It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayonnaise or Sour cream?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

I still put mayo on Taco meat

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm a man of taste!

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

a reply to: yeahright
I know that the sour cream I get is more Greek yoghurtish like, it actually is made by a Greek company. With a bit of chives but not too much.

Only time when I use mayo myself is for my "instant" burger sauce. It is ketchup, mayo, curry, black pepper (fresh ground), red hot peppers, a bit of salt, and oregano. The oregano makes the people crave it, it has a natural appetizer inside. Sometimes I chop a few onions and a bit of garlic and fry them glassy.. but I do this more often when I cook the real sauce with fresh tomatoes, because the idea of the instant sauce is kind of a time thing.

I never tried mayo on chips, I will try if I have both around the next time. I guess it kind of works against the spices on the chips.

Wait, where are you from, with chips, do you mean like American/French fries or the snack version, thin slices?

It really depends. If the fries do not have any taste then I drown them in a dip. But if they are crispy and have the flavor, then a bit of salt and I am happy.

We have a dish here called salt-butter-potatoe, but most call them salt potatoes. You cook potatoes in very salty water with the skin on and then you unskin them after they are done. Then you serve them plain but provide salt and butter slices.
Crack the potato open and put a slice of butter on top of it, watch how it melts into the potato.

I like it when the spices or ingredients enhance each other instead of drowning out each flavor on top of each other.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

England, fries are chips here and chips are crisps. Mayo doesn't kill the spices, at least in my opinion, just adds to it.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

If the fries do not have any taste then I drown them in a dip.

If the fries have no taste I just won't eat them. I have had some really s####y, soggy, nasty limp fries that were not worth eating.

We have a dish here called salt-butter-potatoe

On the rare occasion I eat potatoes, it's similar: boiled red potatoes with the skin on, then when done eat them in a bowl with salt, pepper, butter, and sometimes sour cream.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

England, fries are chips here and chips are crisps.

That is why I ask, thought you mean crisps first because here they are called chips like you wrote. Yes of course, on fries/chips, no spices to be covered so forget my message

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Not soggy wet, I mean, just tasteless.

I like to grill the whole potatoes that I marinated with tomato, spices, herbs and olive oil before. I prefer the little ones and use what I have around from the last visit to the farm. They have two sorts, creamy cooking and hard cooking. I normally eat them with sour cream. I have heard of those red potato before and will try them.

I do steak and potato, I normally only need sour cream and maybe a bit garlic butter for the meat. A good whiskey or a dry red wine. Mhmmm
edit on 4-9-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join