It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not everybody has to have a soul

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Topelius

I am enjoying being called "arrogant" and "immature" by the other poster.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

And it seems like you didn't respond to what I said in regards to her getting her claims from other sources. Are you backing down on this claim of yours?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

“Soul” in the Biblical sense refers to the entire living being. Therefore, we do not have souls but we are souls.

That would be a better way to describe it.

But it doesn't mean that all human beings are souls. It could be true that only some human beings are souls.

MYTH: The soul is immortal.

In direct contrast with the Greek teaching of the psy·kheʹ (soul) as being immaterial, intangible, invisible, and immortal, the Scriptures show that both psy·kheʹ and neʹphesh, as used with reference to earthly creatures, refer to that which is material, tangible, visible, and mortal.

If it refers to earthly creatures it refers to the mortals, but the eartly creatures could simply be soulless ones are they are described.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

originally posted by: SourceTruth
a reply to: UK2315

No, we all have brains, that doesn't mean we all have consciousness.

No we all have brains, we all have consciousness , many are just not aware of that consciousness !

It is just an assumption that all brains must have consciousness. It creates logical problems when we assume that all brains have souls, if we combine this assumption with certain other beliefs about consciousness.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

You can talk about something being conscious and having consciousness in different ways. For example if i talked about an animal, and you define being conscious as being aware, than I could say the animal is being conscious as in it is acting with consciousness. Being conscious is acting with consciousness. But having consciousness is different. Something can act as if it has consciousness, and that is called being conscious. But one does not have to have consciousness to act conscious.
That is the statement I am making in this thread. A human can act like they have consciousness in the same way that I have consciousness, but it does not mean that the human has consciousness in the same way that I would consider myself to have consciousness.
edit on 9-9-2019 by SourceTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You cannot prove or disprove the existence of any single persons soul. So how exactly are you going to determine whether some people have souls or not? You simply cannot.

You just believe in what someone told you, like any other cult or religion on earth. And that's exactly what you seem to have fallen prey to in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I got a Pomeranian named Sophie on the couch with me. She goes by instincts and has no language, she is conscious but does not have a higher consciousness . She is guided by primal urges like hunger or affection. They say animals are innocence because they won't lie, cheat or steal from you they can't think like that or have alterior motives. They are just natural.

This guy I used to look up too called people "sheeple". I think cause he had access to higher echelon s of government and was aware of some of the things that the government was doing. I read his book several times. He was purposely cryptic at times I think. He might have felt lucky or telling some of what he knew feeling proud.

I really liked the Matrix movies. I liked movies before that that questioned reality like Vanilla Sky or Dark City where everything isn't as it seems or at the end find out truth of the world. Conspiracy theorists might be a little prideful, research subjects and here intellectual battles in cyberspace . Do you mean others might not have their lights on inside or just falling into routine ? I mean go to work talk to family, we really are ants 70 year life spans running around the third rock from the sun flying through space. Watch TV go to sleep, worship Hollywood. Look up to the stars at night see the moon, realize we now know what it is people been there. With the internet we have access to any info we want. Do you see people without souls not enlightened or without consciousness like animals or innocence or children without comprehension ? Or I don't know I am trying to follow what your saying didn't watch YouTube .

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Misclick
edit on 9-9-2019 by Lucky109 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucky109
You cannot prove or disprove the existence of any single persons soul. So how exactly are you going to determine whether some people have souls or not? You simply cannot.

You just believe in what someone told you, like any other cult or religion on earth. And that's exactly what you seem to have fallen prey to in my opinion.

I don't think that I can't prove it to myself, it's just that I may or may not be able to prove it to anypne else depending on what they consider to be evidence.

The reason for my "belief" is not just because of what someone else told me. It actually relates to my whole view about what I think that this reality matrix is, which is why it makes sense from my point of view. It is a part of everything else that I know about this matrix reality.

You want to say that I have "fallen prey" because you think that what I think is somehow wrong, which it isn't. You just don't like the idea like many others. I know that many wouldn't like this idea because it does not fit well with heir beliefs or viewpoints, which is what I suspect with you.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EasterEggGlitch

What I mean by soulless is that they do not have true consciousness. They only appear like they do.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SourceTruth I absolutely do not like your point of view. I believe it to be a cult type of belief. I'll be honest about that. I don't want you to be lead astray.

