It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart's New Gun and Ammo Stance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Looks like Walmart caved.

Walmart Will Ban Open Carry and Stop Selling Certain Ammo

I can't believe Walmart's gun buyer (corporate title of person who sources goods for the company) didn't school McMillon. Clips and Military Style? Really?

After selling through our current inventory commitments, we will discontinue sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons.

Time to roll out the big stickers on every single store door to let me know before I shop there.

If shoppers openly carry guns into Walmart stores going forward, store managers may ask the shopper to leave and safely secure their gun in their vehicle before returning to the store. The policies will vary by location, however, and shoppers who are openly carrying guns may not always be asked to leave the store.

Already people are celebrating this as if Walmart will suddenly be safer to shop at or America will have less gun deaths because of this.

edit on 3-9-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Democrat Candidate debates coming next week.

They need debate topics other than a strong economy under the current Administration policies 😃

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This should give them lots opportunity for jazz hands.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Walmart isn't where I buy ammo anyway. Too expensive.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrat Candidate debates coming next week.

They need debate topics other than a strong economy under the current Administration policies 😃

Guns Bad, Orange man Bad, White People Bad.... basically that's all they have.

Anyway buying bulk ammunition online is way cheaper than Walmart.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yet another reason to quit shopping at that god-forsaken place..

Unless you like chinese garbage.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I can hear the psycho’s screaming now “welp -sigh-, there goes the rampage I had planned for next week” “first I had to wait a few days for the background check, and now this! Gun Mart is 15 minutes out of the way”

It reminds me of the time Homer Simpson had to wait for a gun background check and he screamed “two days!! But I’m mad now!”

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I always conceal carry, and I certainly don't shop at Walmart.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Their loss I guess, that just means less people shopping there, at least when it comes to guns and ammo. I doubt they'll feel any serious backlash from this, people will continue shopping there regardless and they know it.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Pretty smart idea for Walmart given that they only allow two cashiers at a time maximum and it can take an hour for a front manager to open another lane. Should cut down on all those cart rage shooting we hear about twice a day...oh wait, that doesn’t happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

While your point is valid, I think this is more for the optics.

Apparently they've been having a problem with people getting rattled in light of recent events when they see someone open carrying in Walmart too, causing false alarms.

Though like you noted, this isn't going to do anything to stop a loony.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Even if you never buy ammo there this is now one less major retailer where you can. The goal of some is to have nowhere you can buy it.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

???

How is this going to stop criminals and sicko's from doing mass shootings?

(Rhetorical)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Soon with the tarriffs they won't even have that to sell.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Can they legally ban open carry in their stores?
They might just decide to ban anyone then.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

True, it isn't the cheapest place but for many it was a convenient place. Also Walmart accounts for 20% of all Ammo sales in the US each year. This is now one less place you can purchase certain ammo and all because of "feels" and "scareds."

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Can they legally ban open carry in their stores?
They might just decide to ban anyone then.

Yuppers they can.

It would be no different than no shirt, no shoes, no service, as the ban would apply to all persons equally.

A more interesting question is if they could ban open carry in the parking lot, as that will have slightly different public access/usage rules.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
" short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber"

I've never heard of short-barrel rifle ammo.

edit on 3-9-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I believe there are some states that they can't ban open carry and easily get a business license. But they are Walmart so....

I think tho that's why they "requesting" people not carry. But like I said you better put up a clearly visible sign at the entrance.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

It's just stupid. Like I said did he even talk to the Gun Buyer? Does the Gun Buyer know what he is stocking for Walmart?

This is like all those laws Dems pass when they have never touched a gun and don't understand what they are banning.

I mean 5.56 and .223 are not special.

edit on 3-9-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join