It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappell said "if women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them"

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Furthermore: If the woman later marries, her husband may adopt the child legally. The natural father has no power to oppose this. (If he has chosen abandonment.)
edit on 7-9-2019 by bloodymarvelous because: - Need to be clear this is tied to the previous post. This is a hypothetical situation where we allow men to abandon.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: The2Billies

Gender equality MUST go both (strike that sorry - ALL) ways or there is no gender equality.

When men can get pregnant, we'll talk about gender equality as it applies to parenthood.

Regardless of the gender of the child, it needs to be cared for. Both parents are responsible for the care of their own child, once it's born.

When men get pregnant - it has happened

This post disturbingly reminds of the George Orwell 1984 quote.

"*War is Peace
*Freedom is slavery
*Ignorance is strength
*Man is woman"

There are many chimpanzees that were raised as humans. If I showed you a photo of one wearing clothes, I'm sure you'd agree with me that it is a chimpanzee and not a human. Even though in that chimps mind, it is human.

It is not being a 'bigot' to say that it's a chimp and not a human. And let us be clear what a bigot is. "a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions". A bigot is not somebody making a simple observation that is based in reality.

You see a chimp is a chimp simply because of DNA. Male humans share 99.9% of DNA with other Male Humans and only 98.5% DNA with male chimps. That 1.4% difference in DNA is so huge that humans and chimps are two totally different species.

But here is the problem. No matter how many adjustments one does to a chimp to make it human, shave it, teach it to learn sign language, make it look human etc etc. It will never be a human. Because reality says so. The best you can do is to make it look human.

And here is another problem. Men and women share 98.5% of DNA with each other. The EXACT same difference between Male Chimps and Male Humans and Female Chimps and Female Humans.

You see, the "men" in the photo that are pregnant are not men. It is scientifically impossible for that to happen. It doesn't matter how much you try and get about it with your Orwellian speak. It is just not true. At best it is a notional idea of reality.

And let us be clear what reality is. "The state of things as they exist as opposed to an idealistic or notional view of it".

And although George Orwell didn't have that last part of the quote "Men is woman" in his book, since he wrote 1984 to be a dystopian sci-fi and not a horror. He did say language is important. I think peoples views of "abortion" would also change simply in the language they use when talking about the subject.

Oh and Dave Chapelle is spot on.

edit on 9 9 2019 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I lived in Germany for 6 years. Did you know if a single mother is under 18 she must go to court and prove she alone can support the child or it is taken from her at birth and put up for adoption.

In Germany if adult parents fail to be able to support their children they are quick to remove the children and the biological parents are given a short window to remedy their situation (Germany gives parents a tidy sum every month for every child under 18). So if the money from the government plus the parents salary won't or doesn't support the child, for whatever reason - including drug and alcohol abuse - the child is removed from the home. The only exception is the parent is disabled/ill but still able to care for the child, then the parent also receives support from the government. But if the money is abused and the parents still can't care financially for the child, the child it removed from the home. Then after the short window, put up for a closed adoption.

I find this to actually be quite a sensible alternative to long term foster care which ruins the lives of many children who turn out to be poorly functioning adults.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CajunMetal
That's bullsh#t.
Maybe if we didn't already have a culture of men not supporting the babies they make women wouldn't feel the need to abort. If there were a culture of men being held accountable, going out of their way to pay child support, etc., and *then women were just willy nilly aborting then he'd have a point.

Um we do have a culture of women willy nilly aborting babies. My daughter had a room mate in college who thought nothing of getting an abortion when she got pregnant. It was basically her form of birth control. She often never even told the sperm donor. This was not unusual among the women in her dorm and no one in her entire dorm thought anything of it and talked her into the first one. After that, pffft, pregnant in a prestigious college, no problem, don't tell the sperm donor, go to the clinic, and viola, problem gone.

We have a culture of men not supporting babies, because women often take the child support and then refuse to let the man see the child, or move far away with no forwarding address. This is so common that there are lots of stories of this just on this thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

That's bullsh#t.
Maybe if we didn't already have a culture of men not supporting the babies they make women wouldn't feel the need to abort. If there were a culture of men being held accountable, going out of their way to pay child support, etc., and *then women were just willy nilly aborting then he'd have a point.

Black, Hispanic, and Other all have the top demographics for abortions. Are you saying those cultures have an issue with men supporting babies/family roles?

Excellent point www.naturalnews.com... More black babies are aborted than born. So yes the argument that was made could be considered patently racist.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

That's bullsh#t.

Um we do have a culture of women willy nilly aborting babies. My daughter had a room mate in college who thought nothing of getting an abortion when she got pregnant. It was basically her form of birth control. She often never even told the sperm donor. This was not unusual among the women in her dorm and no one in her entire dorm thought anything of it and talked her into the first one. After that, pffft, pregnant in a prestigious college, no problem, don't tell the sperm donor, go to the clinic, and viola, problem gone.

