It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappell said "if women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

However, it is a sexist, gender biased, religious morality based, unfair, and unjust statement. In my opinion, that is.

Women can't abandon their children either, and are often taken to court to pay child support when they leave.

Your complaint is with sexist biology, that makes women primary care takers from cytoplast to pubescence.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Are you a single parent who is getting child support from a person who does not live with you?

No.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Sookiechacha

A child is not a punishment. It goes for fathers who want to abandon, but not mothers that want to abort?

Why is it that you make grand statements as if its from such sound logic only to change when the same logic is extrapolated in the form of an arguement to your point?

Maybe, i am butt hurt by a womens ability to kill what could be a perfect fine child, but also maybe you're just a little biased yourself?

What is sad is she can't see the inconsistency of her statements...

She argues that it is punishing women to have a child they don't want but then it isn't punishing men to care financially for a child they don't want....

Men have no say in either decision.

hilarious. And these crazy chicks wonder why so many men are going MGTOW.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

As a woman, you have a choice to abort and not be a mother, correct?

Don't you think that same courtesy should be extended to men? Shouldn't men be able to choose to be a father?

When men can get pregnant, then they can choose. When men choose to have relationships with women who they have common goals and are able to communicate and agree on their future family desires, this isn't a problem.

edit on 31-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Apologize if I come off in a negative way, my son is approaching 1 yr old, and the thought that my wife could have made the decision to end his life before it had really begun horrifies me.

Earlier in my life I had the discussion with women I was dating and made no bones about it, if she gets pregnant from me and decides to abort we would be done period.

There are a lot of guys out there just like me that love children and would work extra jobs if need beto care for them, and yet we are regarded by law in most places as if we are only useful for the money, ignoring the fact that a masculine presence is needed in a childs life to give them a balance as they grow to adult hood. (yes the female presence is just as important)

Yet the courts and the majority of womens groups seem to push the narative that men are good for nothing more than money and that is a sensitive area for me as a father.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Gender equality MUST go both (strike that sorry - ALL) ways or there is no gender equality.

When men can get pregnant, we'll talk about gender equality as it applies to parenthood.

Regardless of the gender of the child, it needs to be cared for. Both parents are responsible for the care of their own child, once it's born.

When men get pregnant - it has happened

edit on 8/31/19 by The2Billies because: fixed

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

So far the argument is "it takes two to tango" - but when only one is allowed to control the outcome of the tango, then it becomes their choice and theirs alone, thus their responsibility and theirs alone.

Wear a condom and have control over the outcome of the tango!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Rationally I agree abortion is a necessary evil, however the cluster of cells to reduce guilt hurts me. To dehumanize such an innocent being to alleviate your guilt for killing it is both repulsive and dangerous imo. If you make the decision, own it with the full gravity.

Then as you say and I have argued finances have been molded into the health debate, yet its obviously gender based.

Any and all movements for equality are never fair, they are just an opposite to an identified "injustice". Its impossible for anything to build such momentum and stop at a balancing point.
edit on 8/31/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

She argues that it is punishing women to have a child they don't want but then it isn't punishing men to care financially for a child they don't want....

Right. A child isn't a punishment. so, we don't punish women by forcing them to have an unwanted child, because they had immoral sex and should have kept their legs closed.

When a woman chooses to not have an abortion, this isn't a punishment to the man that knocked her up.

You may not think it's fair, that women can control their body's and men can't control women's bodies, but it's not fair to the child to condone fathers abandoning their children because their mom's didn't abort them.

edit on 31-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I don't think there is one.

There is no "good argument" for a man to abandon their child or children.

Then should the sperm doner father have any say in the abortion process?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

XX do have a choice to abandon their children before birth. Once the pregnancy proceeds, the XX has made the choice to be responsible and should be held responsible. You are correct.

Right now, in our gender biased, gender inequality society XY do not have the same choice. They should be given the choice before birth to choose to parent or not to parent, to be responsible or not to be responsible. Right now they have no choice, that is sexist, unfair and unjust. Especially in a world and society that insist on gender equality and gender equity.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Please. How can I take you and your argument seriously now? Obviously, this transition was incomplete.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Rationally I agree abortion is a necessary evil, however the cluster of cells to reduce guilt hurts me. To dehumanize such an innocent being to alleviate your guilt for killing it is both repulsive and dangerous imo. If you make the decision, own it with the full gravity.

Then as you say and I have argued finances have been molded into the health debate, yet its obviously gender based.

Any and all movements for equality are never fair, they are just an opposite to an identified "injustice". Its impossible for anything to build such momentum and stop at a balancing point.

It is all based on societal choice to have a religious free, sexual morality free society, that is codified in law. As long as society has decided sexuality must be judgement free and morality free, this is the result, inequality for some and total freedom for others.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

XX do have a choice to abandon their children before birth.

False dichotomy. Abortion isn't the same as abandoning a child.

Once the pregnancy proceeds, the XX has made the choice to be responsible and should be held responsible.

She bears no responsibility of the sperm donor.

Right now they have no choice

They had a choice to get a vasectomy, wrap it or abstain. They had the choice of choosing to be with a woman who shared his family values.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I don't think there is one.

There is no "good argument" for a man to abandon their child or children.

Then should the sperm doner father have any say in the abortion process?

Any say? Or final say?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

What could be more dehumanizing than to abandon a child because it's mother didn't abort it?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Please. How can I take you and your argument seriously now? Obviously, this transition was incomplete.

How can you take me seriously? You made the statement, men could not get pregnant.

According to progressives/liberals/Democrats, "it is bigoted" to say these pregnant people are not men. That is the way it is in our society today.

You are saying transgender men are not men? Isn't that bigoted?

That is why I haven't been using the term male/female or man/woman, but rather egg/sperm donor, or scrotum/uterus owner, or XX/XY.

Colorado State University wrote a dictate for students and professors that forbid the use of the words male/female or he/she as gender biased and unacceptable to be used in today's society.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

a reply to: TheLead

What could be more dehumanizing than to abandon a child because it's mother didn't abort it?

What could be more dehumanizing than killing a baby before it is even born?

Your arguments are garbage as usual.

Of course a man and woman shouldn't have sex until they are ready to welcome a child into this world. Right?

That is your argument.

Lolz🤪

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

What if i were to say im abandoning a cluster of cells? Abandon pre-viability?

A woman doesnt have to make good decisions, because there is an out. Men must bear all responsibility for safe sex and anything that may come of it?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

False dichotomy. Abortion isn't the same as abandoning a child.

True, it is killing an unborn child, or not allowing a child to develop and be born. When one kills the fetal tissue that becomes a child if allowed to develop one has literally thrown away the child. (no moral judgement, just biology here). But you say abandonment is worse than throwing them in the trash and walking away? Well, that is the new morality these days.

The rest we have covered over and over and over, go back and re-read my posts. Your assertions are all answered in previous posts.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join