It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Tweets Sensitive Surveillance Image of Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wishing best wishes?!?

I say impeach on the grounds of crappy grammar!!!!

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
From the article:

President Trump has tweeted what experts say is almost certainly an image from a classified satellite or drone

... Yeah, I'm almost certainly convinced.
edit on 31-8-2019 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Aazadan

HOW the rocket mysteriously malfunctioned is THE SECRET. Not the aftermath photo.

Our Military and Intel Analysts/Scientists must be thrilled, knowing that "it" really works in a real-world scenario.

Sorry care,
The military and intel communities ALREADY know this thing (whether a sat or recon aircraft) works. We don’t throw untested equipment over hostile countries.

Important questions the picture raises,

How was it taken? if by aircraft it could be considered an act of war by Iran, if a satalite its above the know capabilities of sat images plus it tells the world the sat is a spy sat and they can plan around i

Was it done to confirm an attack, if so was the US involved or told in advanced?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The US as a matter of policy does not release satellite imagery, for the most part we don't even show it to our closest allies. There is all sorts of information in those photos that reveals the extent of our capabilities, capabilities that are better off left secret. Satellite intelligence is some of the most highly guarded information we have, it's damn near on par with nuclear codes as to how secret it's supposed to be. Releasing such a photo is gross negligence.

The resolution on this photo is high enough that it gives away substantial information about our surveillance capabilities. Most nations are thought to be around a resolution of 30cm. This photo is around 10cm, which would either mean we took this from below the atmosphere (there's a limit due to atmosphere, as to how high resolution can get), which would mean we invaded their air space with some sort of stealth aircraft to get it, or it means we hit/passed that satellite limit.

I'm no fan of Trump, I'm not sure where you got that info, but it's outdated and incorrect.

I was told nearly 30 years ago by people working in that area that resolution of newspaper headline print was do-able. This had been achieved by most Western nations by the mid 80s. I've no idea what current resolutions are but common sense says they're a lot higher, the tech that was cutting edge in the mid 80s is in your standard cheap digital camera, the mathematics behind it is used in photoshop.

The image could have been taken from satellite or a drone sat hundreds/thousands of miles away in another country's airspace or over international waters.

Also Iran hacked the US DARPA, DoD, Lockheed Martin etc... in the late 2000's stealing their secrets and tech (which was then applied and used by Iran to capture the RQ-170 drone in 2011) - Iran already knows what the US is and isn't capable of and has parity up to 2007/8. --- This is a topic that has been openly discussed in public defence/security lectures by current and ex DARPA/DoD staff since 2013 with country and company names substituted with 'hypothetical' scenarios and Iran referred to as 'a middle-eastern nation' to avoid any conflicts.

I've no idea how the US handles raw surveillance data but I imagine they have raw imagery of much higher resolution complete with metadata which is kept isolated, highly protected and is viewable by the President but the 'copy' that is available to DoD workers/has been posted by Trump - has been very carefully digitally altered to obscure any cutting edge tech and make things appear far more blurry than is achievable. If they haven't placed false positives into the data/image or digitally altered it to obscure the who, what, when, how and why it was taken then they're not doing their basic job.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: xuenchen

Wishing best wishes?!?

I say impeach on the grounds of crappy grammar!!!!

Peace

Obviously Xu en knows Trump faked it all so you would get triggered, there is no mistake Trump can make, he posts things with 32d chess moves at all times, you me and xu en knows it perfectly

Trump is always right, even when he's wrong, because he's wrong in the right way, so that people think he's wrong, in the wrong way because he's right, in the right way

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
I mean nice clear photos I guess.

But was this meant as an intimidating tactic or to just give away the whereabouts of a satellite taking photos of other nations?

Are you serious? Please tell me you're not serious... bwahahahaha
edit on 31/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

a reply to: Lumenari

What? Is America at war with Iran or something?

There's more threats to the us then just Iran you know.

Yeah , seems like our own FBI and CIA

Gee it was the media that put that in your head was it, or are you some kind of government employee that doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

edit on 31-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I mean nice clear photos I guess.

