It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump demonstrates ''Presidential Attention Span Deficiency Syndrome

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

At least it's not going to destroy all 57 states. That's a plus, right?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I do not claim to be impartial Red. At best, maybe, I claim to strive for impartiality but that would be a goal, not an unassailable stance. Yes, I'm partial. I have been partial since my parents promoted Santa Claus as the happy guy working for Jesus. I staunchly defended Santa in the face of older boys who called me a little baby and a fool for believing.

It's not simple being impartial, not having a bias. Our world pushes partiality on us as a steady diet, it has for all of our ancestors existence. It almost seems to me that partiality is a foundation of individuality, without it we would just be the next guy in a line of ''next guys'' down through the ages.

And yes, Trumps comments on hurricanes are trivial and quibbling over the exactness of size or landfall would be fruitless. My point by using this current statement by Trump as an example was to add to the list of his lack of comprehension, not only his lack of comprehension of what by now is the easily known meme''cat 5'' but beyond that his lack of memory of having said almost the same thing two years earlier.

In excusing that by painting him as a guy just like me, or like an average American is nice if we don't hold our elected Potus to a higher standard than that to which we attain for ourselves. Me, I don't want a president who is like me, I want a president who is better than me, a president that can see and comprehend on a scale above my own abilities.

This is what Trump promised and continues to promise us. Here I will paraphrase because quoting would serve no purpose when we both know how he praises himself. I am the best. I have the greatest intellect. I have a big brain. I am the only one who can fix America.

All these claims yet he is vague on his knowledge of even hearing the term ''category 5'' , a meme that is available for easy consumption across the culture.

Back to Tulsi. I don't agree with all she has to say either. Her current stance on the 2nd is not as important to me as it seems to be to others. I've got my guns, for home defense, for turkey shoots etc, but I don't fear them being taken away.

I don't think that I will need them to fend off the government and it's encroaching on my freedoms.
There is a notion that without our guns we will lose the last tool we have in defending those freedoms. To me, this is ancient thinking. Our freedoms are being lost, I think we can agree on that. But which of those freedoms could have been saved by our guns. Any? The freedoms we are loosing are being lost behind our backs, by new laws that say one thing yet allow for freedom loss on the flip side. Guns cannot hinder any of that.

I just don't get the ''we need our guns to preserve our freedom'' thinking. Especially when that allows for these mass killing weapons to be available for mentally ill nincompoops to use on innocents.

Oh yeah, Tulsi.. So again I don't agree with her on everything. But to me she has demonstrated enough values that are held by both sides of our current national conflicts that at this time, she could be the one candidate in either field to be an acceptable choice to facilitate a re-unification of our diverging cultures.

I like talking with you Red, one reason being you don't automatically assume that I must automatically want Biden just because I criticize Trump.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

MSNBC has a montage of clips of him talking about a cat 5.

Did you know that not a lot of people are aware of them? Yup according to the donald.

I thought everybody knew about them but apparently I dont know squat.

Bold part is quoted for truth.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I wonder how many votes your thread will change. I'm guessing none and this is just an attempt to bash Trump. Something the majority of America is tired of seeing from the plethora of butthurt.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Do you? And how often have I quoted her?

Oh and when and what was that.

You are not even worth the time typing answers to because you just make things up and call anyone with a different thought from you names.

My posts are researched. My posts contain very little misspellings or bad punctuation or incorrect grammar.
I cannot for the life of me understand where you get that I am wrong about everything. You fail to prove that but you never fail to claim it.
So get down off the high horse and prove what you say about me.
Where am I wrong and what the correct info is.
put your money where your keyboard is.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That is a good thing.

I used to read a lot of science fiction. Decades ago called ''Mother of all Storms'' by Johnathan Barnes.
early to mid 90s I think. It had hurricanes so big they could take out a continent. And while back then that notion was ''far out'', by watching how these things are growing into monsters that ''threshold'' of science fiction now does not sound so outlandish.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

plethora of butthurt.

Oh, if it were only that simple.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

-he's the president so he can change any saying he wants.
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Sure he can. Wonder what he would do with these gems
"Give me liberty or give me death." -Patrick Henry
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." -John Lennon
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -Nelson Mandela
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

Just a few I found around the web.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trumps staff is beginning to question trumps mental facilities; And as his popularity, even on Fox, continues to decline,
people have told me that he will not run in 2020.

You have been singing that same tune since his election, does it hurt?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

"He knows so little about so much.
Its like he doesn't even exist in the real world."

But has done more for Americans than almost every other president. While that speaks for itself, it makes you look weaker than a wet paper sack.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Less than zero’ is wishful thinking on my part. But I do believe the dEms will be relegated to third party status in the 2024 elections if not the 2020’s.
a reply to: Breakthestreak

The dems are the majority right now with registered voters.
and the people who want trump out outnumber the ones who still want him in in the republican party.

You are just wishful thinking here. The democrat party is not going anywhere.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Less than zero’ is wishful thinking on my part. But I do believe the dEms will be relegated to third party status in the 2024 elections if not the 2020’s.

and the people who want trump out outnumber the ones who still want him in in the republican party.

You guys said the same thing a couple of years ago.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

That is a good thing.

I used to read a lot of science fiction. Decades ago called ''Mother of all Storms'' by Johnathan Barnes.
early to mid 90s I think. It had hurricanes so big they could take out a continent. And while back then that notion was ''far out'', by watching how these things are growing into monsters that ''threshold'' of science fiction now does not sound so outlandish.

They fizzle out too fast. I'm in NW Louisiana and when Katrina hit, we barely got any storms out of it. When Rita hit, its path came right through the middle of the Parish next to the Parish I live in and we got storms but nothing out of the ordinary. Both hit about 5 to 6 hours south.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

plethora of butthurt.

Oh, if it were only that simple.

It is. He's done more for this country than most. In the 80's, even those that hate him would admit he's done great but these days everything is too polarized and when you don't like the other guy, you can't find it within yourself to admit when they've done good.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm retired. Every day is a holiday. Every day is the weekend. Every day I can do whatever I want.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Or he just turned on his tv or computer.

Its all over the place.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'm going to reiterate what I quoted you for previously.

So he's unpopular in CA and NY? Big deal. He's more popular in the states that count. Do you know how elections are decided?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It's hard not to be baffled by all the people who constantly believe that everything those of us who criticize Trump are saying is said because we believe the propaganda of the hated MSM. It's hard to not just succumb to the easy assumption that they are rather shallow fools reciting the rhetoric of their ''master''.

I"ts almost as if there is only ''one'' narrative and it must be followed. Cnn bad, Trump good. And what is perplexing about that is that that sounds almost exactly like what his supporters are always claiming about his critics.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yes, I see that tendency LSU and that is why I have written a couple of threads when I find that I agree with him on issues, though admittedly those are few and far between.

This economy, at this moment, does seem to be doing well. And this I give to him. However my question is just how sustainable is it, how long will it last. Is it a long term project or is it just a get rich program for those who can suck the cream off the top of the latte before it goes cold. And this concern is not just because the MSM has been reporting on ''economic projections of down turn'' over the last week or so. It's based on a study of economic growth and spurts and how those have brought about down turns by over investment in short term profit making.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I didnt tell anyone to go away because they were bringing any facts.

They were being a party pooper.

We are having fun making fun of trump. We are having fun going over all the mistakes and misquotes and errors and lies he tells.
No one is making anything up. He actually said and did these things.

If you don't want to join then maybe this isn't the thread for you.

There are plenty of trump devotional threads . Perhaps you will be happier in one of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join