It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappell said "if women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I agree. If it is not a human being, why can the man not decide to 'abort' it and not be financially responsible.

It is hypocritical to say one person has full say over whether both of them have financial responsibility.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Only one is responsible for carrying the pregnancy for nine months and paying the price physically for doing that.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Only one is responsible for carrying the pregnancy for nine months and paying the price physically for doing that.

No idea what that has to do with my post. It's hypocritical to say a woman should be able to have an abortion to avoid the financial obligations and then say men can't avoid it. If it is not a human being, not a person, just some cells, and the woman decides to keep the pregnancy going after the man has said he doesn't want the responsibility then that is on her.

My personal belief is that it IS a person, and neither should be able to have that say. But if you give that say to one you need to give it to both.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The logical, humane and morally right thing to do is to make abortion illegal and for men to fully support the mother and child, regardless of whether they are married or in a relationship.
Simple, really.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It has everything to do with it if the women is trying to avoid the pregnancy itself and not trying to avoid being a parent.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is a really great conversation , Dave makes a very valid point. If a woman considers becoming pregnant a ' mistake ' she has a choice to end it, a man doesn't have that same choice. In today's PC world, not sure how this inequity can be ignored.

In a perfect world it would be nice if people would talk about these scenario's BEFORE having sex ! It's repugnant when a promiscuous woman brazenly declares that a man she had a one night stand with should now, "step up and support their baby" and it's equally repugnant when a promiscuous man runs around impregnating as many girls as possible and then abandons the women who believed they had a relationship with that man.

IDK, don't the kids have apps these days that they can use prior to having sex agreeing on the terms ? Maybe judges should consider the circumstances surrounding the conception before forcing a man to take financial responsibility ? I'm not sure casual sex, with no intent to make a baby, should only favor the woman's choices. One of many reasons I'm not a fan of casual sex.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It has everything to do with it if the women is trying to avoid the pregnancy itself and not trying to avoid being a parent.

It has nothing to do with it. They can avoid being a parent, men can't. If we are working on the premise that it is not a human being then they should both have that same choice.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: rickymouse

That is what some states want.

LOL. Yeah? What states want to let men abdicate their parental responsible to tax payers?

To say the woman has a choice and the man doesn't have one is discrimination.

It would be discrimination if men got pregnant too, but weren't allowed to abort. Becoming a parent isn't discriminatory.

I am just trying to be fair, both parties should have sayso.

Both parties?

...the Husband should have the right to say no to an abortion, if the husband says no, then no doctor should be allowed to give an abortion.

So, final say so. Not both parties.

Only people that have had abortions and are still, years later, trying to justify killing a child could make the types of arguments that you are making.

As the saying goes, takes one to know one.

😥

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
a reply to: Boadicea

Obviously, I disagree.
Please read my all previous posts in this thread. All your questions will be answered.

No, thank you.

If one wants gender equality, one must accept gender equality for all, not just for some. If one wants choice for one gender, then one must accept choice for all genders, not just one gender.

To be honest, I'm far more concerned with the best interests of the child than I am with the adults' "choice" and "gender equality" after the fact. As I already noted, both men and women know how babies are made before they do the deed, and both had a choice before the fact as to whether or not they would take that risk. There is the gender equality.

It's disingenuous (or would that be specious?) to pretend that there is any such thing as "gender equality" or "choice" when it comes to pregnancy because men cannot get pregnant. There is no physical risk to life or limb for the man. But these are very real risks for the pregnant woman AND their baby, and are necessarily part and parcel of the decision to continue a pregnancy or to terminate a pregnancy. It's not just about whether or not the woman wants to be a mother. Whereas your premise is all about whether or not the father wants to be a father.

More to the point, however, is the simple fact that a woman's decision to terminate a pregnancy essentially eliminates any burden or responsibility for the father; but a man's decision to abandon his born child effectively increases the burden and responsibility of the mother, and imposes burdens and responsibilities on society, and especially creates burdens and hardships for the child.

Funny how your brand of "gender equality" doesn't have equal consequences and repercussions, eh?

Having said all this, to the best of my knowledge, men do have the right to terminate their parental rights and effectively abandon their child with the blessing of the law. And quite honestly, any man who would do so probably isn't fit to be a father anyway, and could/would quite possibly do more damage to the child than benefit the child. So in the final analysis, the lesser of two evils may very well be to just say good riddance to bad rubbish.

I just won't call it "gender equality" and "choice."

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There is no Love in either, do not take these paths.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Serious question, do men ever have to pay child support before the child is born?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Dave Chappelle is a Muslim.

This disgusting view is merely an example of the disdain men are encouraged to have towards women in the hadiths.

