It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase in Mass Shooting Events in the United States

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

It worked in the 1930s

I really said that to point out that just because something happened in 2012, it doesn't mean it's connected to an increase in mass shootings.
edit on 1-9-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

What could have caused such an increase?

Social media?

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
There is no statistical increase in mass shootings, just an increase in the number reported on national teevee

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yeah, social media, that's a good one. Not to mention violence in movies and video games.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
There is no statistical increase in mass shootings, just an increase in the number reported on national teevee

No, I found data that supports a statistical increase, although I had thought of that as the main reason.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
and i found a source that says otherwise.

archive.boston.com...

The definitions are VERY important in picking and choosing to get the stats shown.

edit on 1-9-2019 by dubiousatworst because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Does that Wiki figure define all mass shootings equally? Just trying to wrap my head around trying to figure out the exact figures based on how a police report would be written in the 80's and 90's such as gang violence, vs how it's tallied now as a mass shooting.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
and i found a source that says otherwise.

archive.boston.com...

The definitions are VERY important in picking and choosing to get the stats shown.

Very good. Thank you. Although that only uses stats up to 2012 when the increase started to get way worse.
edit on 1-9-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Does that Wiki figure define all mass shootings equally? Just trying to wrap my head around trying to figure out the exact figures based on how a police report would be written in the 80's and 90's such as gang violence, vs how it's tallied now as a mass shooting.

Another good point to consider, thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Thank-you for showing how definitions of "Mass Shootings" vary, depending on the agenda being pushed.

Logically, "Mass Shootings" should be when x number of people are shot by a single shooter, or multiple related shooters.

By that definition, there is likely a "mass shooting" every few days in America, depending on how large the "x" is set.

Here in Chicago we had a mass shooting about 6 hours ago. Five Shot. 2 of them died, while on the front porch.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yeah, social media, that's a good one. Not to mention violence in movies and video games.

I can't help thinking, it's part of the puzzle..perhaps in very specific example's where all the pieces come together.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

August 1, 1966. A rare and shocking event at that time, one I was too young to have remembered.

Yeah I disagree with lumping Texas 66 in with the mass shootings that
started in the 90's. The Bell tower I would call an isolated incident.
Perpetrated by a man who clearly couldn't help himself do to large
tumor on his brain. I remember how all the vicious things people
normally say about mass murdering shooters suddenly ended.
Only after it was revealed the guy was driven out of his mind
by a disease. Everyone found out it wasn't his fault and moved
on.

edit on 1-9-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Big Pharma and pushing heavy drugs to the masses who are increasingly dealing with psych issues.

As well, take a look at some of the mass killers. Some of them have links to CIA, or links to various research facilities with heavy involvement in MKULTRA style mental manipulation studies.

For example: The Unabomber

When mass murderer Ted Kaczynski was a 16-year-old undergraduate student at Harvard, he took part in a behavioral engineering project run by the CIA. A certain mind bending drug was given out.

James Holmes, Aurora CO movie theater shooting

Shooter James Holmes had a number of links to U.S. government-funded research centers, including the Defense Advance Research Projects Agency, or DARPA.

James Holmes was one of six recipients of a National Institutes of Health Neuroscience Training Grant at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in Denver.

Holmes also worked as a research assistant intern at the Salk Institute at the University of California at San Diego in La Jolla. The Salk Institute teamed up with DARPA, Columbia University, University of California at San Francisco, University of Wisconsin at Madison, Wake Forest University, and the candy bar company Mars “to prevent fatigue in combat troops through the enhanced use of epicatechina, a blood flow-increasing and blood vessel-dilating anti-oxidant flavanol found in cocoa and, particularly, in dark chocolate,” according to Madsen’s research.

The DARPA program was part of the military’s “Peak Soldier Performance Program,” which involved engineering brain-machine interfaces for battlefield use and other bionic projects.

In addition, James Holmes’ father, Dr. Robert Holmes, worked for San Diego-based HNC Software, Inc., a company that worked with DARPA to develop “cortronic neural networks” that enable machines to translate aural and visual stimuli and simulate human thinking.

The Holmes family appears to have deep connections to the military-industrial complex. Lt. Col. Robert Holmes, the grandfather of James Holmes, was a graduate Turkish language graduates of the Army Language School, later the Defense Language Institute, in Monterey, California (the same military installation, incidentally, where alleged 9/11 hijacker Saeed Alghamdi trained).

While Sirhan Sirhan wasn't a mass shooter, he did kill a Kennedy and was in the same CIA funded project that Ted Kaczynski was in apparently, given doses of same drug.

And didn't the Las Vegas shooter also have some sort of connection to the CIA through weapons deals?

The guy that bombed the Murrow building in OKC was apparently involved in some serious black ops stuff while in the military. His family said he couldn't, or wouldn't, talk about what he was doing and became more and more withdrawn and distant.

I don't know, but there seems to be far too many connections there for comfort. Person is involved with CIA/military, they later go insane and people die.
edit on 9/1/2019 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I wonder what the numbers look like, when comparing mass shootings with anti-depressant prescription rates.

I think it is time to confront big pharma; their fingerprints are all over most of these tragedies...

Add to that the constant barage of propaganda and institutions of higher learning who teach nothing more than hate and degeneracy.....

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What could have caused such an increase?

Social media?

I feel like that, coupled with the way a mass shooter is glorified in the MSM, with their names being put with other glorified killers.

If the second a killer did his thing, their name was hidden and identity erased, it would lessen these events. The killer wants to go down in infamy. Which is why he/she killed others as well as themselves. If there was nothing to look forward to, perhaps they would not go down that road.

Just a thought.

Snookie, you should get out of politics. You sound like you might not be a daft as you seem over there.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Culture in decline. Desperation. Isolation. Bad economy. Perpetual war. Political disenfranchisement. Propaganda. Advertising. "Social" media.

None of these nourish the human soul.

The worse it gets the more people snap.

Guns have always been here. Something else is new.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
the Deep State/ Shadow Government/ MIC/ Globalist-Elites even the 4th Reich... All, Arms or Tentacles of the Beast-from-the-Sea (the Leviathon) are the cause for the elevated number of mass shootings

Chaos is on the rise by deliberate, willful Design

besides, Is there not some Astrological period of time involved in this...the events-of-discord, likely brought on by the outer planets such as Neptune, Uranus. Pluto ??

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Red pills cause of mass shootings.

mass shootings related to false flags , related to people that are waking up. Seeing that Fakestream media is presenting a reality that is constructed to enslave humanity.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Obviously I have noticed a real trend here, but I wonder why? What could have caused such an increase? What happened beginning around 2012 to have this progress the way it has?

Obama was re-elected, so the terms "racist" and "Islamophobic" snowballed until the "victims" of both couldn't stand it any longer and snapped.

edit on 1-9-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I have only two words:

AGENDA
DRIVEN

You are probably right on some level. However, the agenda would not exist or have any power at all if there wasn't substantial reason for it.

The way you become a leader is to find a parade and step in front of it. I know many people including myself who would prefer a public policy regulating high capacity high rate of fire weaponry.

edit on 1-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join