It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Dorian gains fury but might skirt Florida coast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Soooo before HAARP what made hurricanes so unpredictable?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Now that HARP has made Hurricane Dorian into an unpredictable monster, what should people in the Carolina's do?

Certainly not listen to people who use HAARP and Hurricane in the same sentence.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: carewemust

Soooo before HAARP what made hurricanes so unpredictable?

So many people still think that HAARP is/was responsible for so many things that it could not possibly affect. It operates in a near vacuum; the Ionosphere, where it researches auroral phenomena and the possibilities of using the ionosphere to propagate global communications channels.... Oh yea... hurricanes are sensitive to those kind of things....

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Every flyable plane we had on the base was gone by lunch Friday.

So looks like I will be able to relax a little and try to get used to the area before the heavy rain and winds hit us.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Good chance more hurricanes will be in the area this year. The busiest part is just now starting.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

All my preps are still in Oklahoma waiting on the movers... had to scramble to gather the basics for about 5-6 days just in case.

I am far enough in land it shouldn't be to bad, but I dont know the flood prone areas yet so this should be a good test run before my family gets here.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Someone was saying the other day that they did a hurricane evac out of Macdill for a previous storm, sent all their tankers to McConnell, and right after they landed a tornado touched down.

How many non- flyable did you guys end up with?
edit on 8/31/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Not many, only saw a couple of the A-10's towed not sure about the Helo's or 130's but the ramp was empty so I am guessing almost everything and anything not flown out is in a hanger.

link   
I just hope I get to catch some hurricane swells. I am off work till Thursday, so thinking maybe surfing Wednesday. Forecast says 11ft, should be fun.

link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

Hehe I did that once nearly killed me (was never a good surfer), be safe out there!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Hopefully my pirate tone when talking about shows how serious I take the crackpot claims.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That's pretty good actually. We didn't used to have the option of flying the biggest chunk of our jets out. We had to get creative sticking them into the largest hangar on base.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

You could check out weather maps and see what systems are actually steering the storm.
High pressure to the west spins clockwise meaning the northern winds are moving eastward. Out to sea. or away from florida anyway.
Water vapor maps make the patterns easy to spot. www.goes.noaa.gov...

The dark spots are high pressure clear skies, the white parts are the water vapor in the air. Clouds, storms, etc...
hit loop and you can see how they are moving.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Been busy this weekend and have tried to keep an eye on Dorian. It is stronger now then forecast. It has turned into a cat 5.

I still don't see anything on the maps that would cause it to make a sharp right up the coast. I just don't see enough pressure from the gulf to hit it and make it turn. We shall see.

It has hit the Bahamas and is the strongest hurricane on modern record to impact the Bahamas. If it makes landfall in the US and does not make a turn there will be massive damage.

edit on 1-9-2019 by LookingAtMars because: add pics

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
welp looks like the predictive models are down to just 1 or 2 tracks that could have a major impact on me in south Georgia.

Ive never understood people living on the beach in the SE.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
welp looks like the predictive models are down to just 1 or 2 tracks that could have a major impact on me in south Georgia.

Ive never understood people living on the beach in the SE.

Yea.. You could pile drive sono tubes a yard apart under your wooden structure, and the wind could pop it off like a bottle cork.

Dangerous place to live in Hurricane Season.
edit on 1-9-2019 by charlyv because: s

Sorry not being sensitive to those that build on sand at the beach. Had some bad experiences with friends. It is just the risk you have to take.
edit on 1-9-2019 by charlyv because: content

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
the Cat 5 eye is small, 160mph winds on west side reaching only 50 miles out... so other high or low pressure cells over the land would have greater influence over the Dorian Path than a huge-powerful Dorian that's as massive as a Eastern Typhoon system
...a low pressure pocket on the GA coastline could draw Dorian to an early landfall (counter to the many models presented so far)

skirting the east seaboard sounds very likely, but flinging east to Bermuda after reaching the outer banks in NC seems likely

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Alabama should evacuate soon as possible, God help them. Thanks for the warning mr president!!

twitter.com... F%2Fwww.rawstory.com%2F2019%2F09%2Fnational-weather-service-scrambles-after-trump-wrongly-tells-millions-in-alabama-to-brace-for-hurricane%2F

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The risk is worth the reward. Those of us who have lived on the beach our whole lives know what that entails, and how to prepare for storms. I have lived on a barrier island in Florida my whole life, and will not be deterred by hurricanes.

If I wasn't able to surf all the time I would definitely lose my sanity, so I deal with boarding up, and stocking up with water, fuel, and food. Actually consider myself lucky to grow up here when I did. Can you imagine our ancestors, without the tech we have, being hit by these storms with no warning?

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Guided up the coast?

You guys believe crap like this but think climate change is a hoax.

Amazing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join