It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breixt: Another week of crazy political drama

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: ScepticScot

I have set out exactly why I think their actions amount to treason and despite what you keep stating it's not just because I disagree with their views.

Their "job" is to respect the vote to leave despite their own views. The Sebel Scum, in their party's manifesto, pledged to do that.

It is not for the few to decide the fate of the many.

Besides which we have had no public vote on a no deal brexit.

We voted to leave.
If you feel we must vote on every option for leaving then why is it you are not critical of no-deal being made illegal..? After all, we've not voted on it. Who gave Parliament the mandate to take no deal off the table? Or is your argument that we somehow have to vote for a no deal (in addition to voting to leave) whilst it's ok to not vote on removing the option for no deal?

I don't think we need to vote on every option.

I think in the absence of a vote it's parliaments job to decide.

So, after the general election with a new Conservative govt and an adequate majority, leading up to the next extended date, when the no deal option is back on the table, you'll be supportive.
Good. I look forward to it.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I have set out exactly why I think their actions amount to treason and despite what you keep stating it's not just because I disagree with their views.

Their "job" is to respect the vote to leave despite their own views. The Sebel Scum, in their party's manifesto, pledged to do that.

We voted to leave.
If you feel we must vote on every option for leaving then why is it you are not critical of no-deal being made illegal..? After all, we've not voted on it. Who gave Parliament the mandate to take no deal off the table? Or is your argument that we somehow have to vote for a no deal (in addition to voting to leave) whilst it's ok to not vote on removing the option for no deal?

So, after the general election with a new Conservative govt and an adequate majority, leading up to the next extended date, when the no deal option is back on the table, you'll be supportive.

Why would I be supportive of what is a stupid idea?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

We voted to leave.

Please try to recognise sarcasm when you see it. It can be a very effective argument against your opponent.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

With Cameron it was Pigs.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

We voted to leave.

I'll remind you of what you said:

So, you'll be supportive of Parliament making the decsion down the line that no-deal is ok. Obviously.
cheers.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

We voted to leave.

So, you'll be supportive of Parliament making the decsion down the line that no-deal is ok. Obviously.
cheers.

I support parliaments right to make the decision.

Doesn't mean I would support a no deal exit.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

We voted to leave.

Please try to recognise sarcasm when you see it. It can be a very effective argument against your opponent.

A question was asked and answered.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

We voted to leave.

cheers.

I look forward to reading about your support for Parliaments decision to put no-deal back on the table when it comes.

edit on 6/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

We voted to leave.

cheers.

I look forward to reading about your support for that decision when it comes.

Should I assume you mean a no deal brexit?

Since I explicitly stated I wouldn't support that you might have a wait.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Dam right mate here here!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

We voted to leave.

cheers.

Nope. I mean support for Paliament making the decision to put no deal back on the table.
Like I said, when it happens I look foward to your support of Parliament.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

We voted to leave.

cheers.

Nope. I mean support for Paliament making the decision to put no deal back on the table.

You seen to find this a bit difficult.

I support parliaments right to make final decision. Even if I end up not supporting that decision.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

We voted to leave.

cheers.

I support parliaments right to make final decision. Even if I end up not supporting that decision.

Yep, so I look forward to you supporting parliaments right to make the decision to put no deal back on the table - when they do so.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

We voted to leave.

cheers.

Yep, so I look forward to you supporting parliaments right to make the decision to put no deal back on the table - when they do so.

UK Truth Your wasting your time with this guy. It’s just another case of ‘ill support the process of parliament only if it goes in my favour’ much the same as the referendum was wrong so let’s keep voting until we get the right result’
edit on 7/9/2019 by JPtruther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I voted to leave the EU along with the majority of voters in 2016.

I'd like the result to be honored please, I don't give a monkeys chuff what's on the table, off the table or under the table.

Leave means leave.

Lets go.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

We voted to leave.

cheers.

I support parliaments right to make final decision. Even if I end up not supporting that decisio

Life must be dull if that's what your looking forward to...

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JPtruther

We voted to leave.

cheers.

UK Truth Your wasting your time with this guy. It’s just another case of ‘ill support the process of parliament only if it goes in my favour’ much the same as the referendum was wrong so let’s keep voting until we get the right result’

Reading comprehension not your strong point?

Specifically said do support process of parliament deciding either way.

That doesn't mean I would support a no deal brexit.

edit on 7-9-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

We voted to leave.

cheers.

So essentially you would say nothing and suck it up?

Well better late than never I suppose.

🤷‍♂️

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Amber Rudd resigns from the cabinet and surrenders the whip.

I have resigned from Cabinet and surrendered the Conservative Whip. I cannot stand by as good, loyal moderate Conservatives are expelled. I have spoken to the PM and my Association Chairman to explain. I remain committed to the One Nation values that drew me into politics.

Amber Rudd Tweet

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

We voted to leave.

cheers.

So essentially you would say nothing and suck it up?

Well better late than never I suppose.

🤷‍♂️

Or you could try posting something that actually relates to what I said.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join