It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Greek concept of “anakyklosis”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Lumenari

Well I am counting the revolutionary war as the step from tyranny to aristocracy...

They literally left asking, and were ruled by the “best of society”.. the politicians, generals and businessmen who won the war..

Then you're an idiot.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

So, you're being pedantic.

News flash you don't get to define a word and then think the entire world will adhere to your personal definition.

The US is a Democracy and has been defined as one for 250 years. Is it a Direct Democracy? Nope, but then I never said it was and OP didn't say it was.

Thinking your cleverer than everyone on this thread doesn't actually make you clever at all.

Try reading some documents by Adams, Monroe, Jefferson and the like where repeatedly it is said to be a form of Democracy.

I notice you had nothing legitimate to say regarding my post. Thanks for playing.

I blame your education for making you think multiple choice was a form of essay.
edit on 1-9-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Lumenari is not interested in an actual intelligent discussion.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Benjamin Franklin was the one that said "It's a Republic, If you can keep it."

I didn't tell him to say that and I certainly didn't define it.

But keep typing, if it makes you feel better...

Doesn't make you right, it just makes you look... silly.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

Lumenari is not interested in an actual intelligent discussion.

Perhaps your definition of intelligence is somewhat lacking...

Have a nice night sweety... hope you get better at this someday.

~Wavin~

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

What we all learned was your discussion skills are certainly lacking.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Charismatic leader? That would not be Trump. Sounds more like Obama, he was what I would consider a Charismatic for sure.

If this craziness is not put in check the USA will fall into chaos. A country divided cannot stand.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

That would have been the tyranny period imho..

I mean really it wasn’t, but that is what the founding fathers told themselves lol

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Excellent counterpoint.. for a child..

Or maybe trump, I guess lol..

That seems about his speed.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Can you name one conservative on ATS that is interested in an intelligent conversation???

All I ever get is logical fallacies and pithy BS comments WITHOUT ANYTHING RESEMBLING A COUNTERPOINT, and yet some how they feel like they “nailed it!”

Lol..

The truest sad part is the “worst conservative shills “on ATS are all mods..

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Gothmog

ITV was the same human beings who once followed a king they considered a tyrant, right???

Then they went and formed a republic and put themselves in charge?? Right??

That’s an aristocracy..

Then the planters and planters and robber barrons held all the power after their deaths..

Before the civil war and an actual representative democracy kicks in..

That is literally play by play..

Wrong. All wrong.
Not only do you need to learn history , but learn some definitions of the words...

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

It’s ruled by the mob though isn’t it?

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well awesome then actually include a counterpoint.....

It seriously is ONLY conservatives who will post an ad hominem type pithy response WITH NO ACTUAL COUNTERPOINT, and some how feel like they nailed it...

It is frustrating, but more than that it is just disappointing..

People go on forums for a little back and forth..

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The interesting thing is on most Political Models I'm solidly in the Libertarian Right-of-Center group.

I would have enjoyed an interesting discussion regarding the rule of one, few and many and how the evolution and/or cycle creates nations.

Had the other poster even bothered to understand Anacyclosis then the term Democracy wouldn't have been the hill to die on as Anacyclosis is basically the cycling of Monarchy, Aristocracy, and Democracy. James Wilson, founding father, signer of the Declaration, and original member of SCOTUS even used Anacyclosis at the Constitutional Convention when he said:

The three species of government are the monarchical, aristocratical and democratical. In a monarchy, the supreme power is vested in a single person; in an aristocracy by a body not formed upon the principle of representation, but enjoying their station by descent, or election among themselves, or in right of some personal or territorial qualifications; and lastly, in a democracy, it is inherent in a people, and is exercised by themselves or their representatives.

I doubt there is any historian who doesn't recognize Wilson and Madison as the preeminent political theorists at the Convention.

Not that this thread was about anyone else's misunderstanding that a Democracy only means Direct. Or that say a Monarchy only means Absolute. The point of my original post was that sometimes good-ol' Mob Rule gets results and need not be considered one of the Three Forms under Anacyclosis nor does it necessarily follow Democracy.

I see Hong Kong as attempting this sort of political evolution in the American Vein.

I think on some levels Anti-fa thinks Mob Rule will result in a Pure Democracy, but I do not subscribe to that idea.

On to your other post: I think the Colonial "Mob" was reacting to what they veiwed as Tyrannical rule and fortunately for all they were disciplined enough to create the world's best form of government out of the Mob Rule.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join