It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappell said "if women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

This isn't binary. There is a child to be considered.

If the mother can't afford to feed, house, clothe and provide medical care to the child, society has to. Why should society have to pay for a dead beat dad's responsibility?

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Its funny how people try to use emotion to get a man to take care of a child that might be theirs yet in the very next breath say my body my choice when it comes to abortion and they try to strip any emotion out of that argument.

That said Chappelle has a very good point that will never go anywhere because we have been conditioned for men to always do the right thing for the children (using emotion)... yet women are being conditioned to think a child isn't really alive till after birth (trying to use logic).

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Finances, meaning the ability to care for the child fall under emotional health now, that was part of the debate on the New York bill, the definition of health and all that it pertains.

So? Women can abort, before viability, for any reason.

Now, if a woman finds out her much wanted pregnancy is at risk, and her child is suffering from a dire birth defect, she may opt to abort because of the financial strain a special needs child would have on her and her family. Do you have a problem with that?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Are you sure what you want is a say in the matter and not the final say though?
Do you believe the man should be able to have the ability to force a women to risk her health or life once the doctor says that she is likely do die? Do you believe he should be able to coerce her into an abortion if her "deeply held belief" is that its morally wrong?

No

I believe society must realize that once they have decided to take choice away from the sperm donor, the sperm donor (male or female T) are then absolved of responsibility. That is if one says choice is a amoral decision, sexual acts are amoral, all forms of sexual gratification are amoral - then personal responsibility is removed from the equation. Leaving the egg donor free to make the choice unencumbered, free to choose, and thus fully responsible. Now that sexual acts are amoral in our society, making conception amoral, and abortion amoral - that absolves moral responsibility for the sexual act. Thus putting fairness and equality into play.

It is full the free choice of the egg donor, as society has dictated, and will be the sole choice of the egg donor as society has codified into the law of the land. Her choice, her responsibility once the sexual act is amoral and judgement free.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Why is the father not awarded the same courtesy? She may opt to abort without there being a birth defect. There is a huge cost to having healthy babies as well, is thsre not?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Its funny how people try to use emotion to get a man to take care of a child that might be theirs yet in the very next breath say my body my choice when it comes to abortion and they try to strip any emotion out of that argument.

Seems that the only emotional argument is when a woman refuses to abort and the poor dad is on the hook. It seems men are all emotional because they can't force a woman to abort or adopt out their child.

They're all fine with a woman's choice if the choice goes their way. But they get all emotional when it doesn't.

Ban abortion and nobody gets a choice! The they're be no more emotional men crying about not having a choice, right?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Why is the father not awarded the same courtesy? She may opt to abort without there being a birth defect.

What courtesy? The courtesy of being able to abandon their children?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Her body, her choice, her responsibility.

Precisely. I like how Dave summed it up with "if I'm wrong maybe we're both wrong". The fact is the baby was partly created from the mans DNA, either he has some responsibility over the future of his child or he has none. Dave clearly doesn't think men should have no responsibility, and that was the point of his argument.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You love using part of the argument, lotta guys would have cheerfully taken on full responsibility for the child that was aborted, and there is another mountain many men try to climb when the child is born and the man wants to be in the childs life but the egg donor uses archaic laws to prevent the father from getting time with their child while also draining their bank account through the courts.

ETA: that's not even counting on the guys named as the father that found out years after their time to contest expired that they were not the father and yet remained on the hook for 18 years because the courts only care about the money and their is zero repercussions to the egg donor.
edit on 31-8-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

This isn't binary. There is a child to be considered.

If the mother can't afford to feed, house, clothe and provide medical care to the child, society has to. Why should society have to pay for a dead beat dad's responsibility?

But is is binary. The law and society says the egg donor has a choice, the sperm donor does not.

If the mother can't afford to support her government and society given choice ... yes, society has to.

