It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump demonstrates ''Presidential Attention Span Deficiency Syndrome

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This thread was removed from the Political Madness Forum and placed in the trash bin.

I was invited to re-post the thread here in the Mud Pit apparently due to it being considered Mud Pit Material.

[snipped]

You see, millions of Americans are bracing for what could end up being the worst hurricane in recorded history. With this disaster looming, and after being briefed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the man at the helm of the nation had this comment to make about it.

"I'm not sure that I've ever even heard of a Category 5. I knew it existed," he said during a Federal Emergency Management Administration briefing, adding: "But a Category 5 is something that — I don't know that I've ever even heard the term other than I know it's there."

www.businessinsider.com...
www.newsweek.com...

The fact that there have been 4 that have threatened the US since he took office including Irma, Micheal and Maria seems to have escaped his awareness.
Anyone else here remember those? Apparently by his own statements, Mr. President, does not.

Making matters worse there was this Presidential Statement in 2017

Trump made a similar comment in 2017, saying of Hurricane Irma at the White House Historical Association dinner that “I never even knew a Category 5 existed.”

www.bloomberg.com...

Here we have the President of the United States, the head honcho in times of crisis that directly threatens millions of Americans and he can only repeat a statement of personal ignorance he stated two years before.

edit on Mon Sep 2 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: comments about staff action were removed

+40 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is why the country actually has knowlegable people in critical positions during these type of events.

He can hand out some box lunches in a couple of weeks.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If we're going to consider this an actual syndrome of Presidents then surely we should go back and look at the previous administrations as well. It's some nice trolling, providing a topic to discuss that leads to nothing except the usual partisan behavior you enjoy. There are certainly things the current administration ought to be criticized for, but this is just childish.

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Crikey we got a sheila with full blown TDS.

danger danger.

Lulz

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

This is my attention span nork nork favorite.

edit on 2-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I think this OP is critical and should be mandatory teaching in all public schools.

This will (in all likelihood) cause the total destruction of the planet.

I can safely say, with all calmness and maturity that we will all die because of Trump and we are now utterly doomed.

And since I used the word, "utterly" it reminded me of cows, and that cows are probably "udderly" doomed.

Stay brave, stay strong. And always use Axe Body Spray, because the babes dig it.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Does it even really matter if Trump claims he never heard of a Cat 5 Hurricane before?
Just as long as FEMA knows what the # it is.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think this OP is critical and should be mandatory teaching in all public schools.

This will (in all likelihood) cause the total destruction of the planet.

I can safely say, with all calmness and maturity that we will all die because of Trump and we are now utterly doomed.

And since I used the word, "utterly" it reminded me of cows, and that cows are probably "udderly" doomed.

Stay brave, stay strong. And always use Axe Body Spray, because the babes dig it.

I'm feeling really 'Triggered' by your post...because I like cows.
They're cute...and have funny boobies.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Cow farts cause climate change, and climate change is racist.
Your support for cows is racist!

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I think you might have pulled some trash out of the bin man...might wanna put this back where it belongs...

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

MSNBC has a montage of clips of him talking about a cat 5.

Did you know that not a lot of people are aware of them? Yup according to the donald.

I thought everybody knew about them but apparently I dont know squat.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Are you speaking for the mods now?

I'd like an explanation from a mod on the matter so I will ask in PM's.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Or toss out rolls of paper towels to the clambering crowds.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

or rolls of paper towels.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ManWhoWasThursday

No need. There is plenty of material with this one.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ManWhoWasThursday

NO. We should take it as a given that past presidents have suffered from this problem. Rehashing it's existence in the past will take us nowhere.

However, this is the president we have now. It is he who is facing the apparently weather driven calamities that we now seem to be facing, not Obama or Clinton or anyone else. Trump is the guy who is in charge NOW and he appears to not be up to the challenge.

What will we do about HIM, not others.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Where's the damn car? Someone has stolen the damn car!

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Oh dear, OP... you're slipping into the abyss of late stage TDS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join