It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Giant mentioned in the Hebrew Bible in chronological order

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I decided to make a timeline for every post-flood giant mentioned in the Hebrew bible including their location.

In the Hebrew bible there are two terms given to describe the descendants of the fallen angels they are the Nephilim and Rephaites.

The term "Rephaim" or "Rephaites" has also been used in ancient Canaanite stories to describe a royal group/dynasty of kings who had the privileges to walk & dine with the gods. Other biblical tribes described to have descended from giants were the Amorites , Emims , Perizzites , Anakims and the philistines (who have recently been identified with the Mycenaean Greeks.) Interestingly many Mesopotamian kings were also Amorites and the Sumerian text called them "Amurru". Below we shall take look at Individual giants mentioned In the bible.

The following dates are based on Jewish tradition and is also accepted as an accurate timeline among many Hebrew/biblical scholars.

1393 BCE = Moses was born

(The giant Arba was alive during this period)

Arba was a great man among the Anakims. (Joshua 14:15)

Arba the father of Anak (Joshua 21:11)

1355 BCE = Joshua was born

(The giant Anak was alive during this period)

1313 BCE = Exodus; Jews leaves Egypt and crosses the Red Sea.

1312 BCE = The spies sent by Moses return from Canaan with bad news of tall giants inhabiting the land

Numbers 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Like the Anakim they are also counted as Rephaim,

1266 BCE = Joshua goes to war with giant tribes in Israel

And the coast of Og king of Bashan, which was of the remnant of the giants, that dwelt at Ashtaroth and at Edrei,

Og king of Bashan was the last of the Rephaites. His bed was decorated with iron and was more than nine cubits long and four cubits wide.

1258 BCE = War ends Joshua divides the conquered land among tribes of Israel

(Caleb, one of the twelve spies sent by Moses to Canaan, later drove out the descendants of Anak — his three sons — from Hebron)

14 Caleb removed the three sons of Anak from there: Sheshai, Ahiman, and Talmai. They were the offspring of Anak. 15 Then he went up from there against the population of Debir. Debir used to be called Kiriath-sepher. 16 Caleb said, “I will give Achsah my daughter in marriage to whoever strikes Kiriath-sepher and captures it.” 17 So Othniel son of Kenaz, Caleb’s brother, captured it, and Caleb gave him Achsah his daughter in marriage.

1245 BCE = Joshua died

1228 BCE = Othniel became leader of Israel

1188 BCE = Ehud became leader of Israel

(Ehud assassinated king Eglon of moab with his sword and freed the Hebrews from bondage.)

1107 BCE = Shamgar saved Israel from Philistines

Within the period of Ehud's Judgeship, the Jews in the south of the Land of Israel were enslaved by the Philistines. Their deliverer was Shamgar, the son of Anath. He was a very strong man and "slew of the Philistines six hundred men with an ox-goad," and he rescued Israel from the yoke of the Philistines.

1107 BCE = Deborah became leader of Israel

a wise woman named Deborah, the wife of Lapidoth, renowned as a prophetess became leader of Israel

1067 BCE = Gideon became leader

1035 BCE= Samson became leader

Situated along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea, the Philistines, descendants of the giant races that had once possessed Canaan , They began to push further inland. Samson a Hebrew from Nazareth fell in love with a philistine woman who eventually betrayed him into slavery.

988 BCE = Saul became king

For some time, the Philistines had been extending their rule over large parts of Israel. The Jews were paying a yearly tax to the Philistines, who were represented in Israel by a governor. This representative of the Philistine government did not allow the Jews to possess any armaments, for fear of a rebellion. Even farm implements that had to be sharpened had to be taken to the Philistine over Lords who, for a price, used to sharpen them. Not a sword was to be found in all Israel. Only Saul and his son Jonathan, possessed this priceless weapon. Saul was determined to expel the Philistines from the Hebrew territory. Saul was left with only six hundred men. Realizing his great responsibility, Saul remained to wage war against the Philistines with his six hundred men. His brave son Jonathan also remained with him.

