It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Intersting information on the properties of water that I thought you guys might find interesting. I got these passages from Quest For The Unknown : Earth's Mysterious Places.

Whether or not water has some sort of memory has been the focus of several controversial experiments. In 1988, French immunologist Jacques Benveniste and his colleagues caused a furor within the scientific community when they claimed that they had observed white blood cells reacting to antibody molecules. They suggested that perhaps water "remembered" the structure of the antibody and could act as a "mold" for it, affecting white bloood cells with which it was mixed. Benveniste's theory would, if proven explain why the scientifically derided practice of homeopathy works. ( In homeopathy, extremely dilute solutions of substances that provoke certain diseases are said to be effective in treating those very diseases.) However, although Benveniste's work has been duplicated at laboratories in various countries thoughout the world, his results remain highly controversial.

In his paper Water Friend or Foe? (1985) Dr. Cyril Smith of Salford Univeristy England, claims that water can memorize the electrical frequencies to which it is exposed.

American physicist Fred Alan Wolf, wirting in the book Mind and the New Physics (1984), suggests that water may even explain the mystery of the way memory is stored in the brain. He believes that microscopic drops of water present the synapses (connections between brain cells) may help elctrochemical signals to pass between the cells.

In the 1930's German engineer Theodor Schwenk conducted experiments in which he shook a number of bottles of water beofre, during, and after a solar eclipse. When he germinated wheat grains in the bottles, he reported significant stunting in those grians that were germinated in the water shaken during the eclipse. He therefore concluded that water is a highly receptive medium "open to the cosmos".

Sorry for any spelling/gramatical errors I had to type this from the book I couldn't copy or paste anything.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
There is of course the most recent experiments by a Japanese researcher who photographed Ice crystals of water under various circumstances and found that they seem to respond to human emotion.

We are over 70% water, so why not?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Have you ever heard the theory that beer is water's way of getting from one place to another?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
when i first came upon this topic, i thought it was gonna be about something like heavy water.

my mom spoke of drinking some extremely dense and gloppy well water once, not sure if thats the same thing though

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final

...In his paper Water Friend or Foe? (1985) Dr. Cyril Smith of Salford Univeristy England, claims that water can memorize the electrical frequencies to which it is exposed...

I am not surprised that it does...for that seem to one of the basic funcion of water...by assuming the shape, in which it is being contained...or interact with..

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Seems like alot of claims are being made over two atoms of hydrogen and one of oxygen

Thats the cool thing though, there is so much detail in the quantum that we cannot yet understand that keeps science going and geting more exciting with every moment.

There was a movie caleld "what the bleep do we know?"

a section went into how a monk had meditatied on different words and thought for different glasses of water, and the structures of, lets say "hate" and "love" changed on a molecular level...then think of how much water the human body is made up of, it is very interesting.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yeah theres some sort of connection between the human body and water, like it was mentioned we are over 70% water. Hard water that does sound familiar.......I dunno from where but I have some wierd notion in my head that it has an extra hydrogen in it or something like that.

new topics

top topics

join