It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question on the Bible code...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Is there actually one cut and dried numeric formula to the Bible code?
Or, was it deciphered by manipulation of a number of formulae? It sort of reminds me of the primer being unlocked in CONTACT.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think it's quite subjective since you have to search for a key term and then find related terms in the same grid and do a statistical analysis on whether or not these terms would be found by chance or not.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So, in New England terms, it may be nothing more than codswallop? I believe the Bible holds the answers to alot of humanity's foibles, and a hidden code within this book would only prove one thing: a divine hand was involved in its conception. But if the way the code was deciphered is ambiguous or faulty, then it's just another sensationalized method of making money.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbreid
So, in New England terms, it may be nothing more than codswallop?
That it is! My understanding is they hunt for these codes obviously post event using all sorts of character offset formulae. None of the so called codes I have seen are of the same formula, so it becomes rather obvious that anyone can sit there and find what they want with a computer to do the work.

The ludicrousness of the belief is that God would supposedly plant them in there for some unknown reason, for surely it can't be for us to see it in print so we could gasp at his might, considering he planted enough people to claim the end is coming, the end is coming, everytime some incident or death happens. Yet, at the same time, these same believers spout the Revelation nonsense and proclaim, no one will know how or when the world will end, but they have us believe God for some bizarre reason encoded the book with his future plans for us to see after the fact. I suppose some lucky duck will find the event that ended the world and roam around Heaven bragging; see, it was in there.

They have found nothing to predict future events mind you, but a hurricane happens and they can find hurricane in some book, yet they cannot plug in the same term and come up with a future event.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

They have found nothing to predict future events mind you, but a hurricane happens and they can find hurricane in some book, yet they cannot plug in the same term and come up with a future event.

In your opinion, could the same be said about Nostradamus and prophecies made by Native American culture?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
My whole problem with the Bible Code is this:

Why do these "predictions" only contain random words about events and not clear statements or sentences. It just seems to be grasping...wanting sooo much to find something to support the event. Wouldn't have been easier just to state it in a coherent more obvious way? Also, why does it constitute a "prediction" if you can only find it after the fact? You have to know what to look for in order to find it?...hummm, not my idea of prediction.

Having said that, some of it does seem a little too correct.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
My problem with the Bible code is that its not just ,say every fifth or tenth letter. But any which way that fits, if you take any large volume book I suggest you will gey similar findings, as with Moby Dick.
The links aren't the same relation in all the finds some are next to the name some are on the other side of the page?

new topics

top topics

join