It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappell said "if women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
In his latest Netflix concert Dave Chappell said "if women can kill their babies, then men can abandon them."
Does he have a point? I was shocked at first to see this. But I totally understand his logic in this day and age.

If a woman can decide to kill a man's child before it is born. Then why should the man be held accountable if the woman decides to give birth. Especially if he has no say over if the child is born or not born.

He ended with "my money, my choice".

Does he have a point? If a woman could decide not to give birth, but decides to give birth, is she then solely responsible for the child? Unless, the sperm donor signs the birth certificate and declares he is a the child's parent. Like in adoption. If a woman has a choice, why shouldn't a man have the same choice?

Interesting philosophy.

Why not allow men to have a choice? Should choice be limited to just one gender?

www.theblaze.com...

When morality is taken out of the equation: no moral judgement on abortion up until birth, why should we make a moral judgement about the sperm donor? Why is refusing to parent or take responsibility for a child mandatory for one gender and a choice for another gender?

edit on 8/31/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

So, I wonder who's Dave's "Billie Jean"?

He sounds bitter.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, I wonder who's Dave's "Billie Jean"?

He sounds bitter.

My thought initially.

But after thinking about it - he does have a point

With abortion available up until birth, why should only women have a choice, isn't that punitive to the man and discrimination?

Why should the woman demand financial responsibility from the man if she can't afford the child, but chooses not to abort?

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

lol. Dave Chappell one of the best stand ups.

Point Chappell.

I would like to hear a good argument against his point.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
He does have a logical point.

It will never happen though. Because then the state would be on the hook for taking care of the child, e.g. welfare, food stamps, healthcare, etc.

It’s all about the money. They don’t care about anything else.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Men do have that right. A little known clause exists, called the “male abortion”. Basically, you sign your rights away and have no contact with your child until they come find you after age 18, wondering why you didn’t love them.

The issue is that men are generally a lot more emotional than people give us credit for. If we knock up our girlfriend and have a baby, we go through all the “I’m gonna spend the rest of my life with this girl” stuff. Then, we realize we’re not compatible. By this point, we’ve already become attached to our offspring and don’t want to just leave them hanging, so we end up paying child support to try to be “good fathers”.

The only problem with that is that no matter what you say or do, the court will almost always side with the mother — and if you broke it off on not-so-great terms, she will do everything in her power to make sure she gets as much of your money as possible, with as little contact with you as possible. So you end up paying an arm and a leg for something you don’t even get to keep.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

With abortion available up until birth

That's not true.

why should only women have a choice

Because it's her body, her pregnancy, her health and her choice.
Do you think a man should trump her choice, and force her to abort or give birth?

isn't that punitive to the man and discrimination?

A child is a punishment? Becoming a father is a discriminatory action?

Why should the woman demand financial responsibility from the man if she can't afford the child, but chooses not to abort?

Because it takes two to tango. Take your assertion farther and ask, "why should the public have to take care of child, because the dad wont"?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Chappelle is a riot. His SNL after the election was the funniest thing on that show in decades. I credit his show for helping race relations and it going off the air with the breakdown in race relations. If he is back from being crazy then we need his show back to make everything OK again.

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Why should society have to pay for a child that the woman can't afford?

She has a choice, once she has a choice in the matter, then it is solely her responsibility. Not the responsibility of the state nor of the sperm donor.

Especially if she does not give the father any say in the matter.

Her body, her choice, her responsibility and her choice to support and raise the child.

As Beto O'Rourke said when talking about abortion the day before giving birth: "This is a decision that neither you, nor I, nor the United States government should be making. That's a decision for the woman to make."

If a man has no say if he becomes a biological father or not, and the woman does have the choice to make him a biological father, denying him that choice, why is it then his responsibility? Her body, her choice, her responsibility.

This will be especially true when progressives make abortion free and fully government funded through mandatory government run healthcare. When that happens the fair thing to do is make a "single" pregnant women sign a form taking full financial responsibility if she chooses to raise the child.

edit on 8/31/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I mean, if that's the route that's being taken. A woman has a right to decide what happens to her body in regards to having the baby, then the guy has no say in if she has the child or not. If the guy has no say why should he be held responsible for her decision? It's na two edges sword or, as they say, you can't abort your cake and get money too.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Why should society have to pay for a child that the woman can't afford?

