It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood stars demanding the blacklisting of Trump supporters, isn't that totalitarian or fascist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

O'Hurley definitely rose to the occasion and use this as an opportunity for enriching conversation. Like you said, that is what we need more of... And I think he did more for his cause than calling for a witch hunt or backlash, rather, he provided an alternative and called for constructive debate and discussion.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

In all honesty, these two actors just had their show canceled last month.

They're out of work.

Probably have too much time on their hands and were drunk.

Then their publicist(s) said, "Why not be edgy and get your name out there?"

Now they could have gone the route of charitable work or helping flood victims in the Bahamas, but since they are lazy and (probably) fat, they just went with some tweets and then went back to drinking and pooping in their neighbors shrubbery to alleviate their boredom.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And deciding who to work with is a personal choice... Nothing wrong with that on an employee level. It gets a bit trickier if you're the employer, but even then there are some exceptions.

You are exactly right -- as usual!

But I gotta say I don't even like the "protected" classes that force employers to hire certain people -- whether I agree or not with their reasoning. However, I will stand up for everyone's right to make that decision for themselves... whether it's a Hollywood producer who won't employ conservatives or the mortuary who won't employ a man identifying as a woman.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

O'Hurley definitely rose to the occasion and use this as an opportunity for enriching conversation. Like you said, that is what we need more of... And I think he did more for his cause than calling for a witch hunt or backlash, rather, he provided an alternative and called for constructive debate and discussion.

Yes!

And I give him big props for walking his talk. He has obviously had such conversations with his colleagues, respectful and fruitful conversations, and found them productive and fulfilling. I would expect that those he had these conversations with were likewise respectful, and found the conversations productive and fulfilling.

So these two obviously don't speak for "Hollywood." Just themselves.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

But I gotta say I don't even like the "protected" classes that force employers to hire certain people -- whether I agree or not with their reasoning. However, I will stand up for everyone's right to make that decision for themselves... whether it's a Hollywood producer who won't employ conservatives or the mortuary who won't employ a man identifying as a woman.

It's definitely a slippery slope, and hard to get everyone to agree on where to draw the line. I'm not a big fan of fulfilling quotas, but I do think there needs to be a level of protection, if not than mob rule can deem some classes unemployable, and then we just end up paying for their social programs.... We'll likely never find a level of perfection in regards to policy behind that.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I can see a lot of lawsuits coming if people don't get work due to political views!

Isn't this prejudice which is what the left fight against?

More hypocrisy from the left.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We'll likely never find a level of perfection in regards to policy behind that.

I agree. I don't think it's possible. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. And it's impossible to prepare/prevent every possible eventuality or end result.

For example, we were still living in Cali when my hubby became a certified welder, where earthquakes are a real issue, and where building codes vary by region. He literally had to be certified by county and by state, with different requirements. In large part because there are two kinds of earthquakes: jolting and rolling. The appropriate measures to protect a building from one type of earthquake were the exact opposite of the appropriate measures to protect from the other type of earthquake. Protecting against one kind made the building vulnerable to the other kind.

Sometimes there just aren't any perfect answers, and we can only do the best with what we have.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Now you sound like the totalitarian who wants everyone to group think like they do.

"I DON'T LIKE HOW THEY'RE USING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, IT OFFENDS ME AND WE SHOULD LIMIT IT!!!!"

lol

Just another episode of both parties wanting to limit rights because of "nazis". Tune in next week for the dramatic new episode of "beware of nazis".

It's ok.. when a group of like m8nded numpties band together with the intntion of upscaling the rhetoric to a level of physical violence, using the call to arms here as a red flag, the two washed up actors can claim innocence of any wrong, and the black clad jackboots will dissapear back to obscurity...
No harm, aye..

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Is that what's happening here?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Most of Hollywood's elite are amoral themselves, this is sheer
hypocrisy, and yes it is fascist. But people will fall for it,
The Deep State is the new God.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It fascist or totalitarian when the government does it, whether you personally agree with the women in the article or not is an entirely separate matter.