984 BCE David kills Goliath

1 Samuel 17:4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.

968 BCE = David became king

5:18 The Philistines also came and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim.

5:22 And the Philistines came up yet again, and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim.

935 BCE = Goliath's family gets killed by King David and his men.

21:16 And Ishbibenob, which was of the sons of the giant, the weight of whose spear weighed three hundred shekels of brass in weight, he being girded with a new sword, thought to have slain David. 17 But Abishai the son of Zeruiah succoured him, and smote the Philistine, and killed him. 18 And it came to pass after this, that there was again a battle with the Philistines at Gob: then Sibbechai the Hushathite slew Saph, which was of the sons of the giant. 19 And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam. 20 And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant. 21 And when he defied Israel, Jonathan the son of Shimeah the brother of David slew him. 22 These four were born to the giant in Gath, and fell by the hand of David, and by the hand of his servants.

933 BCE = King david's men kills more giants

11:22 Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, the son of a valiant man of Kabzeel, who had done many acts; he slew two lionlike men of Moab: also he went down and slew a lion in a pit in a snowy day. 23 And he slew an Egyptian, a man of great stature, five cubits high; and in the Egyptian’s hand was a spear like a weaver’s beam; and he went down to him with a staff, and plucked the spear out of the Egyptian’s hand, and slew him with his own spear.

edit on 2-9-2019 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ancienthistorian

Very interesting, I appreciate the timeline. It further fuels a working hypothesis of mine that the "Sea People" of the Bronze Age collapse, may well of been the people refered to as the Philistines in biblical texts.

Recenty, a Philistine grave containing 2 skeletons was uncovered in Palestine, DNA showed South Central European origins.

Eta
I think the Tera eruption ( with debatable dates) spurned the Sea People invasions of points East
edit on 2-9-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Most don’t realize that the Hebrew people went to war with giants. They weren’t normal people by any means. They purged the land of them. There was giants in the days before the flood, and after.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Nephilim + Rephaites = Nephites ? (Book of Mormon)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Cool, old man Missler says the reason we have the war around Israel today is because not all the Canaanite bunch was done in....

This thread is a great sticky to read.....you see, in Scripture the fallen ones come back.....a reply to: ColonelCorn

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

These four were born to the giant in Gath, and fell by the hand of David, and by the hand of his servants.

I always wondered how that worked. We have emergency caesarian section surgery for a baby too big to exit and it happens with genetic homosapiens which is one of its uses and causes for it to have been designed. Did a lot of servants die in childbirth? The babies are only slightly bigger, proportionate to being say 2ft taller?

The giants of the Old Testament had to have been only varying amounts of "pure" giant if there were such a thing, or of alien dna, angel, their own created species as in Greek mythology, whichever you believe. By the time we get to Goliath in David's time and Og of Bashaan (the last of them supposedly, or so they believed) we'd be talking about single digit percentage of giant dna, considering they were just overgrown humans, not necessarily any cognitive superiority but who knows.
edit on 2-9-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It sounds like the giants were between eight foot six inches and around twelve feet tall back then from things I have read.

There are old pictures of what looks like twenty foot skeletons, but I do not know if those are real skeletons, people have been fooling people for hundreds of years. Evidence of huge skeletons disappeared, so there is no proof other than some old pictures. It is possible that there were some huge people who had working giantism genes, but nowadays the genes seem to be screwed up and it just leads to health problems and an early death. I actually know someone who started growing again when he got older, he has to duck to get through the grocery store door which is seven feet. I have not seen him in many years,I do not know where he is now. I haven't seen his death in the paper, that is a good sign..

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That makes perfect sense

5000 years ago, the population was 14 million.
What has the world's population been over the last 5000 years? - Quora
www.quora.com...

The world population was 7.53 billion in 2017. That's an insane amount of genetic mixing at a seemingly exponential rate. If it rose that quickly in 5,000 years and modern humans have been a species for 200,000+ years it means.. well I dont know what it means for evolution or the future, I'd never thought about it before. How fast does 7.53 billion double, quadruple or multiply as the amount of space and cultual boundaries becomes lesser and lesser.

