It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not everybody has to have a soul

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SourceTruth

I read a book recently titled 'Flat Mind'. The author postulates and sets out to show that our minds really have no depth at all, that everything is surface only. There is no 'inner you', no subconscious, no soul, no 'heartfelt' feelings. To me, the author succeeded in describing a soulless human, being one such himself no doubt. I'm indebted because now I have no doubts that soulless people do live among us.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: shanjuran

I read a book recently titled 'Flat Mind'. The author postulates and sets out to show that our minds really have no depth at all, that everything is surface only. There is no 'inner you', no subconscious, no soul, no 'heartfelt' feelings. To me, the author succeeded in describing a soulless human, being one such himself no doubt. I'm indebted because now I have no doubts that soulless people do live among us.

Actually, I would argue the opposite. The soul is all that there is. The soul is what is experiencing the external reality through the body, but all of the information that makes up this matrix exists within the soul itself, and the soul experiences this information as reality.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wouldn't that mean that some people dont have free will...
If I am even understanding what is meant by matrix. To have a soul I guess would mean that we are merely avatars controls be something other than the programming running the matrix while the soulless would be like the characters in a computer game that are there just to give you an enemy to defeat, or a message providing you with information, ect. Or, maybe we are the soulless, under the illusion of having free will and the ones that have souls are the intruders into the matrix.
I'm guessing you are going with the first option and that the soulless are those few that come in who's lives are pretty much predestined, because they are part of the program.. Lucifer, moses, jesus, Judas, ect..
Would kind of make sense.. kind of.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourceTruth

Actually, I would argue the opposite. The soul is all that there is. The soul is what is experiencing the external reality through the body, but all of the information that makes up this matrix exists within the soul itself, and the soul experiences this information as reality.

But you are simply confusing the soul with the mind or maybe you feel they are one and the same. Also, it is the body that is experiencing what you call external reality directly via it 5 senses, not your soul.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
So, say I believe in this matrix, possibly because everyone feels alien to me. How would I know it's not all bs taking advantange of my isolated world view?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucky109
So, say I believe in this matrix, possibly because everyone feels alien to me. How would I know it's not all bs taking advantange of my isolated world view?

Feeling like you are an alien is not unusual. Many people share that with you. The matrix seemed real to me once, long ago, but now I know better. Believe in it if you want to but leave your mind open and eventually you'll find your way through to open air like I did.
edit on 3-9-2019 by shanjuran because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shanjuran

My mind is open. I was just sharing reasons why I may feel vulnerable to such ideas. Reasons why I may see how others came to believe such a thing. I however have difficulty believing in anything.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucky109

You sound perfectly normal.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Wouldn't that mean that some people dont have free will...
If I am even understanding what is meant by matrix. To have a soul I guess would mean that we are merely avatars controls be something other than the programming running the matrix while the soulless would be like the characters in a computer game that are there just to give you an enemy to defeat, or a message providing you with information, ect. Or, maybe we are the soulless, under the illusion of having free will and the ones that have souls are the intruders into the matrix.
I'm guessing you are going with the first option and that the soulless are those few that come in who's lives are pretty much predestined, because they are part of the program.. Lucifer, moses, jesus, Judas, ect..
Would kind of make sense.. kind of.

No, the soulless are not the few, they are the majority. They are the vast majority of the people in the game.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

But you are simply confusing the soul with the mind or maybe you feel they are one and the same. Also, it is the body that is experiencing what you call external reality directly via it 5 senses, not your soul.

No, the mind is able to act the same way a soul would act because it is what is processing the information. The soul is simply experiencing the processing of information by the mind.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

a reply to: shanjuran

My mind is open. I was just sharing reasons why I may feel vulnerable to such ideas. Reasons why I may see how others came to believe such a thing. I however have difficulty believing in anything.

Don't you have doubts about this reality? I have many doubts about this reality and that contributes to why I believe in it.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

It seems like we all assume that everyone has a soul.
But if we are to really understand what the matrix is about then we cannot assume that everyone has a soul.

The idea that everyone has a soul is not rooted in any rigorous reasoning. Because of this, it should not be accepted as fact that everyone has a soul.

From talking to my friend who practiced shamanism in Scotland , he said people lose parts of their soul from various events
and can strip it away entirely making it difficult for them to function normally .

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Methamphetamine will do that, ile testify to that. LoL

More like part of yourself that you lose all the same, it somewhat comes back after a decade or so, but you are never quite the same person.

Anyhoo, canny make an Omelette without breaking a few eggs.

Our experiences in this verse is what shapes us.

edit on 4-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Methamphetamine will do that, ile testify to that. LoL

More like part of yourself that you lose all the same, it somewhat comes back after a decade or so, but you are never quite the same person.

Anyhoo, canny make an Omelette without breaking a few eggs.

Our experiences in this verse is what shapes us.

hahah Aye drugs are among those things, anything that will damage your body , your mind and your soul all together.

Even things like accidents, or losing a loved one , anything which causes suffering can strip away Shards of your soul!

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Some drugs open the doors of perception.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Maybe you are "alien" to this place. Some souls are not used to being connected and playing a being driving a 3D physical quantum biological machine and have problem with the spatial awareness of locality.

Manipulation is a this level and lower places behavior. Manipulation can only be done when other beings cannot read the intention/thought behind. When psi level goes up in the masses parasitic event gets revealed.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Some drugs open the doors of perception.

Aye lots of drugs do open those doors, but once open they are hard to shut , so people need to be prepared for what can happen.

Drugs have their uses , but in moderation.

Some drugs specifically the psychoactives are very useful to shamans and medicine in order to heal people
from paranoid schizophrenia to , depression , anxiety , PTSD
many studies in the UK on the medical benefits of treating depression and anxiety in humans with psychoactives derived from mushrooms.
Some landmark studies being done in England, I believe Southampton University and Imperial college London.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

For a while anyway.

It's what comes through the door that can be rather troublesome.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Itisnowagain

For a while anyway.

It's what comes through the door that can be rather troublesome.

The doors of perception will only reveal perception.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It's September and it's been raining for days.

Time to head for the hills me thinks

🍄

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join