It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart's New Gun and Ammo Stance

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

After selling through our current inventory commitments, we will discontinue sales of 

Wait? If their sales of firearms and ammunition is leading to death and destruction ... leading them to the morally high position of discontinuing those sales ... why aren't they discontinuing them immediately and not before they draw down their current inventory?

"We have come to accept that we are peddling in the murder of people and we plan to stop ... but first let us get ride of all the murder we have left in inventory"

But besides that clear disregard to personal integrity on the part of Walmart leadership... I think this is a great turn of events. Issues like this one should be dealt with in the court of public opinion rather than through government regulations.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Good question, isn't it??

Moral high ground...at a profit. What ever.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Phoenix

Lol...

Said like everyone ever, 2 days before the next trip to Wally World lol.

Cept' not "everyone" here so good luck in chinamart johnny!

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well I’ve been getting sick of Wally World for a while now.This is the straw that broke the camels back for me, no more shopping in their storesa reply to: Identified

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wait a second, isn’t it company policy to put planned to be discontinued items on super clearance? I have bought $5 flashlights for 50 cents and $20 wrenches for $8 before.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: projectvxn

Seen Walmart's massive tax breaks and honey deals with municipal governments lately? Of course they can be "compelled" to remember their place and snap back to the heel they belong at.

Well, maybe through circuitous means like that, sure. But Wal-Mart is also the world's largest retailer and can probably absorb the losses from taxation. I'm just saying, other than a law saying they have to sell the ammunition in question, compelling Wal-Mart to do anything may well be unlikely.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: TexasTruth

While your point is valid, I think this is more for the optics.

Apparently they've been having a problem with people getting rattled in light of recent events when they see someone open carrying in Walmart too, causing false alarms.

Though like you noted, this isn't going to do anything to stop a loony.

I agree,the idiots that open carry at wallyworld should be B* slapped. Most have little man syndrome or were dorks that got picked on and feeling tough for a moment. I guess they make a good first kill for the shooter. That’s the beauty of conceal carry. It could be anybody that’s packin’ heat, unless you have skinny jeans and a Hillary shirt on. Lol
Open carry is a stupid law I don’t agree with at all, but I’d rather put up with those idiots than have our 2nd stripped from us. It’s the cost of freedom I guess.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

I agree,the idiots that open carry at wallyworld should be B* slapped. Most have little man syndrome or were dorks that got picked on and feeling tough for a moment.

Personally, I always worry about the people who wear their insecurities on their sleeve, or have something to prove. Nine out of ten times it's not a problem, but they're the ones who are unpredictable.

The truly capable are the ones I trust, ironically they don't show their hand either.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Who cares, maybe go buy your guns and ammo at a mom and pop store, f@#$ Wal mart, they and the concept of them have about ruined manufacturing in North America.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Oh well. This is probably a net positive. This will just open up market space for the small local shops that are struggling to compete with Walmart.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Walmart is inspiring criminals to get what they want, much like a child learning to steal to get what they want, they will do it all over again.

There will be another crazy who thinks he can change the world, a (Joker).
inspired by Walmart, by giving in to criminals.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's called capitalism and although you may not agree with their decision Walmart is in fact a private company and free to make decisions like this.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I can appreciate the difficult position Wal-Mart find itself in, and respect the right of the company to decide what it will and will not sell.

But coupling that to political advocacy on their part (e.g. sending letters to the White House and Congress) is a very different matter, and crosses a line.

While it remains to be seen what sort of effect that might have on the bottom line, I suspect more than a few potential Wal-Mart customers will be put off by the prospect that their purchases would effectively support political lobbying that they disagree with.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

" short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber "

I am at a loss for where to start about how stupid that is. Is the FN fiveseven a SBR? Do they know you need a federal tax stamp to own any SBR?
How many of these mass shootings were perpetrated with legally registered SBRs?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

You will just have to get ammo for your tiger gun other than Walmart, not that they carried .65 caliber often anyway.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I am quite disappointed in Walmart, hopefully their customers all tell them how displeased we are. Walmart was the only place you could get any ammo around here during the Obama ammo shortage. You would have to get there early before all the local gun shop owners bought it all up. Sadly Walmart here doesn't carry Hornedy Critical Defense in any caliber. Luckily there is a Cabela's here now but of course their prices are not as good as Walmart, their selection kicks ass though.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

To be fair Anne Walton was one of Hillary's biggest donors so shopping there was supporting Hillary. I have boycotted Dicks sporting goods for this sort of #. They just started making up their own rules, it's nuts.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JimD350

And consumers they piss off with this crap are free to not shop there. Why not turn off your customers?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I guess the typical shootings in Walmart from day to day don't have big enough death tolls so they need to make all their customers sitting ducks who can't defend themselves. Good idea though, when a shooter comes in the manager can politely ask him to stop shooting him and please put his gun in the car.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

If shoppers openly carry guns into Walmart stores going forward, store managers may ask the shopper to leave and safely secure their gun in their vehicle before returning to the store. The policies will vary by location, however, and shoppers who are openly carrying guns may not always be asked to leave the store.

Already people are celebrating this as if Walmart will suddenly be safer to shop at or America will have less gun deaths because of this.

Reducing the accessibility to that kind of ammunition is probably a good thing and in the right direction though right? I am not from America and did not know Ammo was being sold at the same store you buy your toilet paper from.

Only knowing of this until now I think it's insane that ammunition isn't confined to gun stores only.
Maybe America might have less shootings if gun/ammo sales weren't advertised in front of unstable people who are just buying some groceries.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join