It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My awesome neighbor utopia is ending

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: JAGStorm

PS, you do not want to be overly friendly with that guy. He will be over at your house daily, and suggest your spouse stay away from his. Be cordial, but not open to chum with them

That isn't a problem since we both think he is crazy already.

So does he have a wife, and have you met her?

Yes, she didn't say a word.. not a word.

He will be very controlling. She will be friendly with you later, but Ill bet she is a weirdo in her own way, and Ill bet she latches on you in time, and want to be best friends

I grew up with two people that are master controlling manipulators, this nut and his mute wife are nothing in comparison. I seriously have less than zero desire to be friends with them or even neighborly.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: visitedbythem

Borderline personality disorder

"Border" rather apt! hahahaha

and there is the neighbor taking down part of my 6' dog ear fence so they could enjoy my yard

so it begins....

Then they parked a eyesore of an old boat on their side yard, which was in our front yard I had to look at every day.

"oh gee! someone burnt the boat down, must have been some homeless bum with his bottle of spirits, must have been an accident..."

LOL!

Nah, we ignored it, and eventually it was gone, and so were they. There is duplexes on one side of me. Rentals. some people stay for several years. There is a quiet respectful couple there now with a pitbull, which keeps that side secure, and the woman in the other side of the duplex has a mad crush on me. She comes out to talk and get a hug when I walk my dogs (pitbulls) past.
Most of the riff raff are gone now. The rent is too high for tweekers

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Are you sure they actually plan to dig near your land.

Is your electricity underground from the pole on the street? Where would his tie in be?

It's possible they are simply marking you because they have to mark before you dig and they just want to know where all your utilities are.

Do you have an actual survey and can you locate your survey markers? Might be prudent to get out and flag those and spray paint them now.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I too have moved a lot in my life and have had some nightmare neighbors. Hopefully this doesn't drive all of you mad. People are so inconsiderate!

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

Are you sure they actually plan to dig near your land.

Is your electricity underground from the pole on the street? Where would his tie in be?

It's possible they are simply marking you because they have to mark before you dig and they just want to know where all your utilities are.

Do you have an actual survey and can you locate your survey markers? Might be prudent to get out and flag those and spray paint them now.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I too have moved a lot in my life and have had some nightmare neighbors. Hopefully this doesn't drive all of you mad. People are so inconsiderate!

Yep, the foreman confirmed it too. My electric is on the other side of my yard.
Also thank you to burdman30ott6
I just went to the utility website to see what the requirements were for new electric and they had this!

There is NO WAY there is a 10ft path, let alone 5ft without being in my yard!!

edit on 3-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Be sure you know EXACTLY where you line is, or the entire argument is pointless. Have a survey post flags. It's a little expensive, unless you know a guy, but worth it. I had neighbor issues, did that and ended any issues straight away.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

There you go! I'd contact the utility company first thing tomorrow morning. Document everything, including sending whoever you talk to an email after the call, summarizing what was discussed.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Be sure you know EXACTLY where you line is, or the entire argument is pointless. Have a survey post flags. It's a little expensive, unless you know a guy, but worth it. I had neighbor issues, did that and ended any issues straight away.

The survey lines are marked, I have no issues where they are marked I do think they are correct.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Power Co. deals with these issues daily.

They will not encroach on your land.

Make sure there is a problem.

Or, risk you being the psycho neighbor.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Lots of good advice here.

You might not have to bring legal action--just some letters from an attorney can have an amazing effect on someone's attitude.

It's a huge pain and you shouldn't have to do it, but having an attorney on your side will give you some peace of mind.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

It's not necessarily the power company. Here the lots are huge, it is up to the customer to "prep' the
area which includes clearing a path and grading to 4". That is the part i'm worried about. The pipe might only be two inches wide, that isn't the issue, damage to my lot is.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It's not necessarily the power company. Here the lots are huge, it is up to the customer to "prep' the
area which includes clearing a path and grading to 4". That is the part i'm worried about. The pipe might only be two inches wide, that isn't the issue, damage to my lot is.

I understand.

I lived in the country for 25 years.

I know sometimes there is compromise on utilities placement.

I wouldn’t want my yard torn up.

My experience is there is usually an easement.

I hope your wrong and they turn out to be decent folks.

