. Your dad would probably get kicked out these days. The way I understand it, the drill sergeants aren't even allowed to talk "mean" to privates anymore which is a complete and utter joke. You can't train a boy into a soldier without discipline and a mean attitude. When my uncle joined the Marines in the 60's, he chuckled at the guy next to him for being scared and farting. The drill sergeant walked up to him and punched him in the gut, it put him on his knees. That DS would face a court martial and prison time if he did that these days. I don't think they can even cuss at people anymore.

I watched full metal jacket with my dad. I asked him if the drill sergeants were that bad... he said worse.. much worse. Lots of suicides, lots of drug use.
Women troops started in the early 70's, maybe a few before then.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

But what about the majority of mass shootings that are committed by Democrats and leftists?

AR's and AKs are ideal for home or personal defense. Also good for hunting and pest control.

How much did the gun homicide rate drop in MA after ARs and AKs were banned?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It doesn't matter what Trump does, the fake news will make up fake news about it and the TDS set will swallow it up no matter how absurd.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Signing up for this site instantly lowers your score to zero

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jademegjosh

Not anyone can go into a store and buy a gun. Federal law requires that all gun stores perform background checks on all buyers before selling them a gun. So you think the gun problem in America has something to do with rifles? How many people are killed with rifles of all types in a typical year in America?
Can you cite where you claim that "ach year America has more and more mass shootings." comes from?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Sounds like the military of yesteryear has been replaced by the DNC. They get all of society's rejects now.

him telling me about all the young men that were mentally ill too. It seemed like they would just let anyone in.

11 year vet here.. it goes in phases depending on manpower needs (which they manage very poorly) at times when manpower is close to optimal or they are looking to cut they tighten requirements real tight. This is done by way of waivers/ quotas. I have seen times where they offer no waivers for anything, and others where i have seen people come in handicap. I went through A school with a guy who had a muscle condition that made him a bobble head (idk the condition but he couldn't control it) he had to get a waiver for that. On the flip side i have seen a competitive HS wrestler multi sport athlete passed ASVAB denied because a heart murmur even though the doc who followed him his entire involvement in HS sports drafted a letter saying it was not an issue. When they are short people (usually at different times and different services) depending on manpower they give waivers for many things they dont usually. Only one you don't see vary much is Coast Guard and AF, its my understanding they stick pretty hard to standards and offer few waivers as they tend to not get into as many general manning issues. Air force because the tech nature of the job, and coastguard they just don't have the equipment for the manning.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby
a reply to: Chance321

you have a smart phone though right? A microwave oven?

LOL. Actually don't have a smart phone, though I do have a flip phone that I hardly ever turn on. And I do have a microwave but not a new one.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

I dont know, why dont you tell me, but let's first clear up what the designation of a mass shooting is. It's one or more people in agreement with each other making a plan to go out and shoot a large number of people. It is not 10 or more criminal hoodlums acting independently going out and shooting someone each with a separate reason for doing so. One Republican"s suggestion as to how to address the recent outbreaks of mass shooting was to have an automatic death sentence... well, that might serve as a deterrance when it comes to the criminal hoodlums in chicago but it gonna do squat with these mass shooters since very few of them are willing to be taking out alive. They want to go out in a blaze of glory, taking with them as many as they can. You'd be better off telling them that we are gonna shoot you with a fast action tranquilizer and your gonna end up waking up in a jail cell you are gonna be living in the rest of your miserable lives, which, by the way, we are gonna do our best to make more miserable than it was before you decided to go on your shooting spree. We are gonna take away you computer games and internet connection!!

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

Signing up for this site instantly lowers your score to zero

Not to mention its gets you added to those wonderful watch lists we always hear about... haha

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Even, that, since we all know our posts are being looked at and could be using it to portray an image of ourselves we want them to believe, just how accurate is the intelligence collected?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Will any gun control work?

Nope.