Any rare giantism genes that hadn't been bred out of the population from failed births and/or health problems over time eventually almost died out through natural processes. The ones in the Old Testament were almost all of the last humans who carried the gene.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   

This is an ATS old school thread. Thanks for posting it. Good job👍

Are all the quotes from Numbers ?
edit on 3-9-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ancienthistorian From old story's of Spanish and French explorers the Caanites were in the US,but the true story has been changed by the victors,the government or the elite don't want the truth out,50 ft skeletons have been found as well as many in 8 ft range,I believe in giants once existing,more then story how US was established,ever notice in bible the Jews were ok to kill,but not anyone else? pretty obvious

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I had a good buddy who was a giant.
Shane Thibadeaux.
He was near 7 foot and every ounce of 500 lbs.
Very nice guy.
He croaked over dead in his early thirties.
His heart couldn't keep up with his mass.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
one theory is that satan / nephilim corrupted the human gene pool ('sons of God' bred with the daughters of men)

and one reason for the Noah flood was to cleanse the earth of the giants

a few remained through the time of King David

not sure if modern 'giants' are their descendants, or just random genetics.

good thread interesting stuff

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I was told in a dream that these giants are coming back soon!

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
Most don’t realize that the Hebrew people went to war with giants. They weren’t normal people by any means. They purged the land of them. There was giants in the days before the flood, and after.

Are they called dinosaurs?

The remaining colossal animals were hunted down

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

It's generally assumed the mothers did not survive child birth.

Lots of information on giants and nephilim in the non-canon books of Enoch and Jubilees as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I know the Bible says in Genesis 4 that the "sons of god" or angels cohabited with womankind and the hybrid offspring were giants, the men of renown, or great fame.

As for the other giants mentioned in the Bible nowhere does it state that they were offspring of materialized angels.

As for any surviving the flood? No. The Bible clearly states that all life was wiped out on dry ground accept for 8 souls, Noah, his wife, his three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japeth, and their wives.

As for the fallen angels? They had to dematerialize and return to the spirit realm where they were created to begin with and the Bible says that God put them under chains in dense darkness awaiting their judgement. So they could not return to human form as did other angels in the Bible, after the flood.

"And the angels who did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place, he has reserved with eternal bonds in dense darkness for the judgment of the great day." Jude 6.

The fact that their bonds are eternal would mean they could not break free of them. I am sure this is writing in human terms so we can kind of get an understanding of what happened. The simple matter of it is that they have been cast out of the heavenly family, became angels of the rebel angel now known as Satan, and are in dense darkness waiting judgement.

If any of those giants were offspring of other fallen angels? The Bible doesn't state so we can't say that. If they were, it had to have been other perfect angels who were still in God's heavenly family after the flood.

That leaves something to think about. Are angels still leaving their proper places in heaven and rebelling? We obviously don't know. Did they back then even after the flood? Well, they all have free-will. Just like we do. To chose to do right or wrong, good or bad.

The same wicked angels who were around causing so much trouble for humankind before the flood are still around. They are ancient creatures of God, millions, perhaps billions of years old? Who knows how old they are?

The Bible says that the first creation of God given the name Jesus Christ after he left heaven and came to earth was used by him in the creation of the universe. So we know that Jesus has to be billions of years old. Of course still a child in God's eyes.

The spirit creatures were they created alongside the physical heavens? Or before? We know they were around when God made mankind on the earth.

It is my thinking that God uses these angels to take care of physical matters in the universe, and they have access to God's holy spirit, or active force to some degree to accomplish their tasks, just as Jesus had access to it while on earth to perform miracles and raise the dead back to life.

For them it would be easy to mold solar systems, planets, put them in the orbits they need to be in...put the earth the exact distance it needs to be from the sun, place the moon where it needs to be, the right diameter. Everything. It is all controlled by beings beyond our comprehension.

I suppose that a mighty angel of God could easily wrap one of its wings around the earth as if it were a pebble.

Now, in the last days Satan and his demons have been cast down from heaven where they have been. And thus woe has come to earth, for Satan is mad knowing his time is very short. They are still around causing havoc and destruction. Uprooting society, ruining the earth, and manipulating world events.