In the Country neighbors are all you have.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I'd go up to town hall and pull up his utility permits. It should have a simple plan attached so you know where everything is planned to go.

Also ask what the utility easement between properties is because where I live it is 5 feet on sides but that doesn't allow them to ruin my yard or dig up trees and fences.

Something else to take into consideration. We had a neighbor build next to us and he wanted to bring in electricity along the border. I went out and talked to the electric company and they were going to put up poles and aerial lines. I freaked. I have no poles or above ground lines on my acreage and I didn't want to look out my windows on that side and see them stretched out to his house.

I went up to the town hall and showed that we all had below ground even though we are out on a dirt road and all have 3-20 acres. They forced him to go below ground. They still dug for about 10 foot along our corner but were good to keep off my land and put the sod back down.

If this is a natural gas line then he is likely paying for it anyway and should not be messing in your yard to run it.

Stay on top of his permits and building plans. I was up at the town hall twice a month seeing if things changes.

Like you I live on a quiet street where we all mind our own business but are friendly enough. New guy decided he wanted to place his new house in an area that was not in the middle of his property but on one side where he meets two properties. Ugh... Why? Then he took two years to finish. But now he is done and has been quiet. I think he pretty much pissed all the neighbors off though with the bulldozer and backhoe noise and beeping for 2 freaking years.

I hope your neighbor goes faster and when done you never hear another peep.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Please keep us informed on how it goes Wednesday.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Check with the county/city.
You may be able to slap a temporary injunction against the construction .
Could go on for months (hint , hint) .
Get started now , as the first thing a builder needs is power to the site.
Make calls .
Go to the courthouse.
You have to have the complete deed to your property.
You know , that 25lb manila folder you got at closing

Disclaimer - I am not an attorney , but I have been through something similar .

edit on 9/3/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/3/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I understand.

I lived in the country for 25 years.

I know sometimes there is compromise on utilities placement.

I wouldn’t want my yard torn up.

My experience is there is usually an easement.

I hope your wrong and they turn out to be decent folks.

In the Country neighbors are all you have.

There definitely isn't an easement there. I've checked every plat and legal document.
The reason it isn't there is that I don't think it was originally intended as a lot. It was part of a parcel that is behind it. That easement runs to the right of the property, going back to that property. There would not be a need for two easements on one property.
My easement runs all the way to the left. Yes I agree us country folk have to keep together, but every once in a while a weird one ruins it.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

New guy decided he wanted to place his new house in an area that was not in the middle of his property but on one side where he meets two properties. Ugh... Why?

Oh they are doing this too. Absolutely the worst orientation. I think this might be part of the problem. They
picked a bad location and are now dealing with expensive utilities.
If you were building a house, would you build it at the bottom of a hill at the lowest point. I know I wouldn't.

link   

Yes I agree us country folk have to keep together, but every once in a while a weird one ruins it.

Truer words are seldom spoken.

link   
Question: Did this new neighbor come and introduce himself to you or anyone in the neighborhood before he started building?

Mine didn't. I will never understand people. If I were building this close to others I would come and introduce myself, give them my cell phone, tell them my plans, promise to do my best not to irritate them all. Why do people want to make enemies of their neighbors? Seriously? Because I am not someone you want to make an enemy of and and then think you want to live next door to.

3 different neighbors were the ones who went over and introduced ourselves first, at various times, when he was wandering around his property deciding what went where. Strange!

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
Question: Did this new neighbor come and introduce himself to you or anyone in the neighborhood before he started building?

Mine didn't. I will never understand people. If I were building this close to others I would come and introduce myself, give them my cell phone, tell them my plans, promise to do my best not to irritate them all. Why do people want to make enemies of their neighbors? Seriously? Because I am not someone you want to make an enemy of and and then think you want to live next door to.

3 different neighbors were the ones who went over and introduced ourselves first, at various times, when he was wandering around his property deciding what went where. Strange!

No, and you want to know how I first saw him.. He was walking on my septic mound... I'm not kidding.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Had a neighbor problem several years back. Took solid concrete blocks and laid them down the property line 6 inches on my side of the line. Neighbor comes over asking why. Told him if I didn't drive through my yard I'd be damned if he was, and if he tried to move the blocks not only would I sue him but press criminal trespassing charges on him and that if that didn't work he could talk to my shotgun. He left the blocks alone and stayed off of my property.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join