It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is raising your taxes today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ScepticScot

The idea that China is an currency manipulator seems to a political move by the administration to justify the tariffs. Neither the IMF nor the treasury departments own reports agreed.

China has been manipulating currency for decades; that's how they built their entire economy.

There are some things in life that simply are, and cannot be changed. Winters are cold in Russia. Sean Hannity is a Republican. Bears are dangerous. And China manipulates their currency.

If you can't even admit to something that has been common knowledge for 50 years, there is no way to continue this debate.

TheRedneck

It might be common knowledge but China doesnt meet the US's own standards for being classified as a currency manipulator. As recently as the May the Treasury confirmed this.

All countries manipulate currency to some degree or other. Trump recently called for the Fed to reduce interest rates to reduce the value of the dollar.

The recent classification of China as currency manipulator seems politically motivated to provide justification for the tariffs rather than the tarrifs being introduced to combat China being a currency manipulator.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Whatever. Let me know when someone gets charged a tariff at checkout.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Most people including me know Chinese make junk for you have to replace it in a year. Take the "weed eaters", the string itself cost 10 bucks, where is it made, not sure but its only fishing line.

In China, a contract is only a "suggestion". But Americans don't know that .

Don't bring your factories to China.
I would never bring "my" if I went that route, guitar building in China. NEVER.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

So he will be met with liberal praise right? Or are tax cuts bad when trump does them and tax hikes are also bad when trump does them?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Whatever. Let me know when someone gets charged a tariff at checkout.

Let me know when someone gets charged corporation tax at checkout.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Trump needs to stop upping the tariffs, the nation can't afford it, literally.

Even with the tariffs, China is cheaper-which sucks because I wanted a bonafide American made BC Rich guitar, then I learned that they don't export anymore! In fact the only American product I owned was a bottle of sriracha sauce (a damn good sauce IMO.)

Even my Smithsonian replica combustion engine-a great American institution, products they sell? Made in China. I'm not saying America can't produce great products, it's just that there is not enough of them to compete, like my guitar problem, no imports mean I would have to ship one, and the price of shipping could buy me an extra guitar, Japanese preferably (they make good axes)

The 'Built by America' only works in the states, not the world. Sure you do have them droolworthy steaks (not as good as ours but that's biased) but still it's not exported. You have your hardly rideables (sorry Harley Davidson) and Ford. That's it.

I would like to buy more American products, but the cost of importing them is not worth the loss. One bottle of sauce, that's it.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Refuting straw men is fun!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join