It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud 'boom' reported across Central New York was probably a fireball entering Earth's atmosphere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

People living in Central New York who reported hearing a loud, fearful boom on Monday night can rest relatively easily -- it was likely just a fiery rock from the far flung reaches of outer space.

The American Meteor Society said on Tuesday that witness reports of a "boom," which was accompanied by a bright streak of light across the sky, was likely a large fireball entering the Earth's atmosphere over Lake Ontario.

"I was standing in the driveway facing North when the burning object passed above the trees from east to west," one witness said. "It lasted a second or so and had a trail behind it. A few minutes later, I heard a very loud boom."

Loud 'boom' reported across Central New York was probably a fireball entering Earth's atmosphere

This is the first I have seen about a loud boom Monday night in New York. Sure sounds like a fireball. Guess it could of been a UFO crashing. Did anyone in NY hear or hear about this?

edit on 3-9-2019 by LookingAtMars because: add link

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I remember seeing one as a kid. Walking at around midnight (breaking curfew) on a hot summer night with my older brothers down the street, we hear this boom noise and the world around us lights up as bright as day for a moment. Look up to see what caused the noise and a flaming fireball was zooming by at supersonic speed in the atmosphere breaking up. It was so bright you could see the green in the trees and the grass like it was midday for a split second.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ExpectingChange

Very cool!

I have seen a few like that but never heard a boom.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
A meteor entering the atmosphere and breaking the sound barrier.
One will see it long before they hear it (depending on the distance)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
A friend of mine lives near there and he said they heard a loud boom and felt the shock wave from it but he didn't know what it was at the time.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I'm here in a little town of Clark Mills NY and didn't hear or see anything. Happened further west of my location.

top topics

join