It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK civil war?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: sapien82

Most people who voted for Brexit being over the age of 50 is it any wonder that some appear to be rather ageist?

For a start 50 cannot be considered old, the current pensionable age for

both men and women is 65, and rising.

However the population between the ages of 19 to 50 years is 29.7%

The population between 50 to 80 years is 21,56%

That is approx 7% more people in the under 50's = 7% more votes toward

remainers? OK so far?

If you accept retirement as being old.... rejig the figures and it equates to

Population between 19 and 60 years = 38.67%

Population between 60 and 80 years = 12.56%.

That is approx 26% more people among the 'younger voters

So logically IF all those badly done to bright younglings voted to remain

the result of the referendum would have been REMAIN

So ether 'your theory' is ALL WRONG ....... or the younglings

couldn't be bothered voting for their futures?

It's the younglings that will pa the ultimate price as well, them actually having a future!

Like you say "Its their future" If they cant be bothered about their futures

their problem!!

www.statista.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

a reply to: MrConspiracy

Not the majority in Scotland nor Ireland where our vote counts for very little compared to the rest of the UK.

There is no *rest of the UK ...... You are the UK.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Most people who voted for Brexit being over the age of 50 is it any wonder that some appear to be rather ageist?

It's the younglings that will pay the ultimate price as well, them actually having a future.

20% of UK people live in poverty, including 8 million working-age adults, 4 million children and 1.9 million pensioners.

But nothing is really wrong???!!!

Older people vote also with their children, grandchildren and future generations in mind. Young people rarely give thought to such considerations and lack the experience of the older generation - particularly those that remember all too well that this country only ever voted for a trade relationship with the EU, not political union.

Of all the ridiculous narratives pushed forward by Remoaners, the notion that older people's voices are not as important because they'll be dead sooner, is perhaps the most pathetic.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

originally posted by: sapien82

originally posted by: sapien82

Their futures count for more put it that way.

Because, quite simply, our children and young adults, are our future!

I am a young adult. I was in my early 20s when I voted to REMAIN.

But I believe in democracy and I don't believe in childish behavior because you don't get what you want.

Brexit won in the referendum. People need to accept it.

So it's childish behaviour standing up against something you disagree with ?

So the miners strikes and steel strikes , Thatcher sold off and closed the mines and the steel factories and the shipyards , so those workers were just being childish were they ?

If they aim to block democracy because they don't like it. Yeah.

And don't bring miners etc in to this. It situational and not relevant to this discussion.

It's relative in that the government carried out something despite a good number of UK citizens being verbally opposed to it !

So it is quite relevant

They were opposed of course, but they weren't allowed to vote on it!
Completely different.
Fact is, they shouldn't have given us the vote in 2016 if they didn't want to carry out the result.

Aye I know what you mean that it wasnt their vote , but funny that because low and behold , you need to vote now to take industrial action ! and you need a majority vote before you can strike .

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

particularly those that remember all too well that this country only ever voted for a trade relationship with the EU, not political union.

I remember that. We voted to join a Common Market, not a European Parliament, Commission, Court etc etc. Just a Common Bloody Market.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm going to read that flat earth thread in order to make me realise that there are indeed some people who are even more stupid and out of touch with reality than our politicians.

While you are at it, why not pop in to the Nuke Hoax thread? Out of touch with reality is an understatement.

I have pretty much lost the plot with all these latest Brexit doings.

Shock horror , and read is all ye shall do man!

Its been locked NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The "What? Nuclear Hoax" one? Its still going.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The "What? Nuclear Hoax" one? Its still going.

Oops Carpy wrong quote I meant to quote the flat earth thread !

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Yes. That one has gone. The Rockets Don't Work in Space one is a hoot too.

Whats wrong with a vote to take industrial action?

You won't remember all the silly demarcation strikes of yore when a strike could be called if someone changed a bog roll and stuff.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yes. That one has gone. The Rockets Don't Work in Space one is a hoot too.

Whats wrong with a vote to take industrial action?

You won't remember all the silly demarcation strikes of yore when a strike could be called if someone changed a bog roll and stuff.

Whats wrong with the vote for strike action , well it makes it incredibly difficult for people to vote for strike action when those people cant afford to take one days strike action or they lose their child benefits and nursery placements.
if the government or your employer inflicted damage to workers via wage loss or pension loss or whatever they were threatening , people then cant take strike action for the fear they lose everything else they are entitled to because they work.

Look at single mum's in my Union , many cant afford to lose a days wage as it means your children lose the support. they lose their childcare benefit , they lose their nursery placements etc .

for this reason many union members cant see past their own pockets to obtain a better future tomorrow.

this is just what I have witnessed since this majority vote for unions was brought in.

We havent been able to muster a majority in our union for a very long time. Our salary has been on a 10 year pay freeze
as inflation increases , costs go up for us all.
Strike action for pay gets pushed into the Union and we campaign and campaign for strike action , and come voting day , no one votes for it.

I just think its made it a lot harder for people to take strike action in the public sector

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Just read through the Nuclear Hoax thread; WOW.

Turbo sure spouts some nonsense.
Is it any surprise that its the same people spreading this rubbish that believe in flat earth, creationism and Bishop Ussher's dating of that creation?

I'd be amazed if some of these people didn't also masquerade as MP's.

Every single one of these idiots who has spoken at PM's Question Time is obviously pushing their own particular agenda.
Has anyone actually mentioned the FACT that the British electorate democratically voted to leave the EU?
Everything else is either self-promotion, party politics and/or simply smoke in mirrors.

Just blow the place up and let us start again.

edit on 3/9/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Wage SLAVERY Tory Style.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Just blow the place up and let us start again.

Harsh, but fair.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Brexit is freedom. Why is your thinking the exact opposite?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Can somebody explain to me why they keep chanting "stop the coup" please? Surely it is they that are trying to create a 'coup' by trying to stop democratic process?

Also had to laugh at the last bit of clip in the OP with the woman singing the Welsh National anthem....Wales voted by a huge majority to leave!!!

Crowds were huge weren't they.....NOT!

Rainbows
Jane

Reminds me of antifa calling themselves anti-fascist while assaulting anyone who disagrees with them. It's comical. I wonder if these people avoid the areas where they'd get their asses beat to a pulp like antifa does.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

So illusory then?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Time is on the young person's side UKTruth.

As to wisdom, well the government nor Doris Nonsense seems to display much of any wisdom these days .
edit on 3-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Time is on the young person's side UKTruth.

As to wisdom, well the government nor Doris Nonsense seems to display much of any wisdom these days .

We don't have a system where how much time one has (which is not known) determines how much your vote counts. Fortunately.
The very suggestion that it should matter is inane.
edit on 3/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Not the majority in Scotland nor Ireland where our vote counts for very little compared to the rest of the UK.

There is no *rest of the UK ...... You are the UK.

If specifying one part of the UK then the description the rest of UK makes perfect sense.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Wage SLAVERY Tory Style.

Ahh is that what its called hahahah

surely its indentured since its only for a fixed period normally around 5 years at a time.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join