Citation: See how quickly you can find someone who was convicted of armed criminal activity, with a felony...

Who was later arrested, in possession of a firearm again.

In the United States, that number is both staggering AND not surprising.

Criminals WILL and DO get guns. Controlling the legal transaction of guns will NEVER change this.

Convicted felons of violent crimes, are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO GET FIREARMS UNDER CURRENT LAWS.

What do they do???
THEY GET GUNS ANYWAY.

The war on guns is nearly the same as the war on drugs in that regard.
It's not a war, it's beating back the ocean with a paddle.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jademegjosh
I'm sorry but the Trump Administration should do more than just consider, they need to come up with something better to stop this gun issue they have in America. Each year America has more and more mass shootings. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that you can go into a store and buy any gun you like such as semi automatic rifles and other insane military weapons. Why the # do you need to buy weapons like that is beyond me but wait a minute, it's the Americans constitutional rights to buy one. This is the excuse they come out with every time. Sorry guys but to many Americans are to trigger happy.

Each weekend in Chicago compiles more dead bodies from gunshots than the mass shootings. The media never cares to talk about it though. Maybe the democrats don't really care about blacks killing each other since the one pulling the trigger isn't white. Until the left can focus on the real problems and not just the small handful of whities behind that trigger, I can't take this "gun violence urgency" serious.

For the entire 21st Century, there have been a total of 488 people killed in mass shootings. That number is lower than every single year, this century, for the number of shooting deaths in Chicago.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I didn't know women were allowed to be soldiers back then. Your dad would probably get kicked out these days. The way I understand it, the drill sergeants aren't even allowed to talk "mean" to privates anymore which is a complete and utter joke. You can't train a boy into a soldier without discipline and a mean attitude. When my uncle joined the Marines in the 60's, he chuckled at the guy next to him for being scared and farting. The drill sergeant walked up to him and punched him in the gut, it put him on his knees. That DS would face a court martial and prison time if he did that these days. I don't think they can even cuss at people anymore.

I watched full metal jacket with my dad. I asked him if the drill sergeants were that bad... he said worse.. much worse. Lots of suicides, lots of drug use.
Women troops started in the early 70's, maybe a few before then.

That's how they trained our boys to be killers. When you're going into battle, you can't go in with the fear of dying. FMJ is one of my favorite movies, along with Platoon and Hamburger Hill. Apocalypse Now is good, but, very very strange.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: swimmer15

11 year vet here.. it goes in phases depending on manpower needs (which they manage very poorly) at times when manpower is close to optimal or they are looking to cut they tighten requirements real tight. This is done by way of waivers/ quotas. I have seen times where they offer no waivers for anything, and others where i have seen people come in handicap. I went through A school with a guy who had a muscle condition that made him a bobble head (idk the condition but he couldn't control it) he had to get a waiver for that. On the flip side i have seen a competitive HS wrestler multi sport athlete passed ASVAB denied because a heart murmur even though the doc who followed him his entire involvement in HS sports drafted a letter saying it was not an issue. When they are short people (usually at different times and different services) depending on manpower they give waivers for many things they dont usually. Only one you don't see vary much is Coast Guard and AF, its my understanding they stick pretty hard to standards and offer few waivers as they tend to not get into as many general manning issues. Air force because the tech nature of the job, and coastguard they just don't have the equipment for the manning.

I tried joining the Air Force in Dec 2006 but was denied because I was turning 28 in Jan 2007 and wouldn't have been done with Basic Training by then. We were still in the middle of a war so yeah, they definitely stuck to their limits.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Theres probably been more killed in chicago in a couple of years than was killed by terrorist on 911 and since.. but we've made a big deal out of the terrorist threat posed by Islamic groups. That's where we ended up with the idea of radiating everyone getting on a plane was a good idea came from.
The mass shootings of late seem to be more similar to those terrorist attacks than they do the inner city violence that has been around since I can remember...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join