It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breixt: Another week of crazy political drama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So the government has lost its working majority....

This is a joke.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: UKTruth
They are simply blocking Brexit - at all costs.

Are these people on the payroll of another? It's an extraodinary turn of events really. They won't leave without a deal, and they won't ever agree a deal.

It seems that they are - blocking all exits from the EU.
Corbyn has even said he doesn't want a general election unless no deal is off the table. In other words he DOESN'T want the people to vote despite all the lies about the 'people deciding'.

The only route now is a General Election - which the Tories will win with a big majority.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Funny thing: I typed "Tories will " and started google with it.

Here are the top three hits from googles "expand your search" proposals:

"Tories will lose next election"
"Tories will be wiped out"
"Tories will win next election"

What I take from this is that the next election is not going to be a safe run for the Tories.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
American Here:

Why not just have Brexit on the October 31st, have the no deal Brexit.

Then... Work out any trade deals, etc. you need. I've been following the whole ordeal quite closely(from across the pond) and it all seems like people trying to complicate something that does not need any further complications.

The idea that the FIFTH largest economy on this planet will crumble because they aren't part of an Economic Union is pathetic and does a huge disservice to the proud history and culture of the British People.

ETA for Complications:

ON the Irish Backstop, leave it as is. The EU doesn't like it? tough. Simple

Trade deals: every country will come make deals with you, you're the FIFTH largest economy, it WILL HAPPEN. It MAY take time but it WILL HAPPEN. France is going to want to sell you their wine.

ON Scotland leaving or not leaving: they'll stay, and if not then they'll go either way you'll be fine, but trust me, they will stay.

On Ireland having an open border with the EU... so what? It'll be fine, it's not a problem now, it won't be a problem then. If the EU has a problem with it, they can fix it, but they won't and it'll be fine.

edit on 9/3/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
deleted, as prior posting was edited, too.
edit on 3 9 2019 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor
It's not the EU that does not like the Backstop. It is the majority of the Tory MPs (and most Brexiteers) because it effectively separates N. Ireland from the UK in case it was ever implemented. In other words, it DESTROYS the union of N. Ireland with the United Kingdom. Unacceptable.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Funny thing: I typed "Tories will " and started google with it.

Here are the top three hits from googles "expand your search" proposals:

"Tories will lose next election"
"Tories will be wiped out"
"Tories will win next election"

What I take from this is that the next election is not going to be a safe run for the Tories.

The polls suggest a big Tory win. Labour have been decimated.
The latest projection is a 28 seat majority, but up to 80 if the Tories work with the Brexit party... this is on the cards with the Brexit party already offering to only run candidates in Labour held seats if May's deal is taken off the table.

An election is Johnson's trump card. Corbyn, the EU's chief negotiator, will have to sit there and either accept the election of sh*t his pants and vote it down in full view of the British people.

edit on 3/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Pah! What do polls mean, typing into google is the new thing now.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
American Here:

Then... Work out any trade deals, etc. you need. I've been following the whole ordeal quite closely(from across the pond) and it all seems like people trying to complicate something that does not need any further complications.

The idea that the FIFTH largest economy on this planet will crumble because they aren't part of an Economic Union is pathetic and does a huge disservice to the proud history and culture of the British People.

ETA for Complications:

ON the Irish Backstop, leave it as is. The EU doesn't like it? tough. Simple

Trade deals: every country will come make deals with you, you're the FIFTH largest economy, it WILL HAPPEN. It MAY take time but it WILL HAPPEN. France is going to want to sell you their wine.

ON Scotland leaving or not leaving: they'll stay, and if not then they'll go either way you'll be fine, but trust me, they will stay.

On Ireland having an open border with the EU... so what? It'll be fine, it's not a problem now, it won't be a problem then. If the EU has a problem with it, they can fix it, but they won't and it'll be fine.

We have MPs who are voting against what their constituents decided, thus in Parliament the majority is for Remaining (of course, they don't SAY this. They use weasel words to pretend that they are trying to save the country from mass hunger, death and disease. To save us all, they remove negotiating options and lock us into never ending extensions whilst ceding power over the terms of the exit to the EU).

It's a pretty simple case of the will of the people being ignored. One can only imagine the amout of lobbying, bribery and blackmail that has taken place over the last 3 years. We only see the tip of the corruption iceberg, with the likes of Soros pledging money to campaigns to block Brexit.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Man I been watching this a little more each day. And now you post
a thread that makes me ask you personally? You being one of many
who just will not agree to any indication of conspiracy behind all
governments. Are you beginning to see what you're up against yet?

