It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond the Imaginary Curve

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I am unsure if any of you follow any Flat Earth / Science debate online

however I have been looking at a few youtube channels dedicated to flat earth and science and the ongoing debate between them all.

A few channels I watch just for fun are Sci Man Dan , Conspiracy Catz , and Beyond the Imaginary Curve

The last one I watch because the guy is entertaining in that I find the things he says ridiculous.

To bring any of you up to speed

Sci man dan and Conspiracy Catz are both teachers and they teach in school , they teach science
so they regularly debunk each others videos and host online debates on the flat earth/ science saga

recently I discovered beyond the imaginary curve and I realised that he has called out the other two as " child abusers"
because he believes teaching children lies about "objective reality" is mental child abuse
he openly calls these two teachers , pedo's

Now I am ok with debate and a bit of banter, but when you start calling people child abusers and "PEDOS" without any evidence that is grounds for Libel or defamation.

the man from beyond has now put these two teachers into the spotlight for all these legions of flat earth followers who will likely repeat this "pedo" mantra , the public will then be drawn into this somehow when the parent of a child who is taught by either of the two will then question this.

They could lose their career in education , even if it is completely untrue, the public would likely conclude their guilt before even seeing a courthouse. Not that a judge would ever entertain the idea that education is child abuse.

I warn you, this Beyond the curve stream is basically 2 hours of nothing but opinion.

Deyond or Del ,is adamant that science is all just gobbledegook and neuro linguistic programming. On one hand he asserts that science uses language to control you , then proceeds to use language to express his own views.

So I am asking , what is humanity coming to when we have a youtube channel dedicated to tearing down science , and all that humanity has achieved over the course of history. He is a conspiracy theorist and distrusting of any authority even if those authorities are derived from logic and reason.

If you really want to understand his position watch his video on debunking gravity with doors

edit on 3-9-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I not sure if i got this right, but is a school teacher teaching a flat earth style of Earth? My expectations on the education system is higher than that with the responsibility of the profession. i can see a case for this topic in the education system when looking at topics like deception and group thought, but these topics are for older students.

Asking questions is good, pushing false perceptions is bad. Just have to look at the global trade routes for evidence of what shape the Earth is. Teachers pushing a flat Earth should be fired.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

You have that backwards. The two teachers are debunkers and firmly in the corner of science. The goof making the "pedo" accusations is a flat earth proponent and poster boy for Dunning - Krueger.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Freedom of speech hard at work.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

hardly

we have slander , libel and defamation here in the UK

the man has slandered him , then made it libel by posting it online in public

without any evidence of said crimes

that man if he is not careful could end up in court for defamation

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

aye as 1060 said

its the two teachers who are debunking this nonsense portrayed as fact when in reality its nothing more than opinion.

I see that a lot on youtube, Debunking science with the power of opinion.

Ask them to ante up and produce some evidence which contradicts the mainstream scientific theories and they go silent .

I dont know about anyone else but I find it slightly insulting to the intelligence of our species, not on an EGO tip
but just blatantly pissing on the face of logic and reason and all that we have achieved so far.

The time and dedication we have put into our understanding of the universe , and then you have these clowns who have looked up something on youtube for an hour and then proceed to tell the world how wrong every scientist is.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 1060west

Ok, thanks for that. Taken in context there does not sound like much of a case then. Unfortunately these kind of allegations are not too uncommon. Good on the teachers trying to help someone get back on track. Looks like its time to move on and invest their time in more productive endeavors. Sure this stuff is stress full, I don't see much for them to worry about with what has been disclosed so far.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

So your surprised that a flat earther is making baseless accusations?

He’s a grown man that thinks the earth is flat, his entire existence is baseless.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

hahahah that is a fair point !

Still no matter who you are , or what you believe the law is the law

and making claims like this of a teacher could ruin that mans life !

it is just the sort of careless thought process that leads to things like flat earth.

They think that they are thinking

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

hardly

I fully agree.
But still free speech, it just needs to be tested by a court of law.
If he’s found guilty of defamation or slander, the legal system works.

Anyone can say whatever they want, if it offends then let the court take its course.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I fear we may be heading into another Dark Ages. Science has progressed so far that we now have things commonplace that were science fiction and wild futuristic guesses only a few decades ago. I can create visual reality on my computer using 3D rendering programs. People can access information from around the world on a device that fits in their pocket. I can type in an address on a small device and it will tell me how to get there. My own heart was just sewn back together.

And yet, we have people like this "Beyond" fellow who deny that all this exists.

Worse, we have many people who do so. And it seems that number is growing.

I believe it all began with the politicization of science in the Great Global Warming Scam. Now, whether that scam is what caused the move away from science or is another symptom of the move is a question yet to be answered.

The day is coming when religion shall rule, and not the religions of the past... new religions, based on a thorough misunderstanding of scientific principles and touted to be science. Like the Dark Ages, actual science will be buried underground and human existence will become an exercise in suffering and shortening life-spans. Humanity has always gone through cycles; this is apparently just another cycle.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Also important to keep in mind that the science of today could be jokes of tomorrow, meaning we knew for sure, at some point, that the only way to heal mental illness is lobotomy.

An extreme example, but you get the point.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Not really so extreme... at one time the "obvious" solution for disease was to let all the bad blood out. At one time, the earth was the center of the Universe and anyone who said different was going against science. At one time, speeds in excess of, I believe 30 mph, were known to be deadly to humans.

History is full of times when science gets it wrong... it's just part of the journey to getting it right. The problem comes in when one believes that science either has all the answers or that science has no answers. Either position goes against the very heart of science: the Scientific Principle.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

That's an easy lawsuit to win. They should sue as soon as Dorian passes.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I've made an epic mistake and replied to the channel owner , only to have his army of cultists
descend on me and tell me Im everything under the sun , they jump to his defense because he simply wont engage other folk who ask him directly.

They are nothing but an echo chamber

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

hardly

I fully agree.
But still free speech, it just needs to be tested by a court of law.
If he’s found guilty of defamation or slander, the legal system works.

Anyone can say whatever they want, if it offends then let the court take its course.

You can say what you want ... as long as it is the truth. If it is not the truth, then there is a whole host of things you can not say.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Also like to think about these subjects as fun thought exercises, for the sake of neuroplasticity.

If one gets angry because these, then the point is lost.

-Just my opinion.-

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

hardly

Slander/defamation are not criminal offences, they are grounds for a civil law suit.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I thought that Libel or slander under the defamation act 2013 its a criminal offense if proven to defame a person

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

a reply to: oldcarpy

I thought that Libel or slander under the defamation act 2013 its a criminal offense if proven to defame a person

Not in America at least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join