Its harassment, and should be answered with a lawsuit.

Could you imagine if the far right got the names of women who had abortions and plastered them across the news headlines, then proceeded to taunt them in public?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

It fascist or totalitarian when the government does it, whether you personally agree with the women in the article or not is an entirely separate matter.

Could you imagine if the far right got the names of women who had abortions and plastered them across the news headlines, then proceeded to taunt them in public?

The Planned Parenthood here has people outside of it protesting almost daily. I've never been, but I've read plenty of news stories where people going into the place get yelled at.

I'm all for freedom of speech, that's why typically when there is a thread from either side hyperbolically saying something is illegal or should be... I typically disagree.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sounds like that movie release cancelled over the summer.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Only have a minute and glanced over the comments and didn’t see it mentioned...

Check out her (Debra Messing) Twitter. She posted a video asking for people to text her so they could actually talk. Top comments suggest it has an auto-reply that asks for your name, date of birth, location so that they can make a list!

Someone please upload screenshots if it doesn’t violate t&c

I’m at work and unable to link or screen AP.

This is kinda scary...

edit on 3-9-2019 by raedar because: Added info

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The Planned Parenthood here has people outside of it protesting almost daily. I've never been, but I've read plenty of news stories where people going into the place get yelled at.

I'm all for freedom of speech, that's why typically when there is a thread from either side hyperbolically saying something is illegal or should be... I typically disagree.

Same thing. They shouldn't be harassing women going in there

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Same thing. They shouldn't be harassing women going in there

Ideally and morally I think what they're doing is wrong (not their beliefs, but how they go about projecting them).

But legally, I support their right to assemble. I think the extremist groups like comedy challenge the reaches of all our rights, and I think it's most important to defend the rights of those you disagree with most.

People pick sides, turn a blind eye to some while focusing on others. And when so many of our society are willing to see their opponents see defeat by way of law... We all lose in the end. Because when rights get taken away, things like petrol lobbyists making protest of pipelines illegal and bragging about it are possible.

I definitely don't condone violence, and there are laws in place to deal with violence. But when it comes to freedoms, I'd rather we be reactionary with laws that exist than take away rights "for our protection", because it never is for our protection, it's for the protection of those in power or with power.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

There are loons outside of Planned Parenthood taunting people daily.

Asking people to boycott others is not harassment.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Anyone else think it is funny they have never personally encountered an antifa member or supporter?

It is almost like the foxnews types are taking the actions of totally unconnected individuals and pretending they are part of some larger conspiracy to distract away from their own extremists...

Period... and it is just oh so obvious...

Your crazy, militant, pro-second amendment, white supremacy types are going to be more violent than the ANTI-gun , hippie , vegan who is triggered by micro aggressions...

Your hippie vegans organize sit ins and boycotts for ridiculous reasons..

Your militant white suprematists commit terrorist attacks..

And that is fine.. in a zombie apocalypse I take the militant now-nazi as a battle buddy..

If I’m going to an art gallery I take the vegan..

The just insane part is the way conservative media will pretend the extreme left are foo foo sissies AND maurading tough guys in the same sentence!!

Lol
edit on 3-9-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

At what economic connection point do we start to make connections between the government and the very wealthy donors who are pushing for this type of social pressure? I'm asking this sincerely... considering Hollywood's incestuous relationship with the Democratic party's fundraising arm, it seems there's a gray area here between "private entities expressing themselves freely" and "Bernie's campaign director asked us to put the screws to those among us who are supporting Trump."

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There is NOTHING the left claims about conservatives that equals murdering babies..

And that is the mainstream rallying cry..

It is flat out amazing we do not have more violence, because make no mistake violence is justified to protect children..

And they constantly tell their sheeple “the left” aka everyone not a conservative is “murdering babies”.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join