It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Tweets Sensitive Surveillance Image of Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Link

I'm sure the call for impeachment from the 'but her emails!' crowd will come any day now.

"These are closely held national secrets," Panda adds. "We don't even share a lot of this kind of imagery with our closest allies." In tweeting it out to the world, Trump is letting Iran know exactly what the U.S. is capable of. He's also letting others know as well, Panda says. "The Russians and the Chinese, you're letting them know that these are the kind of things that the United States has the capability of seeing," he says.

But hey, Iran had a bad day so we need to share that on Twitter. With our classified satellites and drones.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

What a boner!

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Oh FFS.

If only he would have shared a google earth image of him eating two scoops of ice cream, then we would have found the impeachment trifecta.

Is this a serious post?

Or is my satire reflex a little off tonight?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

What a boner!

I think that was Mikes friend back in the day.

He was that creepy dude that kept hitting on his sister(and mom).

ETA: Sorry, thought I read Who's a boner, nevermind.
edit on 30-8-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Looking at other images posted and they seem similar . Don't know if the pic he tweeted was classified or not . If the Democrats would just impeach him then you wouldn't have to worry anymore .
edit on 30-8-2019 by 10uoutlaw because: spelling error

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Odds are good that in the next 5 years they will finally find something to impeach him for. He should be packing his bags and gone by 2025.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Muh....Orange man bad again.
Let it go.
The USA is the most technologically advanced country on the planet, everyone already knows that.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ugh, the I swear people just post anything in an attempt to get a swing in at the POTUS.

Yes Bro, the President walked into a secret basement and walked towards a hidden cabinet in the wall, a rusted metal signpost reads, "Super Secret Pictures don't touch please" and the President helped himself to a classified picture. I mean, that's how its played out in every leftist brain, right?

In reality, the article is rife with speculations, "what ifs" and "reportedly", however, the overall tone and gist of the article is simply taking issue at letting our adversaries see how advanced our optical images are, whoop.

In fact, by the sources own admission, touchy feelies and all,

Either way, Panda notes that a small redaction in the upper left-hand corner suggests the intelligence community had cleared the image for release by the president.

Yawn, the President didn't do anything wrong.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I'm sorry, you'll have to speak up.

I can't hear you over the sound of your Reeeing.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The civilian sector at this point has the technology.

If Panda wanted to really get worried about it, then the picture would have been clear enough to see the color of the people's hair there.

The last few weeks of the media just throwing sh!t against the wall to see what sticks just pisses me off.

Russia... didn't work.

Racist... didn't work.

Recession... didn't work.

So now we're off to whatever the writers of the scripts threw away as unusable for the last few years but now we have to listen to it anyways.... till 2020.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

President Trump has the authority to declassify anything he wants to.

Comey declassified his memos before he leaked them.

The ability to classify and declassify materials is available to several top officials.
edit on 8/30/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I mean nice clear photos I guess.

But was this meant as an intimidating tactic or to just give away the whereabouts of a satellite taking photos of other nations?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

But was this meant as an intimidating tactic or to just give away the whereabouts of a satellite taking photos of other nations?

If it was both, is that bad for America?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

President Trump has the authority to declassify anything he wants to.

Comey declassified his memos before he leaked them.

The ability to classify and declassify materials is available to several top officials.

As Trump is Commander in Chief of the entire US military , I would tend to agree.
Yet , he did not need to in this case
Was already declassed for public consumption.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
25cm per pixel is open source anyway. Anyone who doesn't think the NRO has higher res than that are crazy. Besides this might be an image created from several shots /passes that were mixed for better res. Mixing also doesn't give away time of day with shadows etc.
edit on 30-8-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It might be.

I mean if 4chan can figure out where shia labeouf hid his flag in the middle of the desert from the star patterns alone, I sure some other legit agency can figure out which satellite they can tap into now.

link   
a reply to: strongfp

But was this meant as an intimidating tactic

Well, he did tweet that we didn't do it.

link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yeah no kidding, it's absolutely ridiculous, but I stand ready to break down leftist logic when available, so meh, happy hunting.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Do you have any idea of the range of satellite imaging ?
How would that "give away" the whereabouts of a satellite ?
Intimidation ? - no
Poke - yes. "Look what we can see"

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Sensitive IS NOT classified

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join