It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappell said "if women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
I thoroughly agree, and I have seen deadbeat Moms that have never even changed a single diaper on their child, or even made a PBJ sandwich for the child.

There are deadbeat Dads and deadbeat Moms. It doesn't matter which one is the primary care giver. The favor still is in the female's court, even when it is not always in the best interest of the child, because of how our society views motherhood. This can make for very unfair treatment of fathers that provide for, and care for their children, simply because they are men.

edit on 31-8-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The real mind# was his closing comment :
"...and if I'm wrong, then perhaps we're wrong."

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Conservatives are fkin funny. If you're pre-born you're just fine, but when you're pre-school, you're fked. Conservative doesn't give a sheet when you're a military age. Conservative wants live babies, so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.

Fk off!

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Shamrock6

Unless the father is contributing some to the care and nurturing of part of parenting, she shouldn't have a financial obligation . If they are sharing the care side 50/50 then ya, the financial part should also be shared 50/50.

Women are capable of being deadbeat parents just like men are, is the point I’m making. How a pair of parents divide labor is between them.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

With abortion available up until birth

That's not true.

why should only women have a choice

Because it's her body, her pregnancy, her health and her choice.
Do you think a man should trump her choice, and force her to abort or give birth?

Actually, the baby is not her body. it's both parents. And also, why does the father get lumped with paying child support regardless? Is it not his choice?

Hows about everyone stop rooting everyone else that you don't know or secretly detest in the first place. fml.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

a reply to: TheLead

Would you happier if abortion was banned and nobody had a choice. All those would be dads relieved that their significant others had an abortion would be "no more".

I demand the right to let someone else kill my baby for me. There.

Wish I had been aborted after reading your comments in this thread... god, the serenity.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I'm afraid he has a point.

But this illustrates a problem most people miss. Rather than debating whether or not abortion should be permitted, why do we not ask what is wrong that would compel women to want to kill their children before they are born?

I'd rather live in a society where the decision to have an abortion is made because of health reasons rather than financial ones.

I want to live in a stable, happy, prosperous world where children are welcome blessings. I guess that's asking a lot...

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I think responsible parenting involves collaboration and agreement of both parents. I think preaching that sex doesn't come with some responsibility is an outright lie, and these are the consequences of ignoring how profound sexual relations really are.

If society addressed this properly, and *gasp* taught that once you start fooling around you better be ready to take responsibility for what comes next whether you like it or not, then maybe we'd see less single parenting and abortions in the first place.

Which makes for happier children and a more stable society.

I believe this is why marriage is an institution that has existed practically everywhere since the beginning of time. It's better for everyone, overall, but the selfish and ignorant disagree because they want to have their fun right now without consequence. Sorry, but it just doesn't work that way.
edit on 1-9-2019 by povray because: detail

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
When men get pregnant - it has happened

Jesus wept... what is the human species becoming... holy buckets..

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

With abortion available up until birth

That's not true.

why should only women have a choice

Do you think a man should trump her choice, and force her to abort or give birth?

Actually, the baby is not her body. it's both parents. And also, why does the father get lumped with paying child support regardless? Is it not his choice?

Hows about everyone stop rooting everyone else that you don't know or secretly detest in the first place. fml.

For the result of casual sex, unmarried consensual sex, where the owner of the uterus and the fetal tissue are live and healthy:

Unfortunately in today's society.

#1 LEGALLY, it is not the body of the lump of fetal tissue, the fetal tissue has no rights to a fully formed or breathing body

#2 the fetal tissue is the sole property of the owner of the uterus who can choose to have it removed and thrown in the trash at any point before labor ends

#3 Gender equality to have the choice to throw away one's responsibility for fetal tissue does not exist, it is only the purview of the uterus owner. Testicle owners may not legally reject responsibility for the fetal tissue. That is "stick it to the testicle owner" feminism.

#4 Progressive liberals demand total freedom of sexual gratification without judgement or societal consequences, which encourages one night stands, adultery, etc. : i.e. "swipe right" to find a partner for sexual gratification, just don't discriminate against sexual preference while swiping, that is wrong and narrow minded and judgemental

#5 At the same time progressive liberals demand the owner of the egg have sole rights to throw their responsibility to the result of the encouraged one night stand, in the trash at will; while the owner of the sperm are deemed responsible to pay for the one night stand for 18 years.

#6 After society in general encourages XX and XY to sexually gratify them selves and embrace sexual gratification at will, by TV, Movies, Popular Music. Progressive liberalism, and society in general:
The "baby" has no legally recognized human body or choice: The XY has no choice : Only the XX has a choice

This is how today's society operates -
Do not judge anyone for any sexual act of consensual adult gratification nor condemn or discourage it either.
If it should produce fetal tissue, that is not considered a human being until XX decides it is a human being, neither the fetal tissue or XY are allowed to be taken into consideration.
XX should be proud, and brag about,(like many TV/movie stars have) the times they threw away fetal tissue as a measure of their right to sexual gratification without consequences or judgement.
This is progressive liberal new morality and the way they demand the rest of us embrace and convert to.

edit on 9/1/19 by The2Billies because: addition grammar

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
I spent a good amount of money for child support for kids that I wanted to become part of my life . Before I wanted kids, I was always careful. Always asked if they were on the pill, if it was safe, and if not, I wore a condom.

Maybe men need some kind of disclosure that the woman consented to sex, that they would not be responsible if a pregnancy occurred.

Here, sign this before we have sex.

And a guy would never get laid.

The system is rigged against men. I agree with Dave.

What is needed is education on how to give and receive sexual pleasure without the actual intercourse penetration occurring. Abstinence is abhorred by so many because they say it doesn't work. Abstinence of actual intercourse does not mean abstinence from pleasure nor release. It can be quite stimulating and sensual experience for a couple. Rather than wham, bam, thank you ma'am! scenario.

