It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood stars demanding the blacklisting of Trump supporters, isn't that totalitarian or fascist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Are Libertarians now living in fear of people exercising their Constitutional Rights, or is this one of those personal idiosyncrasies that we've learned to love?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It should be a big ol clue that the Greek word "hypokrites" means stage actor.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
At what economic connection point do we start to make connections between the government and the very wealthy donors...

For me? As soon as the Constitution makes that distinction.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
There is NOTHING the left claims about conservatives that equals murdering babies.

And? It's free speech, suck it up.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So it's legal for the KKK to band together and harass people wherever they want to so long as it's public? Somehow, I think that would be viewed and treated quite a bit differently.

The KKK is legally allowed to march in public in their Klan attire and make their views on race relations known. We all know this since it happens, but it doesn't mean a lot of people will show up.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
So obviously you are ok with a prominent person putting out a list of people they encourage their fans, friends and family to harass day in and day out on the internet and in person.

You have a massive reading comprehension issue. I just said directly contacing them via email was harrasment. Stop and read what I write, it isnt some goant world salad vomit like your post.

They can say, 'Boycott John Doe's business'. They cannot directly contact John Doe via email and be menacing. Read your own links too while you're at it, you be less ignorant of what is protected speech and what isn't.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: fastfred
The problem is it doesn't really matter what the courts say, if you're on the list and it is made public, the damage is done. The public is very very unforgiving. As an example; do any of you remember the security guard (Richard Jewell) from the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta Georgia? He was falsely accused of the bombing by the FBI. He was the guy that found the backpack and saved the day. He was in fact the hero. He was later exonerated, but the public never seemed to trust him again. He was never able to get employment again (source was from a 60 minutes TV show interview).

Where you getting your info from?

He worked as a deputy sheriff in Meriwether County, Georgia until his death (in 2007). Source

He also sued for libel, and won, against multiple news outlets.

edit on 4-9-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: The2Billies

Didn't the Nazis also make lists of Jews in the beginning?

YES... and painted Stars of David and "Jude" on the Jewish shop owners windows so the public would know they were Jews, and shouldn't do business with them.

You know, kind of like that leftist in Philadelphia wants to do to Trump voters.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Didn't the Nazis also make lists of Jews in the beginning?

YES... and painted Stars of David and "Jude" on the Jewish shop owners windows so the public would know they were Jews, and shouldn't do business with them.

You know, kind of like that leftist in Philadelphia wants to do to Trump voters.

That settles it. Republicans are just like the Jews in WWII.

I can't believe we have a holocaust in 2019. It's just so sad that the Republicans are being rounded up, put in concentration camps and gassed.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I welcome a list of Hollywood folks who aren't douche bags. It might help to know who to support, and who to ignore. All depending on your political feelz.

If it all has to be about politics, then super, let's get it on. If it's about art, movies and acting, the tool bags may want to do a bit of introspective work. Either way, all is good where I sit.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

Will & Grace stars Debra Messing and Eric McCormack have called for Hollywood to out and blacklist anyone attending a forthcoming fundraiser for Donald Trump. President Trump’s fundraiser is set to take place in Beverly Hills during Emmys week, and the actors have called for industry publications to name and shame those who turn up to support him. “Please print a list of all attendees please. The public has a right to know,” Messing tweeted in response to a story on the upcoming event.

Now it appears Hollywood progressive liberals want to deny employment to people who hold the "wrong" political ideas. They also suggested doxing (harassing) people who hold the "wrong" political ideas.

I can't decide if it is totalitarian or fascist ideology (political belief) at work here - which do you think it is -
or do you agree, if you are a conservative Republican you should not be allowed to work and should be harassed?

Who will enforce the "outing" of conservative Republican's to ensure they are harassed and not allowed to work?

You can do business with whomever you please. That seems pretty basic to me.
edit on 4-9-2019 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Since when was it legal to encourage large groups of people to harass a specific individual, and make a list of specific people to harass?

Since 1789.

If it is legal, our country/our morals/our values are really screwed up.

You may think the Constitution is screwed up but I don't.

Denying employment is NOT a boycott...

Sure it is, just like when union protesters stand on the sidewalk in front of their place if employment during a strike and ask to have the replacement workers fired.

Really sounds like Hitler in WWII with the Jews

Really sounds like you don't understand free expression. You don't have to like what they're saying but they have the right to say it.