I think that only offends you because of your religion, believing a pre-cognitive being has "a soul".

Suppose you got in a car accident and your head was severed from your body. The head then falls into some burning gasoline and is completely incinerated.

Doctors are able to take your now headless body, and put it on life support. A pacemaker keeps the heart beating, electrical impulses to the lungs keep it breathing. Food is sent down the esophagus by a tube. This is now all that remains of you, but it's alive.

Some religious group out there might actually believe that it still houses your soul. And therefore taking it off of life support would be morally wrong. They might picket the hospital, maybe even send death threats to the doctors over if if they make that decision.

- I'm telling you this story because I want you to see how a religious outlook can appear to someone who doesn't share it.

- I'm hoping you can see how you look to me, advocating for an entity that has no working brain, and can't be having thoughts like people have thoughts.

We have a culture of men not supporting babies, because women often take the child support and then refuse to let the man see the child, or move far away with no forwarding address. This is so common that there are lots of stories of this just on this thread.

Men who don't want to be in a relationship often make asses of themselves on purpose, as a tactic to try and force the other person to "be the bad guy" who broke it off. Even behaving abusively if nothing else works.

If he's making enough of an ass of himself, then logically it makes sense she would want to get away from him.

And he'll tell you that story from his side, hoping you'll pity him, rather than be disgusted by his unwillingness to do something difficult, like support his own family.

edit on 15-9-2019 by bloodymarvelous because: I felt one comment I made was a bit too unkind.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Well: some issue with the whole 'financial abortion' concept:

A: Now the state (AKA you and me) is paying for that baby. Not the asshole that bailed on it.

Up go everyone's taxes.

B: A # load of men will take this as carte blanche to knock up as many women as humanly possible.

I know a guy in the UK who has fathered 17 children and has contributed financially to none of them. He's also a complete lowlife who shouldn't have had any kids at all. He managed to make all these kids despite spending half his adult life in prison. I am pretty much already against unfettered welfare for single mothers for that reason alone. Welfare is dysgenic.

C: A lot of men are pulling the 'of course I love you' BS in order to get the girl to put out. The woman involved often believes that she is in a LTR and isn't a just booty call. For this whole 'financial abortion' idea to be valid and fair, there would need to be some kind of up front legal agreement that this arrangement is just for sex and he would need to state he doesn't want kids with her, to her face. And then he probably won't get laid at all unless she is a hooker.

D: you are going top get a # load more STDs as men bail on condoms.

E: When a woman bails on a child via an abortion, there is no child left needing material care. Situation over.

I'd like to add, being on the hook for child support isn't even close to being knocked up and then responsible for the child as a the sole carer when the father bails. Pregnancy is a massive deal to go through.

Unless you were drugged and she mounted you with no consent, get over it.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

I think that only offends you because of your religion, believing a pre-cognitive being has "a soul". - I'm telling you this story because I want you to see how a religious outlook can appear to someone who doesn't share it. - I'm hoping you can see how you look to me, advocating for an entity that has no working brain, and can't be having thoughts like people have thoughts.

I guess you don't think science and biology count when it comes to fetal tissue.

The fetal nervous system — i.e., the fetal brain and spinal cord — is one of the very first systems to develop. In fact, it's making big strides before the XX owner of the uterus knows they are pregnant.

During the second trimester, the fetal brain is directing steady contractions of the diaphragm and chest muscles (think of them as practice breathing movements). The fetus' first sucking and swallowing impulses kick in around 16 weeks. By 21 weeks, the fetus' natural reflexes will allow "it" to swallow several ounces of amniotic fluid every day. And all of that swallowing means the fetus is tasting, too, another sense that's now in full gear.

It is still legal and quite acceptable to many to have an abortion at 4 months, 16 weeks. When the baby's senses, reflexes, and pain receptors are working, the brain is working. On the level of perhaps a worm, but working nonetheless.

At the tail-end of trimester two, a baby's brain-stem (controlling heart rate, breathing, blood pressure) is almost entirely mature, resting just above the spinal cord but below the cerebral cortex (the last area to mature).

By 21 weeks (5 months), the fetal nervous system is developed enough that the fetus is startled by loud noises outside the womb — and may even turn it's head toward the sound of a voice and noises. At 21 weeks point the brain is working on the level of perhaps an insect or lower level mammal who lives on basic instinct alone, can feel pain, can react to outside stimuli.

At 28 weeks, (7 months) fetal brainwave activity features sleep cycles, including REM (the stage when dreaming occurs). Once dreaming occurs, the brain is fully formed and starting to learn, bringing it to the level of all newborn mammals.