You, whether a man or woman, are both agreeing contractually to the responsibility by actually actively having intercourse...irregardless of birth control methods chosen. Basically, stamping that agreement with your DNA fingerprint.

So society should revise how they educate our youths.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Like men haven't been abandoning their kids and families since forever.

No not all men but they sure don't need an excuse like this to do it.

And the kids they abandon, those mothers decided not to get abortions.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Like men haven't been abandoning their kids and families since forever.

No not all men but they sure don't need an excuse like this to do it.

And the kids they abandon, those mothers decided not to get abortions.

Once abortion became legal, and once it became legal up until labor ends, XX has the unencumbered right to abandon her lump of fetal tissue even if the fetal tissue was viable and healthy, even if XX was healthy.

Before that, XY and XX held equal responsibility for the support and care of the lump of fetal tissue, which was as it should be.

Once the XX had a choice to throw the fetal tissue in the trash at will, regardless of XX's good health and the good health of the lump of fetal tissue, and abdicate responsibility, everything changed.

One can not deny the choice to live to a healthy lump of fetal tissue, and also deny choice to XY to abdicate responsibility, and only give XX the right to abdicate responsibility, that is unjust, unfair, sexist, and giving preference to XX over the rights of XY, and all parties involved.

Sometimes, no often, actions have consequences - once XX was liberated from having responsibility toward full formed healthy lumps of fetal tissue when XX was also healthy - everything changed, unless one wants to cling to old fashioned pre-abortion morality when it comes to XY, but eschew it when it comes to XX.

edit on 9/1/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Although I understand the point being made, two wrongs don't make a right. Why compound one social evil with another....this would encourage the dead beat dads.

You play, you pay.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

No need to get to the point of abandoning being a question to begin with.

Such a shame nobody has found ways of preventing conception from the get go hey?

One day science shall discover how babies are made and how we can avoid it I am sure...... Nobel Peace prize for the person who does I reckon.

But yeah as for the point of OP. Welcome to 2019 where there is one set of rules for straight males and a completely different set of rules for everyone else.

Clearly what is good for the goose, is no longer good for the gander.
What a wonderfully enlightened and egalitarian time to be alive!
edit on 1-9-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I've known many single moms in my lifetime, many of whom got little or no support from the dad.
I've known one single dad with a deadbeat mom connected to his child.
I'm afraid my life's experience kind of tells me that the number of deadbeat dads far outnumbers the number of deadbeat moms.
But I will tell you what irked me about that single dad. All the single moms I knew had welfare propping them up. Heck most of them didnt even have to work. The single dad worked his but off, the mom was a druggy that couldn't hold a job so there was no child support.. she never came to see the kids which dad didnt really complain about. But, he got no govt assistance, not for the rent, not for the child care... nothing!! And, he really needed it.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Once abortion became legal, and once it became legal up until labor ends, XX has the unencumbered right to abandon her lump of fetal tissue even if the fetal tissue was viable and healthy, even if XX was healthy.

This is a lie. Under Roe V Wade, there is no "on demand" abortion once the fetus has achieved viability. There are no legal doctors and hospitals performing abortion on viable healthy babies on demand in the United States.

Also, you seem to be extremely uneducated on the history of abortion. Abortion has always been "legal" in certain pockets of the USA, even before Roe V Wade. Women have been having abortions since the dawn of time. Most societies found abortion preferable to infanticide, which was so prevalent in the ancient world that there were designated dump sites where families would dump their unwanted infants.

This is progressive liberal new morality and the way they demand the rest of us embrace and convert to.

Roe V Wade was decided by a Republican majority SCOTUS under a Republican president.

You point your crooked finger at progressive liberals and ignore the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church, evangelical pastors caught with their pants down in seedy hotel rooms, Republican politicians finding themselves in sexual scandals. And you might want to take a look at the morals and values of the current Republican, very non-progressive, current POTUS, while you're at it.

You're out of your mind if you think women should seriously take morality lessons from Dave Chappell, preaching that men have every justification for abandoning their children because their mothers failed to get an abortion. And, dead beat dads don't need an excuse to abandon their children anyway.

edit on 1-9-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I've known many single moms in my lifetime, many of whom got little or no support from the dad.
I've known one single dad with a deadbeat mom connected to his child.
I'm afraid my life's experience kind of tells me that the number of deadbeat dads far outnumbers the number of deadbeat moms.
But I will tell you what irked me about that single dad. All the single moms I knew had welfare propping them up. Heck most of them didnt even have to work. The single dad worked his but off, the mom was a druggy that couldn't hold a job so there was no child support.. she never came to see the kids which dad didnt really complain about. But, he got no govt assistance, not for the rent, not for the child care... nothing!! And, he really needed it.

I've known several guys who were trapped by women... they get pregnant on purpose trying to secure child support or to force a guy to stay in a relationship he doesn't want.

The reason you see so many "deadbeat dads" is that the system is set up that way to make any guy a deadbeat. The father is the least valued in the court. In addition, the courts have these arcane alimony / child support laws that financially ruin men.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The reason you see so many "deadbeat dads" is that the system is set up that way to make any guy a deadbeat.

Right. It's the system that forces men into "gratifying sex" with brazen, non trustworthy women, believing it's without consequence. And it's the system that "get's women pregnant" and the system that lets them actually give birth, not allowing men to force abortions on them, and it's the system that forces them to be responsible for the child they sired.

Right.
edit on 1-9-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I don't think the man's wishes should override the woman's. It's more complicated then just, "it's the woman's body", though. As you said, it takes TWO to tango.
edit on 9-1-2019 by WakeUpBeer because: format

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join