It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Folks Bernie Won't Wipe Out Your Credit Card Debt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well, I thought I should let the Bernie Sander supporters know, that if you were hoping Bernie would eliminate your credit card debt, you're going to be disappointed.

“I don’t believe we wipe out credit card debt. You want to buy something, you pay for it,” he noted. ”If you want to go out and buy a fancy house, you want to go out and buy a yacht, and you go in debt, hey that’s your decision.”

LINK

Well, at least Bernie won't have you pay for college at public colleges and universities. He'll also ERASE the country’s $1.6 trillion outstanding student debt. Ain't that grand? Don't forget he also wants FREE college and healthcare for ILLEGAL immigrants and wants FREE health coverage for ALL Americans under his Medicare for All Act. You got medical bills? No worries there too, because Bernie wants to WIPE OUT unpaid medical debt. Lets not forget climate change, because Bernie also supports investing trillions for the Green New Deal. Worried how all this will be paid for? Don't worry, Bernie has a plan. He wants Wall Street, wealthy CEOs and the rich, to cover for all of this FREE stuff. After all, he says "corporate America is destroying the fabric of our nation" and he's going to make them pay! Seems like a sensible, well thought out plan, huh?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

How can the rich not have an extra $100 trillion laying around?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

He has a plan!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

dear Bernie,

You are a miserable communist ass. How are we going to be able to afford nice homes and boats if you are raising my taxes?

GFY.

Sincerely,

DBC

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Once again a conservative pretending people believe something no one believes...

I have literally never heard ANYONE claim Bernie was gonna nullify credit card debt...

Just like no one in authority wants to ban and confiscate all the guns..

No one wants abortion until the last monrh..

No one wants rapists and murderers from other countries..

I would likely pass out if I just one time saw a conservative on ATS actually debating a proposed policy, rather than some laughable slippery slope argument that everyone already agrees is a bad idea..

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Simple, you can get a free brain surgeon degree and make the money to buy a nice home and boat.
Bernie

link   

So you borrow money and are expected to pay it back.....
Unless it's a college loan...

link   
So if you buy a yacht and go into debt, he wont forgive the debt. Ok, I am totally on board with that. But then why when someone pays an exorbitant sum to go to certain schools, ignoring the more cost effective option of community or online schools, and then proceeds to take basket weaving as a major, why are we on the hook then? We have to pay for their bad choices?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How can conservatives keep debating things literally no one has proposed..

It is almost like y’all know you will lose the argument, so instead you logical fallacy a slippery slope argument..

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Does anyone have any proof of a “cancel all the credit card debt” movement in th Democrat party?!?!

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Bernie seems to barely be able to wipe his own ass, how in the hell is he going to wipe out anything related to Americans' debts without making a real mess of everything?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I’m pretty sure Bernie has only actually been pushing free COMMUNITY college and all the rest of it is slippery slope nonsense from conservatives

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Also you can bankruptcy a yacht.. you cannot bankruptcy a student loan because it is federally insured.

Since the federal government is insuring the money, they have the right to forgive pieces of it..

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Lumenari

Does anyone have any proof of a “cancel all the credit card debt” movement in th Democrat party?!?!

www.foxnews.com...

No candidate, including Sanders, has floated such a fanciful idea as wiping out credit card debt. But Sanders' comments rejecting such a scenario are noteworthy, considering his sweeping campaign platforms have stirred a broader debate over where to draw the line between personal and collective responsibility when it comes to finances.

Seems to me they've identified Bernie as a whore, now they're simply haggling over the price.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
My question is, who is going to pay for all this debt forgiveness??

Someone will. Either through higher taxes, or through higher prices for services and/or products...

So, Bernie, howzabout it...? Who's payin' for it??

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I’m pretty sure Bernie has only actually been pushing free COMMUNITY college and all the rest of it is slippery slope nonsense from conservatives

Hope you didn't bet your tattoo fund on that one...
www.sanders.senate.gov...

Eliminate Undergraduate Tuition at 4-year Public Colleges and Universities. This legislation
would provide $47 billion per year to states to eliminate undergraduate tuition and fees at public
colleges and universities.

That's straight from the horse's mouth and it covers a LOT more than community colleges.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Also you can bankruptcy a yacht.. you cannot bankruptcy a student loan because it is federally insured.

Since the federal government is insuring the money, they have the right to forgive pieces of it..

I get that, but why should they? Again, the tax payers will pick up the tab. Why should I, and you, be forced to pay for someone that went to a high priced school and picked a sh*t major, therefore cannot pay back the loans? do they not bear any responsibility for the choices?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Old Bern is just trying to garner more support , in hopes the DNC will offer more money , houses , etc. for him to kneel down and kiss the feet of some other Dem nominee .
Possibly Ol Joe...
Be my guess.

From a one time Sanders supporter , until I realized what he was all about.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Once again a conservative pretending people believe something no one believes...

I have literally never heard ANYONE claim Bernie was gonna nullify credit card debt...

Just like no one in authority wants to ban and confiscate all the guns..

No one wants abortion until the last monrh..

No one wants rapists and murderers from other countries..

I would likely pass out if I just one time saw a conservative on ATS actually debating a proposed policy, rather than some laughable slippery slope argument that everyone already agrees is a bad idea..

Just.... LOL

I'm supposing you haven't watched the Democratic Presidential debates, watched the Enemedia in the last few years and are entirely divorced from reality then.

If nobody wants any of these things, then why are the current crop of Democratic Presidential candidates running on them?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

campaign platforms have stirred a broader debate over where to draw the line between personal and collective responsibility when it comes to finances.

Couldn't help but notice this little snippet in the part you quoted...

WTF is collective responsibility when it comes to finances????????

If I go into debt, why the Hell should I expect you, or anyone else to help cover it. My debt, my responsibility. I am not a child.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join