Islam exonerates men of all responsibility for anything if Allah wills it...whatever that means..

I am not surprised by any of his stupidity...he worships a magic moon god who chose a sociopathic warlord rapist as his primary and sole voice on earth...

If u worship a man who consummated a marriage to a 6 year old when she was 7 then why wouldn’t u have no care about abandoning your progeny..

It’s a disgusting cult of death and bent on the entire subjugation of women...

-Chris

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Serious question, do men ever have to pay child support before the child is born?

Yes, courts can order prenatal child support.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: rickymouse

Was the part where you said men should have veto power over an abortion decision twisted or was that pretty spot on?

Just curious.

If the man is the husband of the woman, it is spot on. A BF wouldn't have that option.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Who said anything about forcing women to have an abortion?

If a woman who is not married chooses to allow the fetal tissue to come to term, then she has made a choice, to be responsible for the fully developed lump of tissue.

A man should have the same right if he is unmarried. The woman chooses to allow the fetal tissue to fully develop, fine. But he also should have the right to abort (not the expelled fully developed fetal tissue), rather his responsibility for the fetal tissue once it is expelled.

She chooses, he chooses. Gender equality.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
In his latest Netflix concert Dave Chappell said "if women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them."
Does he have a point? I was shocked at first to see this. But I totally understand his logic in this day and age.

If a woman can decide to kill a man's child before it is born. Then why should the man be held accountable if the woman decides to give birth. Especially if he has no say over if the child is born or not born.

He ended with "my money, my choice".

Does he have a point? If a woman could decide not to give birth, but decides to give birth, is she then solely responsible for the child? Unless, the sperm donor signs the birth certificate and declares he is a the child's parent. Like in adoption. If a woman has a choice, why shouldn't a man have the same choice?

Interesting philosophy.

Why not allow men to have a choice? Should choice be limited to just one gender?

www.theblaze.com...

When morality is taken out of the equation: no moral judgement on abortion up until birth, why should we make a moral judgement about the sperm donor? Why is refusing to parent or take responsibility for a child mandatory for one gender and a choice for another gender?

I haven't watched that yet... but he totally RHEEMS the "PC leftist virtue signalling culture".

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The XY should have the right to "abort" responsibility for the raising of the fully formed lump of fetal tissue.

Just as the XX can decide to abort the fully developed lump of fetal tissue to be absolved of all responsibility.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Dave Chappelle is a Muslim.

This disgusting view is merely an example of the disdain men are encouraged to have towards women in the hadiths.

Islam exonerates men of all responsibility for anything if Allah wills it...whatever that means..

I am not surprised by any of his stupidity...he worships a magic moon god who chose a sociopathic warlord rapist as his primary and sole voice on earth...

If u worship a man who consummated a marriage to a 6 year old when she was 7 then why wouldn’t u have no care about abandoning your progeny..

It’s a disgusting cult of death and bent on the entire subjugation of women...

-Chris

Whoa! Islamophobic? Sounds like it to me.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No idea what that has to do with my post. It's hypocritical to say a woman should be able to have an abortion to avoid the financial obligations and then say men can't avoid it. If it is not a human being, not a person, just some cells, and the woman decides to keep the pregnancy going after the man has said he doesn't want the responsibility then that is on her.

My personal belief is that it IS a person, and neither should be able to have that say. But if you give that say to one you need to give it to both.

Exactly, both should have the right to choose to abort responsibility for the fully developed lump of fetal tissue.

OR

Both are not allowed to abort responsibility for a child.

That is equality, true gender equality.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
This is a really great conversation , Dave makes a very valid point. If a woman considers becoming pregnant a ' mistake ' she has a choice to end it, a man doesn't have that same choice. In today's PC world, not sure how this inequity can be ignored.

In a perfect world it would be nice if people would talk about these scenario's BEFORE having sex ! It's repugnant when a promiscuous woman brazenly declares that a man she had a one night stand with should now, "step up and support their baby" and it's equally repugnant when a promiscuous man runs around impregnating as many girls as possible and then abandons the women who believed they had a relationship with that man.

IDK, don't the kids have apps these days that they can use prior to having sex agreeing on the terms ? Maybe judges should consider the circumstances surrounding the conception before forcing a man to take financial responsibility ? I'm not sure casual sex, with no intent to make a baby, should only favor the woman's choices. One of many reasons I'm not a fan of casual sex.

Probably one of the best posts yet in this entire thread.

Unfortunately, it is quite the opposite of what the young progressive liberals demand we all believe, that casual sex with anyone is a right and must never be shamed.

The result is the mess we see all over this thread. The direct result of progressive new-morality.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join