It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gnostic Delusion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
a reply to: Astrocyte

It has been conjectured that not all humans are born with a soul, and unfortunately these people without souls simply cannot know what they cannot know.

That is assumed...the jaw bone of an ass.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If there is no soul then who the hell gets enlightened?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

We all get enlightened along the path of life, if we choose to. If we choose too, we have that right.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

If you read the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali or the Holy science which tell you how to become enlightened and the spiritual characteristics of such a person Id suggest its only available to one in ten million or less yes we all have a divine nature but one lifetime may not be enough

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

If you read the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali or the Holy science which tell you how to become enlightened and the spiritual characteristics of such a person Id suggest its only available to one in ten million or less yes we all have a divine nature but one lifetime may not be enough

No amount of reading will give you the enlightenment that actual life's experience will give.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Yes you have to earn it but halos aren't given out in chip packets

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Yes you have to earn it but halos aren't given out in chip packets

Halos can be seen if you look for them. You can't make that statement because you don't give out the halos.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Aura or halo?

I have not seen a halo in the Western world sorry

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Aura or halo?

I have not seen a halo in the Western world sorry

I have, they are everywhere.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

So we have a plague of Saints then?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

So we have a plague of Saints then?

I would not call them Saints perhaps Good Samaratins.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

www.psychologytoday.com...

5 Surprising Ways That Heroes Improve Our Lives

you wrote

How many people live a life of wanting to be 'a hero' in their own 'story'?

When someone gets fangs and dresses up as a cosplay character, what motivates this behavior - besides garden variety psychopathology?

You continue to view and reduce actions of some minor social group or temporary activity as indicative of society at large.

You have failed miserably in proving or even giving some data as to your claim that cosplay is motivated by psychopathology. Large claims call for more than just words thrown together.

The fundamental importance of the "hero" in our lives shows that you have honed in to a particular mindset as usual, negating the importance of such in our lives.

You may or may not fall into this category, but overall, if you subscribe to a 'coniunctio oppositorum' thinking, combining good and evil in your being i.e. as your actions, then you fit the bill.....

Its thus super-important to know your potential for evil.

Very clever but obvious how you instead of directly answering my objection, you tangentially imply "the evil in me"

Psychology is no science but a modern day rhetoric at the hands of words craftsmen who would push their "beliefs".

You like giving gifts, that's great; how that has anything to do with gnosticism I fail to imagine.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

lol, it's true that my daily reading does influence me. So smart of you to recognize that!
But refer to my last post.

There is nothing "smart" in my recognizing that, its just the observation that you try like most of us to make sense of this world.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Enlightenment is the realization that there is only light.... ever-changing play of light..... Maya/Lila.

The joke is there is nothing other... just the light that is everpresent.

No one gets enlightened..... because there actually isn't anyone or anything separate...... there is just this that is.... whatever is happening.

Words and language make believe there is more..... but they just tell stories about someone in time...... where is time?

If there is no time then how can there be separation?

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum
No thing was born so no thing will die.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: khnum
No thing was born so no thing will die.

I was told the same exact thing by a channeller once, which would imply that if we can claim our soul as singluar that it may or may not be everlasting. If we cannot claim it as singular, then it belongs to 'all', which may or may not be everlasting?

Sometimes I feel time move in slowmo, and sometimes I feel it move double time. Do you feel time move IINA?

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once." Or do you, IINA, believe that everything happens at once?
edit on 19CDT08America/Chicago00580830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 19CDT08America/Chicago00780830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What is happening is all there is.

Time is an idea (concept) that happens.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Nobody ever gets enlightened.

"If you have the choice between a million dollars, and enlightenment: pick the million dollars.
Because if you get the million dollars: there will be someone there, to enjoy the million dollars.
But if you get the enlightenment: there's no-one there, to enjoy the enlightenment." -- Jed McKenna.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join