It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facial Recognition in high school to stop shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
At least that is what they want you to believe.
Here is what they say it will do.
There are cameras that identify students, they also can identify guns, and alert the police and initiate a lock-down.
The schools are saying the police notification will help with the casualty rate. Do we really believe that?
How long does it take for the police to get to a school. How long does it take a student to do something?

We are looking for answers in all the wrong places....

All this is doing is introducing a new generation of people to less liberties.....

www.forbes.com...

In February 2018, Nikolas Cruz killed seventeen people in a six-minute shooting spree at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Now, the Lockport City School District in New York is set to become the first public schools in the U.S. to power up facial recognition designed to detect this kind of threat.

edit on 4-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Problem reaction solution. Just like 9/11 and body scanners right afterwards.
edit on 4-9-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
Problem reaction solution. Just like 9/11 and body scanners right afterwards.

We must think of the children...of the corn..

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Obviously gun laws work, so why not just ban children from purchasing firearms?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Keep your kids safe.

Homeschool.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This system will be used to automatically hand out disciplinary action to students making finger guns

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
total surveillance is now virtually normalized and must be accepted, regardless of the location or the reasons postulated for it's necessity. it is A GOOD THING. to disagree is to raise suspicions of something or other.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Obviously gun laws work, so why not just ban children from purchasing firearms?

And holding the children's parents responsible when they take guns out of the house.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Back when I was a kid you could go years without hearing of a mass shooting. And when there was one it was the talk for a very long time, it was so shocking and unheard of.

Now, last night on the news they showed that just this year-to-date there have been 289 mass shootings in the US. More than one a day. They don't even get a turn of a head or a blink of an eye anymore they are so common.

12 minute mark. They have a part about high tech schools now being made to help prevent mass shootings.

I'm glad my kids are graduated. But I would not want them, if I had any new ones to be subjected to the violent society that we live in now.

No way people can deny we are living in the last days of Bible prophecy. Sure people still do. And things will continue to get worse, and everyone will suddenly have to be shaken awake to the fact that this is it. Most people will only be shaken awake when it is too late for them. Born like unreasoning animals only to be lead to the slaughter.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Crazy.

Most schools are run like prisons, now they are starting to look like a Supermax Prison!

What's next... full-body scanners, orange suits, kids chained together?

edit on 4-9-2019 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Will the Pop Tart mode be enabled?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My HS had shooting range inside of it. We had for-credit classes on marksmanship. People carrying a rifle down the hall was a common sight.

Nobody ever shot up the school. There were no mass shootings.

What changed?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I lettered three times for Rifle. My school still has a team.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Until dumb Americans figure out less guns equals less gun violence other fixes have to be tried.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
My HS had shooting range inside of it. We had for-credit classes on marksmanship. People carrying a rifle down the hall was a common sight.

What changed?

Where/when I grew up guns were part of daily life. Everyone had them and had many guns. Gun cabinets, guns resting against the wall. I don't remember a single shooting.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
Until dumb Americans figure out less guns equals less gun violence other fixes have to be tried.

Less guns may equal less gun violence, but it certainty doesn't equal less violence.
Just look up UK stabbing stats...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

nothing changed, shootings have always happened and were worse in the past, the only thing that changed was technology making information much easier to share and the media also didn't used to have free reign in how to report things.
so after they no longer needed to care about balanced and fair reporting when bush senior and clinton changed the laws regarding balanced reporting and the laws on government propaganda, they slowly shifted left until the 2010's when they suddenly shifted hard left and it won't stop until they get their way or they get restricted again by the fcc.

propaganda went from federal control to corporate control, so foreign entities now have a way in to influence the America public. regardless of their agenda.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

It was a common occurrence for us to bring our hunting rifles to school, and going hunting right after school. Nobody ever raised a brow to us in the parking lot showing off a new scope. But I believe the answer lies within the question. My wife worked in a gun store in South Carolina, the store across the street, and down the road, both had been robbed, apparently Noone was dumb enough to rob a gun store which catered mostly to law enforcement. When threatened with immenite danger or death, most people shy away from violence. At least in my experience.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

One wonders how many school shootings they have had and how many of their children fail to graduate and where their money might be better spent.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

What changed?

In my view, what changed was several unacknowledged special access program within the CIA/NSA leading us into what we are seeing today. Much lesser operations like Fast and Furious was exposed and no one punished. Getting the guns first is the goal, then the real ugliness can begin. Making America weaker by the day seems to be one of the desired effects leading to destabilization and more losses of freedoms until none remain.
America's peoples become weaker automatically as more good people give up their guns or lose them because of infringements.
edit on 4-9-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join