WOW, just WOW

And you find this acceptable? I find it very much like Hitler in WWII

Where in the constitution does it say people are free to harass individuals and to encourage large groups of people to gang up and harass individuals?

Where in the constitution does it say people are free to force others to deny work and to deny creative expression?

Sorry that is not free speech or freedom of expression in my book. It is a very scary ideology that believes this is what the constitution guarantees people the right to do. Encourage the unrelenting harassment of people and deny people the right or ability to work based on their political ideology and nothing else.

Everything you've stated about denying work based on creative expression sounds a lot like what lots of people are all for in regards to Colin Kaepernick and the other's who kneel in protest during the Anthem.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
That settles it. Republicans are just like the Jews in WWII.

I can't believe we have a holocaust in 2019. It's just so sad that the Republicans are being rounded up, put in concentration camps and gassed.

What do you call 50,000,000 dead Republicans? A good start. What do you call 50,000,000 dead Democrats joining them? Heaven.

Hopefully your papers are in order, Herr Stinker.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Reminiscent of the "Red Scare" blacklisting in Hollywood in the early days of the Cold War. Its stupid, but its also free enterprise I guess. Its still up to the production companies whom they hire.

It just sucks that the stupidest political system on Earth (note - I didn't say worst, just stupidest), has to pervade EVERYTHING these days.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Nope because hollywood is essentially a collection of private companys. If they don't want you spreading your regurgitated b.s, then they don't have to.

Want a solution? Make your own versions of hollywood, facebook ect. Then you can stop making rant posts on ats about shupid sh@t.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's not what I mean. I mean forming groups for the express purpose of targeting and harassing other people in public. I mean KKK folks wearing their gear and following a black couple around in public carrying signs and yelling demeaning and hateful things at them, sort of like a personal Phelps Clan protest geared toward one or two people.

That's what's being encouraged. Sort of like when the protesters harassed Candice Owens and other conservatives out on the town.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Its he beginning of the division.

The hollyweird liberals Democrats are calling for a boycott and attack on anyone and everyone who supports anything trump.

This action will cause a reaction.

The reaction will be conservatives, Republicans ,moderates, and Patriots will do the same.
Completely cut off ties and business with liberal Democrat supporters

Any political message out of hollyweird should be met with laughter.

Scary part is close to 50% the country will be for going after Republican.

They have antifa do the violent work
They have silicon valley using Twitter, YouTube, Facebook to suppress conservative speach.
They have 90% of the media
Hollyweird supplying the funds
Educators and colleges spewing anti American and liberal beliefs.

They pander to BLM, LGBTQ, illegal aliens and muslims.

While normal people are working and keeping busy, they losers are organizing and trying to corner the market.

What happened to Hillary can never happen again

The use the internet to organize and mobilize.

They flooded the midterm elections.

They overwhelmed one voting site, it was a line of 40 antifa , hard to get in line.

Then about 50 LGBTQ members right behind them.

Then about another 50 BLM members

Followed by about 20 muslims

Then about 10 who could only speak Spanish and were guided by some helper they were with.

The normal people who showed up. Could not get in and felt unsafe.

These are groups who If they ever lose an election will not accept the results and become very violent

It's this type of behavior that is turning this website into a majority right leaning one.

Along with many other sites, all you hear is , wow this place became right wing.

Followed by

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jg513
Nope because hollywood is essentially a collection of private companys. If they don't want you spreading your regurgitated b.s, then they don't have to.

Want a solution? Make your own versions of hollywood, facebook ect. Then you can stop making rant posts on ats about shupid sh@t.

These companies got to large too fast.
They should not be privately owned, but rather a utility like electric and water that is more public owned.

Many sub companies stated something like Facebook and they were either crippled, sabotaged or bought out by Facebook.

And hollyweird is the seediest business of all.
Filled with child grooming, pedophiles, rape, pay for play.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

What happened to their right to choose any political party or religion without fear of oppression ?

Surely by blacklisting them for their political choices or affiliations is just as bad as blacklisting them for their religious beliefs ?

it appears to me that its against their rights as Americans , but I don't know the bill of rights 100%

edit on 5-9-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: acackohfcc
Alienate half of your fan base
good strategy...

Half of America doesn't vote.

So I think your numbers might be off a little.

You don't have to vote to support the President or conservativism or to be a Republican....or to be against those two loons that are in the wrong and not watch any of their crap anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join