Between 24- 28 weeks the fetus has a fully working human brain. (6-7 months)

That is unless science and biology are irrelevant and to make yourself feel good about killing these babies, (yes they are babies that can survive, grow, and thrive outside the womb) you still consider the 24-28 week old fetus simply brainless lumps of tissue.

Abortions are still legal and done during this period, and I imagine you are for abortion being free and legal during this period even if the XX uterus owner is healthy and the "fetal tissue" is healthy.

I suppose you call the above simply religious nonsense, because science and biology have been rewritten by many liberals who say that gender is not biological but determined by the sentient being after they are born and choose their gender.

As a retired PSY Univ. prof. who taught human growth and development, I'm sure you can see how this idea that fetus' don't have working brains, and gender is unrelated to biology seems to me.

edit on 9/17/19 by The2Billies because: formatting spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I read an science journal on the differentiation of gender in humans , and that based on the Ca2+ homeostasis system
there are as many genders as there are humans on earth.

Only two sex forms but multiple gender variants

In conclusion: In this paper I advanced the physiology-based view that there are probably as many different gender variants as there are sexually reproducing individuals, and this not only in humans.

Hence, there is no need to make subcategories in the gender variants with the purpose to install a moral hierarchy as they are all physiologically equal.

This does not mean that all gender variants contribute equally well to the well-being of the whole population.

I hope that growing awareness that the Ca2+- homeostasis system which is a key signalling system in all eukaryotes, acts as one of the corner stones on which gender is based, may contribute to a better acceptance of the variability of in gender forms as a natural, largely genetic (inborn) system.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Biologically there are only 2 genders, XX and XY

The other variants are mutations of the original 2.

for example Kleinfelters syndrome: XYY syndrome is a genetic condition in which a male has an extra Y chromosome. Symptoms are usually few. They may include being taller than average, acne, and an increased risk of learning problems. The person is generally otherwise normal, including normal fertility. Kleinfelters syndrome is a mutation.

XXX : Triple X syndrome is associated with an increased risk of learning disabilities and delayed development of speech and language skills. Delayed development of motor skills (such as sitting and walking), weak muscle tone (hypotonia), and behavioral and emotional difficulties are also possible, but these characteristics vary widely among affected girls and women. Seizures or kidney abnormalities occur in about 10 percent of affected females. Again this is a mutation.

There are other variants, mutations of the "normal" XX, XY ; none of them are normal they are all mutations with issues that accompany all genes when mutations occur.

I am NOT saying they are mutants, which you will no doubt claim.

I am saying that all other gender variants, aside from XX and XY are mutations and are not normal and create physical and sometimes mental issues.

Biologically and scientifically there are only 2 genders, the rest are mutations from the original 2.

That doesn't make the people less than, or wrong, or bad, it just is.

Gender identity is another matter and is psychological, people with XX, and XY sometimes feel like they identify with and belong to another gender. That is a psychological choice. I am not saying they are abnormal, I am saying it is not a biological thing for 98% of them, but rather a psychological unconscious choice they feel is not a choice but their identity. Identity is always psychological, never biological. Note, I did not say pathological, but psychological.

But I digress, and expect both your last post and this one might be deleted as thread drift. Because really the 2 posts have zero to do with the abortion issue. Since only XX has a uterus, despite identifying as a male, you note I always referred to XX or the owner of the uterus, because under gender identity, some "males" have become pregnant. I'm not reporting the drift, but won't be surprised if it occurs.

Question pertaining to your idea that fetuses have no brain, which I refuted: Do you think it is ethical, moral and acceptable to rip off a bugs wings one by one and then rip off their legs one by one and then pinch off their heads? That is what an abortion after 16 weeks generally does, tear off the legs, tear off the arms, pull by the head which sometimes detaches from the body, at a stage of development where the fetus can feel pain and the fetus is given no pain meds.

edit on 9/17/19 by The2Billies because: addition

edit on 9/17/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

You were doing so well until the last paragraph. The word "because" in the middle of the following two thoughts is pure bias. There is no evidence that the first and last part are anything but casually connected. Cause is not proved when one "son" get's F'd over by one daughter. Replace the word "because" with "and" and all that snip.

Anymore than it is proved when one daughter gets F'd over by one son.

Men who don't want to be in a relationship often make asses of themselves on purpose, as a tactic to try and force the other person to "be the bad guy" who broke it off. Even behaving abusively if nothing else works.

*Some (men) who don't want to be in a relationship...

Nothing more, nothing less, and definitely not correlated to your overall point. Some men are manipulative shirkers. Some women are manipulative whores.

Actually, I take back the last word. A "whore" is often an extremely noble profession compared to most others.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join