It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappell said "if women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

It's sad to hear him say that. But what's even sadder, is that there are a lot of people who are thinking the same exact thing, he just had enough nerve to say out loud.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

He also followed up by saying, "If I'm wrong, then maybe WE'RE wrong." He made a solid point.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I loved the new Chappell special. I was laughing almost the whole time. He's also not the first to suggest men should be able to wave their parental rights if women get full authority over the decision to have the child. He's also a comedian so don't look too deeply into it. It's funny.
edit on 9 3 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That's bullsh#t.
Maybe if we didn't already have a culture of men not supporting the babies they make women wouldn't feel the need to abort. If there were a culture of men being held accountable, going out of their way to pay child support, etc., and *then women were just willy nilly aborting then he'd have a point.

edit on 3-9-2019 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmeriCol529

It's sad to hear him say that. But what's even sadder, is that there are a lot of people who are thinking the same exact thing, he just had enough nerve to say out loud.

It’s definitely sad. I can’t imagine not being there for my children personally, and I don’t know how people wouldn’t want to be. Being a parent is hard - at least if you’re involved/care/discipline/enforce standards of behavior and actually engage with them.

However, it’s also the most rewarding experience I’ve been a part of. Never felt more pride than when they do well at something.

BUT... I can’t logically argue with the OPs point - and most responses against it are done via someone being the arbiter of morality - which I’m not in a position to be for everyone else’s life.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Interesting for sure.

I once dated a man who impregnated a girl, before we met, after a short relationship. She didn’t want to date him anymore and disappeared. She showed up at his doorstep 6 months later asking for his ssi #.

This messed with his head something fierce. He wanted to be part of the baby’s life, and she just wasn’t having it.

I loved him, my cuddly marine; and I accepted this was his reality.

She had the baby, and started to let him babysit. Sometimes at her place. I was told by one of his friends that she was playing up to him and I thought I might be in the way so I drifted away.

Ran into him before I left for AZ and asked how his daughter was doing and he said “I haven’t seen her in years”, her mom got married and moved to PA and he lost contact.

That made me so sad for him! He paid 18 years for a child he couldn’t even see; and I went away thinking this was best for them even though it broke my heart. I literally cried for months.

I could never do that to a man, especially a good one like him.

Thanks Kim

- I don’t think men should abandon their children ever; and I think women should use birth control unless they (both parties) want to get pregnant

edit on 3-9-2019 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2019 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

Erroneous.

I loathe this argument... It is absolutely lazy.

How again does this come to the Man being at fault??
As so many other members (both for and against) have pointed out... It takes TWO to tango.
The Man is no more responsible for the pregnancy and ultimately the child than the Woman.

If the Woman doesn't want to get pregnant, use some form of contraception... PERIOD.
Do NOT rely on the Mans contraception to work or in some bad circumstances; not using one.
If the Man does not want to wrap it and the Woman has no contraception... Then no sex.
What is so fracking hard to understand?
If the Man *insists* to the point of rape... Guess what, you have a course for remedy (though a painful path).
Btw, the rape argument can go both ways.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sovaka
If rape occurs there is always the morning after pill.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
He also made jokes about pedophilia I am convinced that's either not the real dave or ppl are forcing him to say certain stuff to make light of certain issues

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
"With abortion available up until birth"

That's not true.

It is what is now being pushed for by even so-called mainstream dems (at least all of the democratic presidential candidates).

"why should only women have a choice"

Because it's her body, her pregnancy, her health and her choice.

But you point out below that 'it takes two to tango'... so why is she the only one to get a choice again?

Do you think a man should trump her choice, and force her to abort or give birth?

Do you think a woman should be able to trump a mans choice, and be free to murder his baby, against his will?

Do you think a woman should be able to trump a mans choice, and be free to impose lifelong servitude on him by deciding to have his baby, against his will?

What is so special about the female sex that she gets to dictate all of the choices?

"isn't that punitive to the man and discrimination?"

A child is a punishment?

Apparently that belief/feeling is why some decide to murder their baby.

Becoming a father is a discriminatory action?

If it is being forced on him against his will by someone with the sole power to choose? Yes.

"Why should the woman demand financial responsibility from the man if she can't afford the child, but chooses not to abort? "

Because it takes two to tango.

No no no, earlier you said it is the womans choice and hers alone. If that is so, then it is her responsibility, and hers alone.

Take your assertion farther and ask, "why should the public have to take care of child, because the dad wont"?

The public should not have to take care of the child because the dad won't (or the woman can't).