Because, we're just that kind of society, that doesn't let our children die of starvation, exposure, neglect and avoidable disease.

She has a choice, once she has a choice in the matter, then it is solely her responsibility. Not the responsibility of the state nor of the sperm donor.

The law, and society in general, disagree with you. Sperm donor had a choice to keep it in his pant, or wrap it up, or get a vasectomy.

Especially if she does not give the father any say in the matter.

Maybe the Mr Sperm Donor should have been more selective in his choice of women.

As Beto O'Rourke said when talking about abortion the day before giving birth:

This is a false dichotomy. There is no such thing as "abortion on demand" past viability In the USA.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

lol. Dave Chappell one of the best stand ups.

Point Chappell.

I would like to hear a good argument against his point.

I don't think there is one.

So far the argument is "it takes two to tango" - but when only one is allowed to control the outcome of the tango, then it becomes their choice and theirs alone, thus their responsibility and theirs alone.

The other argument is that the state has to pay if the father doesn't. So making someone pay for 18 years when they have no say in the matter of parenthood or no parenthood - is patently sexist against that gender and strips them of choice.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I don't think there is one.

There is no "good argument" for a man to abandon their child or children.

+29 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Then there is no good reason outside of immediate health to abort.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
He was doing just fine....

He shouldn't have said nothin

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Would you happier if abortion was banned and nobody had a choice. All those would be dads relieved that their significant others had an abortion would be "no more".

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

As evident from Guttmacher’s overview, in these states there are no laws requiring that abortions must be performed by a licensed physician or that they must be performed at a hospital. There are no 20-week, 24-week, or even official viability prohibitions on abortion. Oregon and Vermont fund “all or most medically necessary abortions.” In D.C., Colorado, and New Hampshire, the abortion funding is limited to cases of “life endangerment, rape and incest,” although there have been many efforts to change that in D.C. which were resisted by pro-life Republicans in Congress. In Alaska, New Jersey, and New Mexico, abortions are allowed up until birth and the states fund “all or most medically necessary abortions,” however, the procedures must be performed by a licensed physician. New Jersey has the additional requirement that abortions must be performed in a hospital past 14 weeks.
townhall.com...

Yes late term abortion, up until the day before birth is available in the US.

We are that kind of society: Who forces one gender to pay for the choice of another gender against their will?

We are that kind of society: Who allows children to starve (WIC, free meals at school); exposure/neglect (Child Protective Services); avoidable disease (Medicaid) - right we don't let that happen

We are that kind of society: Who allows one person to make a choice about being responsible for another human being for 18 years while forcing the other person to be responsible for another human being for 18 years - Discrimination? Sexism?

If the mother can't afford the child, she has a choice, if she can't provide for the child, she has a choice, and it's not just abortion, there is adoption. Why should she then force the other person SHE tangled with and did not use birth control with to abide by what is her's and her alone decision?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Its just a simple rebuttal to your statement, seems mine has to be true if yours is. Health has been redefined into the emotional sector these days, damn that grey area it creates. Grey area is wishy washy, meaning it goes both ways.
edit on 8/31/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/31/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Why not if a woman is free to kill her child, and thus abandon it?

Morality is not an issue in this discussion.

You must take morality out of the equation.

Abortion these days is not a moral issue if one is progressive/liberal. It is a health issue, and a responsibility issue. If the woman does not want to be responsible for the child she can choose not to be. Why is is not ok for a man to choose not to be, if morality is moot.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Because, we're just that kind of society, that doesn't let our children die of starvation, exposure, neglect and avoidable disease.

Unless the sperm depository decides to kill it first.

The law, and society in general, disagree with you. Sperm donor had a choice to keep it in his pant, or wrap it up, or get a vasectomy.

You saying that the sperm depository didn't have a say in the wrapping up process?

Maybe the Mr Sperm Donor should have been more selective in his choice of women.

Mrs. Sperm Depository should have been more selective also.

This is a false dichotomy.

You can blame that on Beto.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join