Why should society pay? Because they say all sexual acts are amoral, and judgement free. It is even being codified into law. If all sexual acts are judgement free it absolves both parties of guilt and responsibility for the fetal tissue.
If the egg donor legally has the sole responsibility for deciding if the fetal tissue becomes a child, which by US law the egg donor does have - then if she makes a poor decision, yes society must step in. The sperm donor was absolved with the sexual gratification being declared judgement free and penalty free by society and the law.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

To abandon a financial responsibility he's not ready for just as mother can. Nm, i forget its a child to the father and a cluster of cells to the mother.
edit on 8/31/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Her body, her choice, her responsibility.

Precisely. I like how Dave summed it up with "if I'm wrong maybe we're both wrong". The fact is the baby was partly created from the mans DNA, either he has some responsibility over the future of his child or he has none. Dave clearly doesn't think men should have no responsibility, and that was the point of his argument.

I actually agree with you.

But as long as society and the law give the sperm donor no say and declare abortion to be moral, and declare all sexual gratification acts to be moral, judgement free, and to have no legal repercussions (no I don't want to make LGBT illegal again) - they can't make the argument that men are responsible for a choice they did not make. That is sexist and unfair.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

To abandon a financial responsibility he's not ready for just as mother can. Nm, i forget its a child to the father and a cluster of cells to the mother.

Then society has to pay.

Once it's born, it's a child and he's a father. Yep. You seem butt hurt that you can't force women to have abortions!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Of all the bits in this show, I wasn't expecting a thread on this one. His bit on Jussie Smollett or Juicy Smoo-yay, is one of the best things I think I've ever seen on Netflix.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The sperm donor was absolved with the sexual gratification being declared judgement free and penalty free by society and the law.

In your dreams.

But is is binary.

The child's existence makes this non-binary.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You love using part of the argument, lotta guys would have cheerfully taken on full responsibility for the child that was aborted,

Not Dave Chappell. Not the OP. Their argument: IF women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them. This isn't a prolife argument.

This is an argument that seeks to punish women for not having abortions.

edit on 31-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

i love how chappelle called it like it is.
im a libertarian, so i cannot get involved.

but they are killing babies.

me myself, i go by my age of conception for my age. so three months after my 'birthday' i start telling people im a year older. because my theory is, my dna was processing oxygen 9 months or so before i popped out.

this body then, is that old. my birthday, plus 9 months.
my cells were processing oxygen AND reproducing and building structures, for 9 months before birth.
that is a lot of work, thats why i consider it 9 months 'older' than the official record.

so, 'date of conception' is real
a 'birthday' is the day you pop out of the womb.

i judge my age, on my conception age.

i do not think anyone should kill babies, and i do not finish in women to make sure i never get them pregnant, and i use condoms, always have. if i can use condoms, anyone can. they give them away for free all over, so its not like its hard to buy or get on the cop.

i made a comment on fb about this. chappelle is the same way. he knows its killing babies, but he also said its the chicks choice. he made a joke, just so he could say 'killing babies' and its brilliant the subterfuge.

and yeah, if ifs my body my choice, then it should be, my money my choice.

my money my choice should be EVERYONE's motto.

we need to close the Fedral Reserve, so we can keep more of our money!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Society has to pay if the mother and father cant afford to anyway? If the father leaves before born he still left a child? If a woman aborts she defeated a cluster of cells trying to make a host out of her body.

#evilcancerbabies
edit on 8/31/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You love using part of the argument, lotta guys would have cheerfully taken on full responsibility for the child that was aborted,

Not Dave Chappell. Not the OP. Their argument: IF women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them. This isn't a prolife argument.

there is the perfect example of what I said earlier... emotion to try and force men to pay but god forbid someone use emotion in reference to abortion.

Also so glad to see Dave Chappell and the OP speak for roughly 3.5 billion men in the world.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Well men are being punished now because some women don't get abortions.
Men only get input when the woman allows it. Hardly fair either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join