"So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him....

"On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.” Revelation 12:9, 12.

..."the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." 1 John 5:19.

"because we have a struggle, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I know the Bible says in Genesis 4 that the "sons of god" or angels cohabited with womankind and the hybrid offspring were giants, the men of renown, or great fame.

As for the other giants mentioned in the Bible nowhere does it state that they were offspring of materialized angels.

As for any surviving the flood? No. The Bible clearly states that all life was wiped out on dry ground accept for 8 souls, Noah, his wife, his three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japeth, and their wives.

As for the fallen angels? They had to dematerialize and return to the spirit realm where they were created to begin with and the Bible says that God put them under chains in dense darkness awaiting their judgement. So they could not return to human form as did other angels in the Bible, after the flood.

"And the angels who did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place, he has reserved with eternal bonds in dense darkness for the judgment of the great day." Jude 6.

The fact that their bonds are eternal would mean they could not break free of them. I am sure this is writing in human terms so we can kind of get an understanding of what happened. The simple matter of it is that they have been cast out of the heavenly family, became angels of the rebel angel now known as Satan, and are in dense darkness waiting judgement.

If any of those giants were offspring of other fallen angels? The Bible doesn't state so we can't say that. If they were, it had to have been other perfect angels who were still in God's heavenly family after the flood.

That leaves something to think about. Are angels still leaving their proper places in heaven and rebelling? We obviously don't know. Did they back then even after the flood? Well, they all have free-will. Just like we do. To chose to do right or wrong, good or bad.

The same wicked angels who were around causing so much trouble for humankind before the flood are still around. They are ancient creatures of God, millions, perhaps billions of years old? Who knows how old they are?

The Bible says that the first creation of God given the name Jesus Christ after he left heaven and came to earth was used by him in the creation of the universe. So we know that Jesus has to be billions of years old. Of course still a child in God's eyes.

The spirit creatures were they created alongside the physical heavens? Or before? We know they were around when God made mankind on the earth.

It is my thinking that God uses these angels to take care of physical matters in the universe, and they have access to God's holy spirit, or active force to some degree to accomplish their tasks, just as Jesus had access to it while on earth to perform miracles and raise the dead back to life.

For them it would be easy to mold solar systems, planets, put them in the orbits they need to be in...put the earth the exact distance it needs to be from the sun, place the moon where it needs to be, the right diameter. Everything. It is all controlled by beings beyond our comprehension.

I suppose that a mighty angel of God could easily wrap one of its wings around the earth as if it were a pebble.

Now, in the last days Satan and his demons have been cast down from heaven where they have been. And thus woe has come to earth, for Satan is mad knowing his time is very short. They are still around causing havoc and destruction. Uprooting society, ruining the earth, and manipulating world events.

"So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him....

"On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.” Revelation 12:9, 12.

..."the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." 1 John 5:19.

"because we have a struggle, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Eta
I think the Tera eruption ( with debatable dates) spurned the Sea People invasions of points East

Tera eruption was much earlier than the sea people, like 3 - 400 years earlier. The date of the eruption is not set in stone but it's between like 1500bc to 1650bc... The 2 sea people invasions were like in 1215 and 1186 bc or something similar. There's no way we you can link the 2 together even if it is a good idea, I kinda liked it but its not working at all.

Watch this on the end of the bronze age and the sea people.
www.youtube.com...
He talks a bit about the Tera eruption too

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I just read your thread and found it interesting that they mentioned the size of the giant Og the King of Bashan

his bed was 9 cubits long by 4 cubits wide

so he would have been around 411.48cm by 182.88cm

that is crazy at 13.5 ft tall

the tallest human alive is that guy from turkey at 8ft 1inch
almost double the size of the tallest human ever recorded.

Where are all the giant bones, and where are they buried , surely there must be some bones of giants still to uncover.
most likely along the river that flowed from east to west across the Sahara

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Wow, thank you for the timeline. A nice way to appreciate the truth behind these "giants" and how godly they were viewed to the people

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join