It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappell said "if women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Irishhaf

You love using part of the argument, lotta guys would have cheerfully taken on full responsibility for the child that was aborted,

Not Dave Chappell. Not the OP. Their argument: IF women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them. This isn't a prolife argument.

This is an argument that seeks to punish women for not having abortions.

No the argument is that if men have no say in abortion, then women should not be able to force men into fatherhood either, particularly forcing them to pay for a child they didn't want...

In fact, comedian D.L. Hughley also made the same argument that Chappelle is making on instagram earlier this year and it went a little viral too. I rarely agree with D.L. politically, but he also hit the head on the nail with this...

He basically said that government can't force women to be mothers but can force men to be fathers....

Women can't go from "the baby is mine" when making an abortion decision to "the baby is OURS" when deciding to have the baby. It is inconsistent.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Believe it or not, I am female. I am also a retired PSY professor with a specialty in child and human development.

One can not demand that egg donors have a choice to be a parent or not to be a parent, to be responsible or not responsible for a child

after the egg and sperm are joined

and not give sperm donors the same choice to parent or not to parent, to be responsible or not responsible for a child.

Especially now that all sexual gratification is amoral, acceptable, and must be fully accepted by society as a basic human right

Gender equality MUST go both (strike that sorry - ALL) ways or there is no gender equality.

edit on 8/31/19 by The2Billies because: correction

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well men are being punished now because some women don't get abortions.

No, they're not. Men are being reprieved because women get abortions. When women give birth, a child is not a punishment. Being a father is not a punishment. Providing for you child is not a punishment.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Thank you.

Please see my post just above this one. I'm female.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think he’s just pointing of the hypocrisy of even what he said a few lines before...” men stay out of the conversation”...
if men don’t get a choice in the matter of killing the baby then he should get a choice in the matter of raising it and paying for it.
I think he finds both options to be unsavory.

Same with what he said about guns..”I hate guns, I hate them!........ But I own several”

a reply to: The2Billies

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Gender equality MUST go both (strike that sorry - ALL) ways or there is no gender equality.

When men can get pregnant, we'll talk about gender equality as it applies to parenthood.

Regardless of the gender of the child, it needs to be cared for. Both parents are responsible for the care of their own child, once it's born.

edit on 31-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

"Having a child is not a punishment"

You are correct, however, in this day and age it is a choice.

But only egg donors have that choice.

That is what makes it unfair, unjust and unequal.

Now that egg donors are free to choose (as they should be in the first 16 weeks, in my opinion)

We must as a society allow sperm donors freedom of choice also.

This is not suggesting children are a punishment for those with scrotums, but they should be a choice, just as they are for uterus owners.

To deny scrotum owners the right to choose, the freedom to choose while making it a human right for uterus owners to choose to have the freedom to choose, is sexist, judgemental, unfair and unjust.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Would you say the same to women who want to have abortions?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

Well men are being punished now because some women don't get abortions.

No, they're not. Men are being reprieved because women get abortions. When women give birth, a child is not a punishment. Being a father is not a punishment. Providing for you child is not a punishment.

You have obviously never been to family court.
Men are punished on a daily basis and not allowed to be fathers.
They are treated like bank accounts.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Women can't go from "the baby is mine" when making an abortion decision to "the baby is OURS" when deciding to have the baby. It is inconsistent.

False. Women go from this is my body experiencing a pregnancy, not yours. Not that the Sperm Donor isn't a biological factor.

It is inconsistent.

It's inconsistent only when the women chooses not to have an abortion.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Would you say the same to women who want to have abortions?

What?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

When men can get pregnant, we'll talk about gender equality as it applies to parenthood.

Regardless of the gender of the child, it needs to be cared for. Both parents are responsible for the care of their own child, once it's born.

You are for abortion, I can tell. So you are for freedom of choice for people with eggs, to be a parent of a child or not, total and complete freedom, both legally and societally for these people.

However, you are against freedom of choice for people with sperm, to be a parent of a child or not, you are for total and complete denial of freedom, both legally and societally for these people.

After, both the egg donor and sperm donor have mutually engaged in judgement free sexual gratification, neither using birth control, both equally responsible for the sexual act.

You call this just? You call this fair? You call this gender equality? Hmmmmmm

edit on 8/31/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

A woman experiencing a pregnancy is not a egg donor. The egg is hers. It's in her body. She hasn't donated it. The sperm was donated.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

However, you are against freedom of choice for people with sperm,

I'm against men abandoning their children because they're mad that a woman didn't abort.

I'm against men who argue that "if women can kill they babies, then men can abandoned the babies that women didn't kill.

edit on 31-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

You are for abortion, I can tell. So you are for freedom of choice for people with eggs, to be a parent of a child, total and complete freedom, both legally and societally for these people.

However, you are against freedom of choice for people with sperm, to be a parent of a child, you are for total and complete denial of freedom, both legally and societally for these people.

You call this just? You call this fair? You call this gender equality? Hmmmmmm

They are only for gender equality when it the scales are tipped in their favor....

She doesn't want to be forced to be a mother, but wants to force men to be fathers....

I think abortion should be legal and accessible to a point. However, I also don't think women should be able to force men into fatherhood financially.

If abortion is going to be readily available on demand of the convenience of women, then they shouldn't have carte blanche access to a man's pockets for child support. We see all the games that woman play when it comes to "securing a bag" trying to entrap men, particularly those who are wealthy.

It is literally a sport now for THOTs to get themselves pregnant by some simp athlete/entertainer so they can get a 18 year check.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

A woman experiencing a pregnancy is not a egg donor. The egg is hers. It's in her body. She hasn't donated it. The sperm was donated.

LOL, that was a good one.

Shall we change the gender approved term "egg donor" to uterus owner?

I do believe the egg and the sperm join only after activity on the part of both, that is biology, one contributes (donates) and egg, one contributes (donates) a sperm.

Basic biology.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I'm against men abandoning their children because they're mad that a woman didn't abort.

I'm against men who argue that "if women can kill they babies, then men can abandoned the babies that women didn't kill.

Yes dear. That is quite clear.

However, it is a sexist, gender biased, religious morality based, unfair, and unjust statement. In my opinion, that is.

edit on 8/31/19 by The2Billies because: changed wording to be more kind

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

False. Women go from this is my body experiencing a pregnancy, not yours. Not that the Sperm Donor isn't a biological factor.

It is inconsistent.

It's inconsistent only when the women chooses not to have an abortion.

Just a quick question, no judgement here.

Are you a single parent who is getting child support from a person who does not live with you?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

A child is not a punishment. It goes for fathers who want to abandon, but not mothers that want to abort?

Why is it that you make grand statements as if its from such sound logic only to change when the same logic is extrapolated in the form of an arguement to your point?

Maybe, i am butt hurt by a womens ability to kill what could be a perfect fine child, but also maybe you're just a little biased yourself?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Simple question.

As a woman, you have a choice to abort and not be a mother, correct?

Don't you think that same courtesy should be extended to men? Shouldn't men be able to choose to be a father?

The hypocrisy of your position is that you argue that only women have a say in aborting and it is your right, but then you don't extend that argument to birth. Men have no say whether they are a father or not and if they should have to financially support a child.

One of the arguments I consistently here from pro-choice folks is a financial / convenience argument that it isn't the right time to have a child. However, that same argument is never extended to men when a woman decides without the man's input to have a child... the man has no say if it is financially convenient.

Your are being inconsistent with your argument and that is Chappelle's point. Women have a say and men do not... that is not equality. That is women's privilege.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join