It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurzgesagt's Animation Short Based On Andy Weir's "The Egg" Short Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
While browsing on YouTube today, I came upon a fascinating animated short film entitled "The Egg," which is based on the short story of the same name, written by Andy Weir. The film was posted today and already has close to a million views. Weir gave Munich-based animation studio, Kurzgesagt, his blessing to make this 8 minute film, which, according to the studio, took more than two years to make.

According to Wikipedia, "The Egg" has been translated into over 30 languages and is about God and the concept "that 'you' are, in fact constantly reincarnated across time, and that all human beings who have ever lived and will ever live are incarnations of 'you'."

I'm not sure about the concept of reincarnation, however this short animated film really opened my eyes on the possibility. I hope you enjoy this animated short as much as I did.

edit on 9/1/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Hey I know this story but in a slightly different form. I retold it sometimes and it baffles people from time to time. You should have left the ending a secret, those who do not know the story will want to experience it.

Now I know where it originates, thank you

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
once, when i was much younger and more idealistic, i was sitting at the computer playing a video game when i was suddenly swept up in a simple vision that affected me deeply....

... i looked through the sliding-glass door and saw a person, then immediately, my perspective switched over to that person and i was looking at myself through the other side of the glass door...

.... all at once, i realized that i am he and he is me and i opened the door and gave me (him) a big hug. i learned a lot about loving myself and also loving the other as myself...

.. exactly as is shown in the short film you posted.

my younger more idealistic self thanks you for posting it.

namaste.

join