But was this meant as an intimidating tactic or to just give away the whereabouts of a satellite taking photos of other nations?

Are you serious? Please tell me you're not serious... bwahahahaha

I know right, gps only works in one direction...

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Gee it was the media that put that in your head was it, or are you some kind of government employee that doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

At least something is in my head.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Can you tell us a little more about that something in your head or is that all you got ?
edit on 31-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Can you tell us a little more about that something in your head or is that all you got ?

Thats all I have
Something
I am at that age now.

edit on 8/31/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Thats all I have
Something

No you don't have something, you have nothing and that why we are here discussing just how much you have to offer.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Doesn't mean it was a bad idea, either

What good comes from revealing to the world that we have this capability? We just pointlessly exposed our surveillance capabilities over something extremely trivial.
Dude, chill out.

We already told you this was green lit, but beyond that, it is no secret that the US contains abilities and technologies that are both radical and awesome.

Nations know this and so do you. Why hide?

Who green lit it is a big factor here. If the President orders such a photo released, it will be regardless of what the intelligence community has to say about it.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
I was told nearly 30 years ago by people working in that area that resolution of newspaper headline print was do-able. This had been achieved by most Western nations by the mid 80s. I've no idea what current resolutions are but common sense says they're a lot higher, the tech that was cutting edge in the mid 80s is in your standard cheap digital camera, the mathematics behind it is used in photoshop.

It depends on where it is from. Due to murkiness from the atmosphere, there's a lower bound on satellite based imagery on Earth of approximately 11cm, this photo was at or slightly below that. Absent some breakthrough that creates a whole new system of photography that is still the case, most nations are thought to be around the 30cm range right now with commercial images at 40cm.

On the other hand, if taken from an aircraft rather than from in space, yes... you can get much greater detail. The problem then is that it means you're flying over another countries airspace. Think about the debacle caused by Gary Powers being shot down. If this instead implies that we were flying over their airspace, it means we have surveillance drones violating their airspace (this being an act of war), and it tips other nations off that we have them, and they can't detect them. This in turn encourages them to find a way to detect them. Revealing that type of capability isn't something you should do over something trivial. Like I said, revealing this is equivalent to revealing that you've cracked someones communication codes. It's not an advantage that you want to reveal over something trivial... that we did, rather than maybe using it to strengthen a case against Iran's nuclear capabilities suggests even more strongly that Iran is not a threat, and weakens the administrations position.

And, no, the drone wouldn't be over international waters, the angle of the image gives a very good indication of where it would have been taken from.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Doesn't mean it was a bad idea, either

What good comes from revealing to the world that we have this capability? We just pointlessly exposed our surveillance capabilities over something extremely trivial.
Dude, chill out.

We already told you this was green lit, but beyond that, it is no secret that the US contains abilities and technologies that are both radical and awesome.

Nations know this and so do you. Why hide?

Who green lit it is a big factor here. If the President orders such a photo released, it will be regardless of what the intelligence community has to say about it.
Ugh, dude there isn't a discussion or argument to be had.

Intel communities cleared its release, that is all.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I hate to tell you this but we are not here discussing how much Gothmog has to offer.

The thread is about trump tweeting classified photos.
Oh he can declassify anything but I doubt he had much support from the DOD in releasing this photo.

Just one more thing proving he doesnt have a clue how to be a leader.
One more guffaw to add to the list. OOPSY

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Did they?

Or was this trump going rogue?

He makes decisions on the fly all the time.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Well you are right about that, I only ask our Esteemed member gothmog because he presents himself as a member who has answers genuine answers and I wouldn't want to limit his ability to answer them.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Unnamed sources have traced this photo backed to Hillary’s server.....So clearly it’s not classified
a reply to: Arnie123

edit on 31-8-2019 by SuperDave90 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

What good comes from revealing to the world that we have this capability?

I'm sure the military can zoom in better than that Iran image, if not... then they're trailing behind commercial satellite imagery.

Look up Burning Man 2019 Spotted From Space (Satellite Photos)
be amazed....

www.space.com...

www.maxar.com...
twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join