If you think you can prove the existence of any soul, please do it. I'll try to keep an open mind just for you.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SourceTruth

You're about to learn many things about life which will natuarally change your opinion. I'm just going to help you get a head start. Many people will try to manipulate you into believing some garbage about god or say a matrix. Every single one I have met cannot prove any bit of their core beliefs. Most, if not all, are complete garbage. Your stupid matrix cult is garbage. I'll give you every opportunity to prove me wrong if you feel you can. Prove me wrong.
edit on 9-9-2019 by Lucky109 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucky109

I do not believe in any sort of "god" or creator outside of myself. Because I am the creator of my own reality.

I know that there is a lot that isn't true out there, but I can tell what is and isn't true. And from my experience I can tell that there is only one person who I am a hundred percent sure of their statements. I can see through the lies of everyone else's statements except for one person's statements which I see as the truth.

The way I have proved it to myself of what has been told to me about the matrix is that I have done what I have been told to do and seen the results.

Your stupid matrix cult is garbage.

Do you even know everything that I think relating to a concept of the matrix? The idea of a matrix is a way to describe what this reality is. My viewpoint is not garbage, it is actually much better than anything else that anyone can provide. It is much better than things like almost all the religions out there and all of the atheism, or new age, or materialism, or anything else that anyone has. It can actually explain things better than anything else. I am convinced of it and how there is no other explanation that explains this reality better.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The idea that a soul can experience multiple lives at the same time cant be proven false either...

But, here's my problem with the idea of there being a matrix, of which, I'll admit, I might not understand the theory.. that we are all part of some cosmic super computer or something.
Okay, I can buy that this computer could have subroutines that are programmed to "learn", build onto themselves and develope to the point where they can function independently somewhat from the main program... "have a soul" so to speak, while others do not. Or that some are just avatars with an outside force having some control over the actions it takes.
But, I fail to see the purpose of following this logic really.
If you are an avatar, well, you will be laid aside when your controller either gets bored with you or beats whatever game this is. If you are just a subroutine, well the computer can just send you to the trash can and you will be deleted if that is what it is programmed to do.
Are you hoping to escape the matrix?? Hoping to connect with the one who is your controller? Hoping they will wake up from their slumber, turn off their computer and return to the real world?? I have to ask... just what kind of world is that if we've all opted to live out our existence in a make believe world? You just might find out that the reason we have decided to turn ourselves into bits and bytes in the computer is that we've nuked our planet into an inhabitable rock centuries ago or something.
But, in the meantime, hey if only a few of the people you meet on the street are real people... I guess it does no harm to start blowing away those you think aren't real... the soulless ones.. I just dont see how this line of thinking leads to anything positive. This is the only reality we know.
To start doubting that reality it seem could lead to a psychotic breakdown or something.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Stan's mom: this seems like an overly complex idea just trying to sound cool

The Inception people: you just don't get the idea, wwwwwhhhhhhuuuuuuu wwwwwhhhhhuuuu

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

A soul would experience the lives one after the other, not all at the same time.

The idea of a matrix doesn't have to mean this reality is a computer based stimulation, although it can be compared to one. It is something that was created to be experienced by the players of the game. The souls are the players of the game.

If you are an avatar that doesn't mean it will be easy to escape the matrix. It may be the opposite because you may be reborn in a different avatar every time you "die" in the matrix.
The matrix idea isn't based on the idea that there is a world outside of this that we experience this world from. It means that we experience this reality by being plugged into an avatar while our real consciousness is "somewhere else" this somewhere else is not another world where we have another avatar. It would be basically like where we came from, a place of complete neutrality and stillness.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SourceTruth

And, that somewhere else that you claim we came from.. where we really are... is timeless which is why it is still..
The past, the present, the future, all exist simultaneously there, so if a soul can experience many lives, they are doing it simutaneiusly.. regardless of when they occur in our perception of time. That other you, the one in that timeless, just might be saying hi to themselves as you pass bye them and hear their greeting.

Confused about something though, you say that you create your reality, but then you admit that there is others playing the game with you. Are you creating their reality also, or are they creating their own? I mean what if one of the other players decides they are hungry and there should be a giant apple tree standing right where you are?
edit on 9-9-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Lol... I want our bearded dragon to have purple polka dots and wings so it can fly.. and it should breath fire like a real dragon..
Think my son will be surprised when he comes home from work and sees what I've done to his pet???

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The players in the game created the game with energy. They have potential energy that they can use to create their game.

The other players are creating their own reality by the beneficial and not beneficial choices they are making.

In the eternal timelessness than we created this game within it. This is what we truly are. As a result we created many things such as emotional states and duality that are not a part of the timelessness that we really are. In this way creating this reality has brought us further from the eternal timelessness.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Lol... I want our bearded dragon to have purple polka dots and wings so it can fly.. and it should breath fire like a real dragon..
Think my son will be surprised when he comes home from work and sees what I've done to his pet???

Haha..

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join