It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Happy to Be Here.......... The Intro

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Well,

it's only taken me about 12 years or so to finally bite the bullet and join up.......... I always held the view, just as Groucho had said, " I wouldn't wanna join any club that would have me as a member", or some such.

Anyhoos......... Here be I.

There's just too much going on in this World of ours to say silent anymore. I was a little saddened that I had to create a 'social media' account to be able to join-up here
I'm one of 'them'....... You know the type....... No social media of any type, a deep distrust of my mobile phone (even though I have 0 apps on it, just calls and texts), black tape over the pin-hole camera on this laptop........ Yeah, I'm one of those dudes!

But then again, I've had RealWorld experience, I've been on the receiving-end of what all of that data, meta-data, and how it can be used to paint any picture 'they' want, and how that picture can be used against you. I've yet to go out and purchase 25mtrs of tin foil, so I suppose there is still hope for me, but yeah, I'm one for per-sec and the UFO/Alien question.

So, that's it really. Great to be aboard this crazy ship and all of it's crew.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TotoMesch

Welcome aboard Toto.

The rabbit hole goes deep here, stay Frosty...

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Thank you BestinShow, thanks for the welcome.

Can someone answer me a question please? Where in Hades name do I go to change some of my account settings, avatar etc?

Thanking you in advance.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Ha! This place can be cryptic as n terms of functionality...

In the top ribbon, hit the down arrow icon, fifth from right, then “Account”

After that it gets more confusing, so hopefully you are already stoned or buzzed, otherwise this may become chaotic.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The site owner here reckons that FB , GooG et al , RUN THE WORLD . It's a figure of speech I suppose - he can't change his own site without their permissions , apparently , however that works .

Oneall / allone - in the same pen together like sheep hemmed in by social fencework - not just we serfs but including poiiticians , judges , doctors lawyers ....policemen ? , businesspeople , and everyone else - teachers ,social workers , healthcare staff , psychiatrists ,prison officers , and even the cyberists ? and even , the military staffs top to bottom , the King and Queen , be they from Guatamala or outer Mongolia or just up the road . All these need to go through the gooG route just to participate on ats . Or is just that if you don't go through the designated doors to the festival site you don't get in at all ? Even Trump needs to tweet , and he has to do his banking somehow too .

Anyhow welcome fellow technophobe - I tried to flag but it's denied and told me 'fail' :

no repurchases , that bit of info or anything else
edit on 1-9-2019 by PrinceRegent because: add prison officers

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

Ha! This place can be cryptic as n terms of functionality...

In the top ribbon, hit the down arrow icon, fifth from right, then “Account”

After that it gets more confusing, so hopefully you are already stoned or buzzed, otherwise this may become chaotic.

Yeah, you're not wrong there are you!

I've managed to upload some pics to ATS, just about to navigate my way round to posting them as avatars.......... Wish me luck, I'm going in !!!

Thanks for your help man.

Mucho apreciado.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS TotoMesch , enjoy your stay and FYI tin foil is nowhere as good as Mylar for protection against the thought control waves , Mylar also makes for a more comfortable adornment.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceRegent

The site owner here reckons that FB , GooG et al , RUN THE WORLD . It's a figure of speech I suppose - he can't change his own site without their permissions , apparently , however that works .

Oneall / allone - in the same pen together like sheep hemmed in by social fencework - not just we serfs but including poiiticians , judges , doctors lawyers ....policemen ? , businesspeople , and everyone else - teachers ,social workers , healthcare staff , psychiatrists , and even the cyberists and even , the military staffs top to bottom , the King and Queen , be they from Guatamala or outer Mongolia or just up the road . All these need to go through the gooG route just to participate on ats . Or is just that if you don't go through the designated doors to the festival site you don't get in at all ? Even Trump needs to tweet , and he has to do his banking somehow too .

Anyhow welcome fellow technophobe - I tried to flag but it's denied and told me 'fail' :

no repurchases , that bit of info or anything else

I hear you PrinceRegent.

Thanks for the wise words and the welcome. I'm not a technophobe per se.......... I just like to try and keep my eye on 'it', as much as 'it's' keeping an eye on us....... Which is just about impossible, but I do my bit. You wouldnae believe the lengths I've gone to, some are extremely detrimental to my very self, to the way in which I function in this bloody system we find ourselves in, but............ A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Welcome to ATS TotoMesch , enjoy your stay and FYI tin foil is nowhere as good as Mylar for protection against the thought control waves , Mylar also makes for a more comfortable adornment.