If the woman cannot afford it, she should give it up for adoption.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CajunMetal
That's bullsh#t.
Maybe if we didn't already have a culture of men not supporting the babies they make women wouldn't feel the need to abort. If there were a culture of men being held accountable, going out of their way to pay child support, etc., and *then women were just willy nilly aborting then he'd have a point.

Black, Hispanic, and Other all have the top demographics for abortions. Are you saying those cultures have an issue with men supporting babies/family roles?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Sperm donor had a choice to keep it in his pant, or wrap it up, or get a vasectomy.

Egg donor had a choice to keep their legs crossed, or require the sperm donor to wrap it up or get a vasectomy (or not partake).

Apparently you believe that women are superior.

Sexist pig.

This is a false dichotomy. There is no such thing as "abortion on demand" past viability In the USA.

Maybe not quite yet, but you are being totally disingenuous by pretending that they don't want it and aren't pushing hard for ir in some States at least.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRealSolarPanel
He also made jokes about pedophilia I am convinced that's either not the real dave or ppl are forcing him to say certain stuff to make light of certain issues

This is literally the type of comedy genre that Chappelle specializes in....why would it be a surprise?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I don't think there is one.

There is no "good argument" for a man to abandon their child or children.

There is never "ANY" argument that gives one parent sole right on how an individual soul brought into this world by the equal actions of BOTH parents will live it's life devoid of a father.Proveable abuse or widowhood aside of course.
But hey lets hear from the feminist movement on this ? After all their sole goal is for complete equality between sexes isn't it ?
Love to hear the official "fix" for this particular conundrum.
Over to you....er.....ladiees !

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRealSolarPanel

From dark to light...

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fotsyfots

There is never "ANY" argument that gives one parent sole right on how an individual soul brought into this world by the equal actions of BOTH parents will live it's life devoid of a father.

What? Seems to me that's Dave's argument.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: fotsyfots

Black/white holes wherever you look.

I had to tell her half for me and half for you.
I'm Not going to starve her just because she didn't like the offer.

Love is a special thing, and i have plenty of it

She doesn't know yet but soon will. They are working on it.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

They do. Pregnancy is an event in which the development of same takes both parties participating. It just so happens that the hosting occurs in one gender. That doesn't excommunicate the other gender from the overall event. The pregnancy still has occurred and it occurred because of the two parties. Neither party should have more claim/ownership/right to termination than the other. It's a product of the two parties.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They cant be equal, it's not possible.
While the fetus has the right to proper nutrition, and everything else it needs to survive, which the mother is the only one who can provide,

Who cares, a child after birth requires others to survive, are you saying their rights are not equal until they are able to be fully self sufficient and provide for themselves? So under the age of ~18 children should not have rights equal to others?

The basis for not granting rights to a less than 21 week old fetus is that it has no functioning brain to speak of.

How can a thing with no working brain be a person?

I agree self sufficiency is irrelevant. A post 22 week fetus is a person.

Not according to the law in many states. Some states have even dropped double murder as a charge if a pregnant woman is murdered.

According to the law in quite a few states fetal tissue is not a person until the XX decides it is, or unless it has been "born" and taken a breathe.

I definitely agree with you in opposing the laws of those states.

Both extremes are wrong. The argument that "the other extreme is bad, therefore my extreme is good" fails when there exists a non-extreme option that the majority of people can agree upon.

That is the way US society has codified into it's law these days. That's what happens when traditional values are rejected and thrown away like garbage.

It's what happens when tradition is abandoned in favor of something other than science.

Science is unambiguous in the matter. You are legally dead, in mind of all doctors, as soon as your brain fails tests designed to look for brainwave activity for a designated period of time.

A fetus prior to the 21st week, would fail that test.

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: dawnstar

It didn't though. I got full custody of both my kids when I divorced (she knew the kids were better off with me and agreed to it without stipulation).

But my point still stands. If women have abortions -- NOT because they don't want the child -- but, because they don't want the (potential) complications (which I get, because there are a lot, especially if you are older)

Then similarly men might not want to "take responsibility" for the child -- NOT because they don't want to be a father -- but rather because they know the mother well enough at that point and don't want to have anything further to do with her.

You don't get to have it both ways. The goal is perfect equality between the two sexes. NOT the elevation of one over the other.

We actually could have it both ways.

The court requirement for child support would be to provide evidence that the man sought to impregnate the woman. If he can demonstrate that the pregnancy was unintended, he walks.

He also gets no visitation rights, and is treated legally in ABSOLUTELY ALL respects as if he were not related to the child in any way, shape, or form. He never make any claim relating to his relationship to the child.

She may forbid him access to the child to the same degree that she would be permitted to forbid access to any random stranger.

That would be fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join