It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Ga-Ga

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Through the dust, wind, and searing heat...another season passes. The chirps on the radio when someone calls from the distance. It's always something. There's always something going on. Someone's calling...can't see them; they're off in the distance somewhere. Just a simple question sometimes, other times complicated, and then there's the night. The radios are on all the time.

They say they'll go 36 miles. We're licensed so we can run higher power, from a tower. I don't know if they will, but they'll broadcast pretty far.

Every night, 24/7 the radios call.

Sometimes it's just to say all is okay. Sometimes not.

Sometimes just a simple call to the wife to see if she's all good. Sometimes a call "Will you be home tonight???

"Where are the dogs???. Bulls out...on fence. Picking up cows now...home later.

Sometimes we get crosstalk from some mall-rat somewhere who got separated from his mom 100 miles away in town.

It's all good. The cows are safe, the fences strong...but it's all just "Radio Ga-GA"

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I used to snaff out radio trolls with a 5mw signal, which was illegal back in the day.. they hated the hum. KZ the scag can eat a whopper.

times are a changin'....

Never channel 5 though. UHF emergency channel.

I'm probably speaking guff, but it's only half way through hangover day here... most people are still at church.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Sorry... it's still here.

join