Heh!

Thanks gortex.

I'll keep that in mind.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Like the idea but why does mylar work ? If it's a smiliar Faraday style reason like a metal layer , you could pin some pieces to a bedsheet and protect your organs from the rf s at night ?

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

No worries bud , one day back in time then google's bone fide motto was 'don't be evil' , that's honestly true , perhaps partly in reflection of the fact that the powers google would gain would be unprecedented and literally enormous .

We'll have to just not worry about it it's something too massive to cause actual personal concern - those others on that list will have to iron out their privacy issues with google - and they have more teeth .

By the way I've put you a flag out now : could be that you have put 20 posts until you can .

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

DBL post , sometimes theres a glitch about this time of the 24 hour day
edit on 1-9-2019 by PrinceRegent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

No worries bud , one day back in time then google's bone fide motto was 'don't be evil' , that's honestly true , perhaps partly in reflection of the fact that the powers google would gain would be unprecedented and literally enormous .

We'll have to just not worry about it it's something too massive to cause actual personal concern - those others on that list will have to iron out their privacy issues with google - and they have more teeth .

By the way I've put you a flag out now : could be that you have put 20 posts until you can .

Thanks man.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Gr8 wrk on the flying under the radar routine it can only serve you well in time..

Maintaining that mindset and not revealing through comfort more etc is paramount.

Nothing but trouble from real data disclosure - so disclosing that your normally data/tech rookie is actually probably mistake no1 ???. (If you get my drift)

But enjoy the site☺ - lot's of crazy intelligent people here but also some just plain crazy. (Well not really).

See ya in the funny papers.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Black tape brigade...

Why, I can tell by the way ya worded the title....you....
You have a great spirit.......how cool

Welcome to the fellowship site.....my buddy! Hey, did they tell ya yet?

The new guy has to drive the crazy ship all week...yeah, stuff like that.....kiddin

That's for the rookies, you however.....project a pro image ...
edit on 1-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 1-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here today gone tomorrow
edit on 1-9-2019 by PrinceRegent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Wow, we could be twins. I am a firm believer in the black electrical tape over cameras on phones & tablets. That stuff works like a charm and stays on forever.

Only the sane people are paranoid.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Gr8 wrk on the flying under the radar routine it can only serve you well in time..

Maintaining that mindset and not revealing through comfort more etc is paramount.

Nothing but trouble from real data disclosure - so disclosing that your normally data/tech rookie is actually probably mistake no1 ???. (If you get my drift)

But enjoy the site☺ - lot's of crazy intelligent people here but also some just plain crazy. (Well not really).

See ya in the funny papers.

Hah..........

Thanks for the words CthruU.

No mistake there man, that's just the surface, the shiny stuff that I'm happy for peeps to know about.......... Keep 'em guessing, that's the name of the game.

à bientôt.

edit on 1-9-2019 by TotoMesch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Here today gone tomorrow

Et moi?

Surely not?

'Here' today....... Maybe so, seeing as I've just joined.

But

I've been a perusing this site for about 10 years man....... There are a lot of members that I feel like I 'know'. My main interests lie in the UFO/Alien forum and the Aviation boards. That's why I've finally done it, There are some burning questions and info I feel will be valuable to various discussions ongoing.

If that post wasn't aimed in my direction PrinceRegent, well there's another facet of my personality posted, maybe the compunction to over-explain ones self, no?

à bientôt

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Black tape brigade...

Why, I can tell by the way ya worded the title....you....
You have a great spirit.......how cool

Welcome to the fellowship site.....my buddy! Hey, did they tell ya yet?

The new guy has to drive the crazy ship all week...yeah, stuff like that.....kiddin

That's for the rookies, you however.....project a pro image ...

Ahaaaaa.......... Nice to finally say "hello" to you GBP/JPY.

I've read many, many threads where you participate, over the years. We share a common interest on certain topics, I'm sure our paths will cross in the not-too-distant future. Looking forward to it.

Thank you too, GBP/JPY, for the kind words.

à bientôt

top topics

<<   2 >>

join