It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not enough babies being born

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

The smart ones are.

It turns out 50+ years of mandatory quarterly gains made EVERYTHING too expensive for the youngest generation(s). What did we think was going to happen when a 3/2 house went from three times the average person's salary to five times the average household salary?

I mean, duh.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Look at the giant texas sized trash in the ocean. I think we got enough people on ths planet producing waste.

We definitely need less. Musk is saying this predicting that AI will radically change our future.

There is no reason we need to be poppin out more babies. Traffic already sucks.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: edward777

Watch the first five minutes of idiocracy.
The stupid people are churning out babies.

Idiocracy is on to something!
edit on 1-9-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Do we need more people?

(post by worldstarcountry removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Replacements?

What does this have to to with borders btw?

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Do we need more people?

There is actually a movement that AOC endorses and some pop music artists endorse, which ask that very question.
They say that humans should not reproduce so the earth can heal. It is called the Voluntary Human Extinction movement.

Actually, in the short term, yes, we need more young people, so the economy doesn't implode
when there aren't enough young people to pay for the elder care.

Japan is going through this.

The depopulation is happening for several reasons:

Children have become an expensive and very optional luxury

Working women are too tired and overworked to care for children at the rate we need to keep a stable population.

Young people are losing interest in sex. Yes, it's true. They are having sex later, marrying later or not marrying, and having the first child so late in life it makes it difficult to have another (children are a hell of a lot of work even if you aren't older; the first wears you down if you are older and makes it difficult to even consider another).

The rise of sex robots. Men say that their robots won't get old and ugly like a wife would. Kinda forgetting they will get old and ugly too. But as AI improves so will sex robots and humans will have a hard time resisting a partner that is programmed to be their perfect partner in every way.

Social media, video games, and other media that young adults spend more time with than ever before in history, and less time with other people than ever before in history. You have to actually interact with another to have a child.

There is a collective unconscious realization that with the rise of AI, the world needs far far fewer humans. Most humans at first will not be able to get jobs or have productive lives. The only solution to the rise in AI and robotics is a greatly reduced population.

One thing it is not: a conspiracy to eliminate white people - the US is actually stealing young adults to prop up the social security and medicare programs.
Without massive immigration the economy would collapse under the weight of so few native young adults caring for the largest group of retired US citizens in history.

There will be a huge negative consequence for the poor countries who are losing young adults to the US, they won't be there to help support their elderly and their countries will become poorer and poorer with fewer and fewer intelligent people, spiraling those poor countries into massive collapse.

edit on 9/1/19 by The2Billies because: grammar

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The white people soon will be a minority in the USA.

This is the fear at the heart of all this border talk. That none of you want to say out loud.

Hate to tell you but... that is the very definition of racism.

edit on 912019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: mamabeth

Replacements?

What does this have to to with borders btw?

To spell it out for you. Pew projects immigrants to account for 82% of the population increase between 2005 and 2050. That’s what it has to do with open boarders. And guess what.... you get to pay for the majority of their medical, education and welfare. Hell of a deal isn’t it? Better get your kids prepared for a prosperous career because they’re going to be the ones paying for them for many years to come.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I'm sure the Chinese will pick up the slack.

Its all economics, very poor make a lot of kids because they can work/earn for the family. As a family moves into middle class by world standards they stop having so many because they turn into liabilities. Places like America, China, Japan, EU etc all have neg population growth now. Add in the young don't even want to get married much less have kids, and part is cost, but it also lifestyle and kids would screw that up.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Well, not exactly. The current millennial and Z generations are more than enough to prop up the aging boomer population. beyond that, Gen X is so small, a handful of iPhone apps will meet most of their basic needs.

We don't need to prop up anything after that because the M's and Zeds will never grow old. :p

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Ya, it would be quite difficult till us boomers get through the system. But, my high school class has a facebook group and tries to keep track of how many have left us...
It seems that we are leaving as fast as we can.. and we haven't reached social security age yet.
But after that? Less resources needed, less crowded cities, less unemployment possibly unless we take measures to maintain the population to the point were we have this kind of large number of idle workers. Smaller family size means children get more attention at home, children spaced out a few years mean healthier children and mothers. Smaller class size along with computers helping in the teaching means smarter children.
The heavily populated northeast needs to be bulldozed over and left to rest, heck a bunch of mushroom planted probably would be helpful. Its infrastructure is the oldest in the country, its soil and waterways badly polluted..
We could start relocating and rebuilding using modern tech and engineering designs better suited for the world that is to come.
We just have to get over the boomer bump.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Thank-you for answering her royal highness for me,saves
me from responding.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I'm sure the Chinese will pick up the slack.

The Chinese government has been desperately promoting childbirth since the effectiveness of it 'one child policy' actually caused massive reduction in the birthrate.

Now, Chinese births are at such a low level that most of the country will most likely become unsustainable for the actual population. Any attempt to remedy the problem lags way behind the current situation and once the birthrate falls below a certain percentage, it will enter almost unstoppable free-fall (if there aren't any children, then they can't mature to become parents).

China Stepping Up Measures to Boost the Birth Rate - Population Research Institute

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm to damn busy to have kids and # gets more expensive every year, having a kid is just not on the radar

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I doubt it. It costs 51 thousand to aquirt one out, and then you got childcare. Peepz cant afford it. And i didnt know this but the us has the highest maternal death rate of any western nation.

So to summarize...kids are to poor and too scared to have kids.

not a chance in hell I could afford it, I work in IT making good money (compared to most) and I can't afford it. I have a tiny 1 bedroom apartment and a new car because I had to commute for 8 months this year and needed something reliable. If I had to add having a kid into the mix I wouldn't have been able to make the sacrifice to find the good IT job.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Lol.. it's the curse of us teaching our kids to be smart and not have kids they cant afford..
No grandkids for me!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Its illogical to have kids right now child care cost what most jobs pay and I'm already so f**** busy where am I going to find time

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Ya, the only way you can afford to have kids is to be so poor you qualify for govt assistance or getting above average pay..

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Pretty much

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join