Is it enough for you to finally see where this is all going? When your
own government is obviously defying it's unarmed people? To stay the
course to what will ultimately be the goal of a communist one world
gov.? Is it beginning to sink in yet? How helpless do you feel right now?

And if you think I'm treating you without compassion right now? That
isn't it at all. I just want to know what you're feeling right now because
soon this is going to happen here in the states as well. The whole world
is being dragged kicking and screaming to a place none of us want to go.
Do you see that yet?

Excellent thread
SnF

edit on 3-9-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

To stay the course to what will ultimately be the goal of a communist one world gov.?

Come again?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Brexit voter here, having just listened to PM question time, I can state again, I will no support a buffoon and his dream of a no deal brexit

Lol at Boris losing the majority on his 1st day

Call a general election, one less vote from me
edit on 3-9-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Brexit voter here

Sure.

I voted Remain - I can only say that the will of the people and upholding the People's Vote is more important to me than any personal opinion I have of the current Prime Minister.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

This is a joke.

The manor in which the defection happened is the joke , no doubt Ms Swinson will reward him with a nice job in her insignificant party.

Phillip Lee was obviously going to vote against the government so found a new job before he was deselected.

I look forward to the coming Election.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Then... Work out any trade deals, etc. you need.

It really should be pretty straight forward shouldn't it.

I really don't understand why these MP's think that extending the leave date further will enable a deal to be agreed despite these same incompetents being absolutely unable to agree anything resembling a deal in the three years since the referendum.

The British electorate voted to leave the EU, simple as that.....now let's leave and start owning the process ourselves instead of allowing the EU drive the process or self-serving MP's take control and misrepresent the people whose interests and wishes they are supposed to represent.

One of the most glaring problems we have is that 60% of UK constituencies voted for Brexit yet 80% of our elected officials are rabid Remainers who arrogantly believe that they know better than the electorate and that they can dictate policy.

We need to establish the fact that ultimate power resides with the people and not Parliament!

And I'd like to say what a great job OSOTC did in his OP.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Are you beginning to see what you're up against yet?

Is it enough for you to finally see where this is all going? When your
own government is obviously defying it's unarmed people? To stay the
course to what will ultimately be the goal of a communist one world
gov.? Is it beginning to sink in yet? How helpless do you feel right now?

And if you think I'm treating you without compassion right now? That
isn't it at all. I just want to know what you're feeling right now because
soon this is going to happen here in the states as well. The whole world
is being dragged kicking and screaming to a place none of us want to go.
Do you see that yet?

Excellent thread
SnF

No. Of course he doesn't. In case you missed it, he admitted he voted "Remain" but hid it in a vain attempt to make his thread sound objective and unpartisan. The enemy is within, pretending to be on your side, whether you live in the USA or in the UK. They deride traditional values and patriotism as though they were a form of fascism but want to replace it with fascist postmodernism in which the individual ceases to exist in a hive-mind society
edit on 3-9-2019 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I'm a passionate Brexit supporter who hasn't got a #ing clue what is going on and can see no benefit in a General Election and can't imagine myself voting for either of the unsavoury and unsuitable candidates for PM.

I also have no idea what any extension would achieve and neither can I see any democratic reason for a second referendum unless its a Deal/No Deal choice.

All this bickering is achieving nothing other than further fracturing this great United Kingdom of ours.

Let's just leave and then move forward....its pretty bloody simple really.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Nice summary my friend. It is quite the political conundrum we find ourselves in.

Am I the only one who thinks a General Election could backfire in BawJaws face, spectacularly so? I read it's supposed to be a Gerneral Election run on Brexit/No Brexit, it's not a Referenda but it is a public vote oi the matter, I'll take that...

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I'm a passionate Brexit supporter who hasn't got a #ing clue what is going on and can see no benefit in a General Election and can't imagine myself voting for either of the unsavoury and unsuitable candidates for PM.

I also have no idea what any extension would achieve and neither can I see any democratic reason for a second referendum unless its a Deal/No Deal choice.

All this bickering is achieving nothing other than further fracturing this great United Kingdom of ours.

Let's just leave and then move forward....its pretty bloody simple really.

It's very simple, I agree.
The only route forward, however, is a General Election. Whilst Parliament is split with no majority, an impasse is all we will get.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Brexit voter here

Sure.

Sure check all my post history, love how people who support vehemently one side of the spectrum like to believe there own voice, not what the other person has shown on more than one occasion, I have stated I voted Brexit numerous times, but hey if it fits your narrative better, dont believe me
edit on 3-9-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join